It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk wind generation hits "zero" output on January 19th

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Apparently wind turbines don't make electricity when the wind doesn't blow. That is also a bit funny when they have 4 gw off shore. No wind blowing at sea.
Coal and nuclear have been steady and gas makes up the rest of the power demand.
Cold weather does not help the situation either.

euanmearns.com...˚c-and-wind-hits-zero-output/

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The UK has a very complex weather system and is in it's nature unpredictable. Looks like those tight isobars might be heading this way soon.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Weird cause a couple weeks ago we had 114mph winds across the country so.....Oh right its for that one particular day. Ah well.
edit on 21-1-2015 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo
Weird cause a couple weeks ago we had 114mph winds across the country so.....Oh right its for that one particular day. Ah well.

Did you store up the power from your 114mph wind day or did you have power one day and not the other?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Apparently wind turbines don't make electricity when the wind doesn't blow. That is also a bit funny when they have 4 gw off shore. No wind blowing at sea.
Coal and nuclear have been steady and gas makes up the rest of the power demand.
Cold weather does not help the situation either.

euanmearns.com...˚c-and-wind-hits-zero-output/

And your point is ? You sound suspiciously like the morons who frequent ATS that cherry pick data to suit an agenda and think we can't tell!! So be careful.

Only someone with brainwashed centralised thinking would believe that alternate energy can be utilised like an on demand source. Coal,oil, nuclear are all on demand sources , which is nice and convenient for the moronic politicians who don't have to think about integration.

People with an IQ in at least double figures know that it is possible to be totally alternate and thus coal/nuclear free, if AND ONLY IF it it is supported by , for the sake of simplicity, a battery.

A battery being an object that stores energy, NOT ABSOLUTELY NOT a bank of black and orange bars with "Duracell" written on the side. A lake at the top of a hill is battery since it stores energy in potential form. Liquid sodium is a battery since it stores energy as heat etc etc There are SOOOOOOOO many solutions and yet the "I love nuclear" people seem oblivious to them......I wonder why they have selective ignorance?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

What is my point?
Simple, wind made no power that day.
Why do you assume I am attacking alternative energy?
I only stated a fact showing that it is not reliable yet.

top topics

join