It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did the GOP say about immigration in the SOTU rebuttal? They are screwing with someone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I think the way the rebuttals played out is interesting, so I bring it to ATS. Source material

The main rebuttal by Joni Ernst (R-IA), did not include the word "immigration" . That's what I expected and is in line with my belief that the GOP is being paid to make sure all the loopholes stay open for the cheap labor while using WASP outrage to rally their base. This is one of the most successful GOP domestic strategies in my view. It's pure duplicitous genius.

Then we have Rand Paul, who did his own rebuttal in his drive for 2016 GOP POTUS nomination. He did not utter the word immigration. He's on the right page of the playbook. Ambiguous, vague while eliciting fear and outrage. Good stuff. Mitt Romney should study up.

That would have been uninteresting if it weren't for the Spanish language rebuttal by Carlos Curbelo (R-FL). After his rebuttal was translated, it seems he not only directly addressed immigration a number of times but expressed a willingness to "work with" the current POTUS and the "other party". In the current GOP political lexicon "work with" == capitulation == defeat.

So what gives?

I honestly can't tell and would enjoy some opinions from ATS. I skipped the theater of SOTU altogether. The irony clashes with my wine.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The only reason the flip side of that coin is pushing immigration is so they will get new voters.

To replace those they have ALIENATED here.

If you think for one second the president or his party want to fix immigration out of altruism ?

Think again.
edit on 21-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ops question: What is the actual stance of immigration by the GOP? they are being very evasive.

Neo: Obama and the democrats....

Yep..spot on ops.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Does anybody actually have a link to any Spanish language official rebuttal?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Curbelo Gives Spanish-Language Response to State of the Union

Republican leadership tapped freshman Rep. Carlos Curbelo of Florida to give the Spanish-language response to the State of the Union while freshman Sen. Joni Ernst of Iowa was delivering the official response.

This wasn't just Curbelo making his own response. He was deliberately chosen by the GOP leadership in the house to deliver the Spanish rebuttal.

top topics

join