It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is marijuana really as dangerous as heroin and LSD? Finally, a welcome legal review

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Sorry my dear friend I can talk about what I like until the administration removes it, I've even read over the past few weeks plenty of self experience threads.. I feel like I've hit a few nerves here , I get the impression most people who I talk to on here are pro weed teenagers looking for a viable excuse as to smoke pot

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: meowningstar

Okay, suit yourself. Just letting you know.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

(post by criticalhit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Wow you've recited my facts thank you!

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Pro pot propagandists will say anything to downplay the harmful effects of weed. It doesn't fit their agenda for legalization. I smoked the stuff for years my entire family smokes the stuff. I have an aunt that smoked it since the 60's. I've seen plenty of damage caused from the stuff. Marijuana is a mind altering psychoactive substance. Just because no ones ever overdosed does not make it harmless. The only people pushing for legalization are the addicts and people that want to profit from it or those naive enough to believe the addicts. I know 2 types of addicts those that can't function without being stoned from the time they wake up until the time they go to sleep. The other is stoned from the time they get off work until they go to bed. Of all the people I've ever known that smoke weed very few are casual users.

Who cares?

I have the right to be an addict if I choose to be. I don't need your permission or the state's permission.

You are doing society more harm than good.

Law Enforcement against Prohibition
edit on 22-1-2015 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I agree with the premise of the OP, however the title: 'Is marijuana really as dangerous as heroin and '___'?' is way off the mark. '___' isn't dangerous at all. Once it really settles in that cannabis isn't dangerous and is potentially beneficial, that is one of the next substances we will have to re-evaluate...for similar reasons...it certainly poses no physical danger whatsoever...I think that may have been what you were getting at in the end of your post though, with the '____,' in which case good on you. It blows my mind that I consistently hear people talking about '___' as if it's one of the most dangerous drugs that exist...when in reality it is completely benign...how can so many people be so misinformed?

Oh...that's why you said it that way...it gets censored...well, the bleeped out word refers to the second substance mentioned in the title, of 3 letters. Just an example of us not being able to deny ignorance, I suppose.
edit on 22-1-2015 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
ATTENTION!!!

Discussion of personal experience/use of drugs is prohibited in the T&C

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities,[b specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, … are strictly forbidden

Please refrain from any additional posts regarding personal use/experience on this topic, as they will result in post bans at a minimum.

Please do not reply to this post

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: meowningstar
a reply to: Aleister

Sorry my dear friend I can talk about what I like until the administration removes it, I've even read over the past few weeks plenty of self experience threads.. I feel like I've hit a few nerves here , I get the impression most people who I talk to on here are pro weed teenagers looking for a viable excuse as to smoke pot

Says the guy who can't obey the T&C's of the forum (even after being warned by a fellow member not to do it). For the record, I am 29, but in any case calling people teenagers because they make you mad is rather childish itself.

BTW, I don't recall making any of the bellow assertions or disagreeing with any of that, so I'm not sure why you were responding to me about them (except the medical one).

So let's get started
1. Yes you do grow a tolerance to MJ
2.you can be physically and mentally addicted to it!
3.It causes short term memory loss
4.It 'can' lead to further drug misuse
5.it can be used beneficial for medicinal use..
6.it can cause phycosis

edit on 22-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Actually, it turns out that depression probably causes addiction, not particular substances:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ldunquist

What is this in response to? I don't recall speaking about what causes addiction at any point in the thread. Are people even reading my posts anymore? I've been kind of on the sidelines of this thread the whole time, yet there are now two people attributing words to me that I never said or talked about.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sorry about that! I clicked the wrong reply button. It was meant just to be a general reply to the thread. Plenty of people are talking upthread about what substances are more addictive or cause addiction.

Again, sorry for the mis-reply..

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ldunquist

Ah no problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ldunquist
Actually, it turns out that depression probably causes addiction, not particular substances.

Or activities. Naturally low dopamine levels in the brain probably make some people much more likely to become addicted to something -- whether it's alcohol, marijuana, heroin, or sex or gambling or shopping. If you're predisposed to it, then it's a risk. Otherwise, it's entertainment.

I remember reading a study done on Vietnam veterans who did massive amounts of fresh heroin -- one of the most addictive drugs you can take -- during their tours of duty because Vietnam was hell to be stuck in. Turns out that the minute they got their orders and were sent home to their normal lives, the vast majority of them just stopped doing heroin, quit cold turkey, and never did it again. A relative few of them still had problems with it later, but more often than not those people had problems to begin with.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Anyone whose ever supported the idea of excessive taxation of a naturally occuring plant just to legalize it points to the real danger of drugs, desperation at all costs, even freedom.

I support people smoking themselves stupid or taking heroin or whatever but no good comes from there recreational use.
edit on 22-1-2015 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
Yes, blueshift, that is very,very true... regarding healthy, happy people are not prone to addiction... we all need our dopamine.

Without that dopamine, we will seek it in any activity that produces it... and the addiction web is complex, anyway, with individual factors to each case... one size NEVER fits all, in anything. Exceptions are the rule.

ETA And as far as the above comment (not from Blueshift) "no good comes from recreational use..." well, again, it's a complex, individual situation, but I'd have to disagree and say some good has come from recreational use of many substances, for some... maybe even most! But definitely some... of course that covers a broad area of what is meant by "good." But many many people would disagree with that statement... in that crowd would be a few artists and scientists of renown.
edit on 1/22/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join