It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russias military cyborg biker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

ussia's military is busy building autonomous tanks, unmanned vehicles and other weapons one won't be ashamed of in the 21st century. Vladimir Putin visited a Research Institute outside Moscow and was shown a combat robot. Here's what he saw.

The look on Putins face - priceless

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hithe Merinos

ussia's military is busy building autonomous tanks, unmanned vehicles and other weapons one won't be ashamed of in the 21st century. Vladimir Putin visited a Research Institute outside Moscow and was shown a combat robot. Here's what he saw.

The look on Putins face - priceless

Ha...such disappointment in his eyes. That thing is just a sitting duck in the field.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Hithe Merinos

Lmao. He was struggling against the face palm but held out. KGB training paid off.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
yeah it's like Putin had a conversation right afterwards with his top generals that went something like this.

WTF!!!!!! "I asked you guys to put together a demonstration of Russia's top military machines to show the americans that our weapon systems are not a joke and equal to theirs!!! This is the S%*@T you bring me!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

meanwhile back in the USA Johhny 5 is laughing at that sad looking robocycle.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Awesome, that looks like possibly the worst (and therefore best) bad guy ever from a rubbish SciFi channel movie.....

Mind you, motorbike or not, its in trouble when Yul Brynner in Westworld mode gets hold of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
From where the idea came from

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

I wouldn't be so quick to laugh at what are toys.

Here is what Russia's real military looks like

upload.wikimedia.org...
edit on 21-1-2015 by TryAndStopTheFuture555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

the front page of ATS?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
now these are robots/ remote vehicles,Swords Talon which was deployed in iraq,and the the MAARS (S (Modular Advanced Armed Robotic System)

plain and simple a real killing machine, no little kids toy on top of a four wheeler.
plus they can do much more.

and here the army testing autonomous trucks.

edit on 21-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
In fact

US army complete integration with technology and wireless connection is its Achilles' Heel

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

So proud of US military technology !

Are you as equally proud of 500 billion a year Defense budget and 17 Trillion Debt.

This is why US in the end needs WW3,
otherwise all this stuff is wasted.
Of course, there is no guarantee such a war can be won.

That's the problem of modern Finances.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Yes... Well...

They have a fair distance to go before everything goes all Omega Doom on us ! My toaster is more manoeuvrable than that thing is!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

That is like a grown up kid's toy, a military robot would not need to look human so what is the point, daft they need to take a leaf out of the predator drone idea, autonomous does not mean Replacing the human but working without the human.
Then again I can see many applications in area's were crow's are a national threat to the crop's.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

no problem i'm sure these can take them out at altitude and distance.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

So proud of US military technology ! Are you as equally proud of 500 billion a year Defense budget and 17 Trillion Debt.

yep i'm a firm believer in Big Stick diplomacy.

plus the sword talon is one of the cheapest weapon/ equpiment made and can be made cheaper, and save U.S. service personnel lives.

SWORDS or the Special Weapons Observation Reconnaissance Detection System, is a weaponized version being developed by Foster-Miller for the US Army. The robot is composed of a weapons system mounted on the standard TALON chassis. The current price of one unit is $230,000; however, Foster-Miller claims that when it enters mass production the price may drop to between $150,000 and $180,000.
Foster-Miller TALON

only if we could get the people in charge to use it the way it should be used.

edit on 21-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
All I see is the public face to whats likely a much more advanced robotics program which features eye level surveilance from gas powered ATV's that can not only travel much greater distances and terrains but with bigger payloads for greater effectiveness.

Also a human like form can provide long range deterrence or denial of area for the casual observer.

edit on 22-1-2015 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2015 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join