It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Revolution Inside USA Is A Strategical Mistake

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheNewRevolution

I see a lot of ignorance in this topic(...) If a revolutionary force succeeds and manages to win back the United States, they will just have defeated the most technologically advanced and arguably powerful military in the world, AND they now own ever piece of technology that is at that military's disposal.

Incorrect twice in only one sentence. Counter-rebuttal:

Counter-rebuttal #1: First of all, China is actually the most powerful military in the world.
world top ten largest militaries

Revolutionaries defeating the US will only mean that

-the revolutionaries will have lost alot if men in the process, and
-they would still have to defeat the actual most largest military in the world.

Counter-rebuttal #2: Secondly: revolutionaries winning against US military does not imply that the revolutionaries will gain total control over the military equipment. This is because of a very obvious fact: to win, the revolutionaries will need to destroy target military equipment in the first place. Thus the actual armaments which would come under control of the revolutionaries will be nothing but a fraction of the original army - and this military downsize will be more than enough to open the US to those foreign armies which are still fully operational and coherent.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
They could never beat subs and ships, the US military could never be truly defeated due to countless weapons of various types of mass destruction, they can however stand down for the greater good.

The day US military is shooting and bombing Americans will be the day they will need to consider standing down. . .

However a a foreign power would be bombed to ## with no remorse and without a second thought.

The USA will always have the means to attack foreign countries reguardless of how a revolution plays out in the borders of the USA, via foreign US bases, deep underground bases, space, sea, and air. The USA is a global military and can attack anywhere on the globe within nanoseconds, this wouldnt ever change even in a revolution, because the revolt would be earth based and border bound.

Even if there was a world war the USA could just leave the planet and nuke every country on earth and extinguish all life whenever they wanted. Like a boss!
edit on 23-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Exactly.

There are so much ways revolution in US can go wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Exactly.

Agreed

However it may be fought, its very much an unwinnable fight, however the US military can be reasoned with. . . . I hope.
Revolutionaries would need a place to live in as well, bargains will need to be made by both sides and then peace can be restored again.

However I doubt America will ever be the same again after the fight, so much will change, and so much technology will start comming out of the woodwork.

It may be for the better or for the worse at the end of the day, I am guessing with people dying and various weapons being innovated and employed it may be for the worse.

The time of peace after such a major event may issue in a new golden age of knowledge, physics, genetics, science and technology.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

Exactly.

The same can be said for just about everything in life. I don't remember the highest odds always being most liked.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I've never stepped foot in Canada. I'm just giving a realistic analysis as to how the Revolution went down. Getting people such as Washington and Jefferson involved with the Revolution really helped to cement the idea that the Revolution was about ALL the colonies, not just the New England ones (even though most of the problems with the taxes was effected the New England ones). History isn't as magnificent as we like to pretend it is. It is dark and ugly. Don't get offended because I don't look at it with rose colored glasses and go "RAH RAH USA USA!" That doesn't mean that I don't love my country or anything either.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Not really doing its job either. But hey, you are free to believe in insane conspiracy theories. You have no more evidence of what happened than I do. So knock yourself out with the assumptions. I don't care about him or his work. What happened was a tragedy, but I think the official story is good enough for me.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If 9/11 is ever exposed officially, that would start the revolution. No one would be able to stop it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: truth0rdie
If 9/11 is ever exposed officially, that would start the revolution. No one would be able to stop it.

No one cares that we were duped in 911, the public could care less, and just want to be lied to rather than accept the BS story of 911, its a ludicrous story at that and doesnt explain squat as to how it was really done, and building 7.

Anyways the public is too apathetic to care about much anything these days, as long as thier lives dont change all is fine and dandy.

Which is why I think the public may just hand in thier guns if they ever become illegal, no one really wants to care that much about anything anymore.

I was born and raised in America and I hate to say it but what I have noticed over time is the people around me in my life dont want any hassles anywhere. . . . .
The American people dont seem to care about what we are fighting a war for.
The American people dont seem to care about GMO foods,
The American people dont seem to care about fracking.
The American people dont seem to care about Taxes.
The American people dont seem to care about NSA spying.
The American people dont seem to care about a police state
The American people dont seem to care about jail time without crime.
The American people dont seem to care about diet and Health.
The American people dont seem to care about the Environment.
The American people dont seem to care about taxes going to more weapons of mass destruction.
The American people dont seem to care about harmful vaccines hurting our kids.
The American people dont seem to care about a failing educational system.
The American people dont seem to care about privitized prisons.
The American people dont seem to care about the wealth gap.
The American people dont seem to care about big oil and corporations owning everything.

The people are in no condition to revolt, most in my opinion would just consider revolters as terrorists.

edit on 24-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Very true any movement would have a hard time getting started let alone being backed by the people as they are now.

Most could tell you the short goals or reason we go to war overseas let alone the long term goals or why there are a large number of privet contractor out there.

They also could tell you the details of the bills being pushed or all the riders that are attached let alone knowing riders are attached to most.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero

Very true any movement would have a hard time getting started let alone being backed by the people as they are now.

Most could tell you the short goals or reason we go to war overseas let alone the long term goals or why there are a large number of privet contractor out there.

They also could tell you the details of the bills being pushed or all the riders that are attached let alone knowing riders are attached to most.

There is such a long list of things the American people have looked the other way on I dont even know where to start.

How about the whole arrest you for no reason law thats just fine and dandy with folks.

You dont even have to commit a crime to be locked up.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Not true, some of us are not fine with it. But it's the lot we got stuck with. The field may have holes in it but all the wheat is bad.

I find most media outlets do not voices what most Americans are thinking. They pick the footage that fits the story they want to report and not the story that has happened. Most of our media is how they'd like us to think and how they want the rest of the world to see us as, not as we are.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

a reply to: FormOfTheLordNot true, some of us are not fine with it. But it's the lot we got stuck with. The field may have holes in it but all the wheat is bad.

I find most media outlets do not voices what most Americans are thinking. They pick the footage that fits the story they want to report and not the story that has happened. Most of our media is how they'd like us to think and how they want the rest of the world to see us as, not as we are.

I hope your right, but I havent seen Americans ever stand for anything other than what they were told to stand for, how can people who dont think or know right from wrong ever find thier way.

We have dropped the ball on so many things how can we make things right again when will people ever start giving a dam about important things like unending wars, the foods not fit to eat, the water isnt fit to drink, there are chemtrails in the sky over our heads, radiation poisoning from nuclear waste hidden by our government, various chemical spills, pesticides in our foods that harm us, GMO foods are changing us, pollution is giving us all various cancers, now torture is fine with most, ending racism, fracking, Taxes, NSA spying, a police state, jail time without crime, diet and Health, Environment, taxes going to more weapons of mass destruction, harmful vaccines hurting our kids, a failing educational system, privitized prisons, the wealth gap, big oil and corporations owning everything. To be honest I feel as though the people have lost thier way, theres no more morality in the world, we look more and more like the bad guys every day.

All the people seem to care about is whats comming on TV next. . .
edit on 27-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Americans stand for things. They just might not always be standing for the things you want them to. Over the last 7 years, lgbt rights have increased greatly, we are closer to ever to ending marijuana prohibition and are finally starting to question the war on drugs.

Unfortunately I don't see things like the Patriot Act going away anytime soon as long as Americans let themselves be wrapped up in xenophobia about Muslims, but that will change as people's attentions drift. I am confident that if we cannot get these things accomplished, our children will see the error of our ways. The children after all are leading the way on the two issues I mentioned above.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I know a great number of people that have tried to make changes, many of them fail and pay the price for it. Sometimes they'll win, but you'll never hear about it. We're very divided, the good people we do have are spread so thin now, but they are there. They'll not always make news cause they don't care to make it and are looking to stop a bloodshed headline not be a part of it.

But it's not just the media we have to deal with. Look at the long list you've posted. That's a beast with many heads, if we all did go off and try fighting each head with equal numbers we'd lose. If we cut off one head two will just grow in it's place. We need to find the body and go for that. But what is the body or where is it, we don't really know.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I think one of the best things we can do for our kids is remove the electoral college system and switch to a direct system. It wouldn't save them but it's harder to bribe 316 million then 538.

With networks we have the tech to support a direct election system now. I bet with a push for it it could be in place and working with in under a years time.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Americans stand for things. They just might not always be standing for the things you want them to. Over the last 7 years, lgbt rights have increased greatly, we are closer to ever to ending marijuana prohibition and are finally starting to question the war on drugs.
Unfortunately I don't see things like the Patriot Act going away anytime soon as long as Americans let themselves be wrapped up in xenophobia about Muslims, but that will change as people's attentions drift. I am confident that if we cannot get these things accomplished, our children will see the error of our ways. The children after all are leading the way on the two issues I mentioned above.

There may be truth in what you say, I can only hope our kids will succede where we have failed. The problems arent going away they will be increasing exponentially, not decreasing. The greed and the wish controll our fellow brothers and sisters has corrupted us to our very core. This kind of evil wound needs love and time to heal properly, but we just keep throwing more salt on the wounds, gas on the fire, you name it and were doing it.

Nothing short of a maricle will change the course, and when I see my kids I know they are a maricle of life, I just dont know how on earth they will ever do the things we couldnt do. Why on earth couldnt we get it right? How will they? Where is the common sense in people these days, this is like a bad movie were stuck in and no one is willing to do the right thing or decide to take proper actions.
I dont expect things to get better, that way I wont be dissapointed when we drop the next ball.

Yes I would like to see us improve as a civilization and in my heart I think we will someday, but until we address the immorality of our world today how can we hope to achieve anything.

Everyone is living check to check and cant spare time to give a damn about anything, the people are disempowered, and more disempowerment is on the way we can be sure of that. We just dont know what it will be. What we do know is the people will just shut up and take it like good citizens, because thats all we have ever done. We need a reality check in a bad way, and the way things are headed things will get worse before they ever get any better.

Momentum doesnt just change for no reason, there has to be a moral symbol of hope to guide the people, something to give us hope again, because all I see when I look around is uncaring apathy. We need heroes to believe in and show us the way to a better future, not torturers that lead us into our own self created hells.

When I was a kid, I used to believe in heroes, I want to believe in them again. . . .
edit on 27-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I think one of the best things we can do for our kids is remove the electoral college system and switch to a direct system. It wouldn't save them but it's harder to bribe 316 million then 538.

I agree that we need a new system, but a direct democracy would be VERY bad. The majority would have every ability to rule at the expense of the minority. We cannot have that either.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
There may be truth in what you say, I can only hope our kids will succede where we have failed. The problems arent going away they will be increasing exponentially, not decreasing. The greed and the wish controll our fellow brothers and sisters has corrupted us to our very core. This kind of evil wound needs love and time to heal properly, but we just keep throwing more salt on the wounds, gas on the fire, you name it and were doing it.

They will succeed in places we failed and fail in places that we never reached. That is the way society works.

Nothing short of a maricle will change the course, and when I see my kids I know they are a maricle of life, I just dont know how on earth they will ever do the things we couldnt do. Why on earth couldnt we get it right? How will they? Where is the common sense in people these days, this is like a bad movie were stuck in and no one is willing to do the right thing or decide to take proper actions.
I dont expect things to get better, that way I wont be dissapointed when we drop the next ball.

People are selfish, but that isn't a new phenomenon. They have always been selfish. There have always been problems of the day and there will always be problems of the day. The key is to look beyond that. Like I said, the people move at times.

Yes I would like to see us improve as a civilization and in my heart I think we will someday, but until we address the immorality of our world today how can we hope to achieve anything.

I think that is naive thinking. It is our immorality that drives us to push boundaries. Yes, sometimes those boundaries are pushed in ways that disgust us, but we wouldn't know if we hadn't tried. We need our immorality just as much as we need our morality. It makes us human.

Everyone is living check to check and cant spare time to give a damn about anything, the people are disempowered, and more disempowerment is on the way we can be sure of that. We just dont know what it will be. What we do know is the people will just shut up and take it like good citizens, because thats all we have ever done. We need a reality check in a bad way, and the way things are headed things will get worse before they ever get any better.

Society has always been this way. People have always lived on the edge financially. At least these days you can't be thrown in jail for losing everything. Also, we, the people, still have more lateral movement power within our society than ever before, and we are slowly expanding that ability beyond white people. Minorities have many opportunities these days to move up in society. Sure there are things still holding them back, but we are improving all the time. Look at the advances made to women over the last 100 years.

Remember, try not to look at the short term. TRUE improvement happens in the long term.

Momentum doesnt just change for no reason, there has to be a moral symbol of hope to guide the people, something to give us hope again, because all I see when I look around is uncaring apathy. We need heroes to believe in and show us the way to a better future, not torturers that lead us into our own self created hells.

When I was a kid, I used to believe in heroes, I want to believe in them again. . . .

There are plenty of heroes for people to look up to out there.
edit on 27-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   

True, but I'd take it over what we have right now, and it would lay the the ground work for something better...maybe.

We have only a kind of winner take all system in place, a few states don't use it. But I'm still kind of on the edge at the vote counts being reported. One of the reason I'd like to see it redone, I think they're to many holes in the system to be abused.

I'd also like and "No" or "none of the above" option added to all ballots. If select by enough they don't get to run again. No more of this picking the lesser of two evils.
edit on 27-1-2015 by ObjectZero because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join