It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and Russia, Threat of Tomorrow?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
With the recent dicision for China and Russia to perform military excercise together, the threat of communism seems to grow. This possible new alliance could be a future threat, or it could be something much simpler. Beijing is now a major purchaser of Russian war technology.

Do you think this new alliance between military excercises poses a threat to our existing world?

This is a large corner within the continents that could either serve as a reaction to the threat of the USA in the Middle East, or a greater strategic position.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
While the monkeys in Washington are scaring away allies and friends, the chinese and russian are quietly building alliances with the middle east.

Just goes to show that it does not require force or intimidation to win friends in this world.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
Do you think this new alliance between military excercises poses a threat to our existing world?

No.
But a response to it, which is based in fear, is a threat to the world.

It's only a threat if you look at it that way.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This alliance could mean big trouble. Not only has Russia and China been supplying weapons to countries such as Iran, but an alliance between the two could be major problems in the future.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango

Originally posted by infinite8

No.
But a response to it, which is based in fear, is a threat to the world.

It's only a threat if you look at it that way.

I agree, who is it a threat to? Is it an economic threat? A political threat? None of these really affect my life in anyways, so I hardly would deem them talking together a threat.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
A threat to power, mostly.

Which is what the US government fears.

And hence, it becomes a threat to our existing world.

top topics

join