It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Sportsmanship, Seahawks fan's gesture touches Packers family

page: 1

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:29 AM
This guy is a freaking class act.

Tim McElravy said, "Can you help us get in contact with this fan? We attended the game today and my son and I are die-hard Packers fans At the game there was one fan (a 12) who was pretty vulgar to us and said some pretty rude things to me and my 13 year old son Austin. The whole game this guy in a Sherman Jersey was talking to us having a good time...offered to trade jerseys with us (but we did not want to give up our Green and Gold). At the end of the game my son congratulated him on a great game and PJ took off his Sherman Super Bowl Jersey and GAVE it to my son. We were moved to tears...the 12's showed what being a Seahawk fan is truly about."

I love seeing sportsmanship like this. I think it's pretty clear there were many Packers fans that were crushed, and it's just awesome that this random stranger decided to make that a little better for that kid, and subsequently teach him an awesome lesson.

So why did he give Austin his prized jersey?

"It was an emotional decision at the time, it was my last year's Super Bowl jersey and Sherman is my favorite player.. you attach memories to that. As awesome as those memories are, that kid is never going to forget that moment and that means more to me than that jersey."

Sherman has apparently reached out and wants to give this gentleman a signed jersey to replace the one he so graciously gave away.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:00 AM
Perfect example of what the game is all about.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:47 AM
a reply to: rockintitz

i thought the game was about revenue. tons and tons of revenue.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:35 AM
a reply to: Domo1

What a great story. Actually made my eye's water.

That boy will remember that for the rest of his life.

If everyone took the time to do a kind act for someone....

It's nice that we are seeing more of these acts of kindness stories.

It's contagious

top topics