It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently most people don't know how to look at NASA pics. Here's some help.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

NASA has left the pictures wide open in certain places.
Too many people are looking in the wrong spots
Hope this helps.

JCR

edit on 20-1-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I found the vid but your embed doesnt work. Interesting Mars theory though, IDK much about photomanipulation though. Is it possible things like that happen when putting all the pics together?
I'm not sold on the statues n ruins thing though, those well idk look manipulated to me can you get the coordinates of that location?
link

Im guessing thats your youtube page?? All those vids popped up on that account within the last 2 hours
edit on 20-1-2015 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Heres the vid…

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If you could possibly expand on your op a bit, maybe give a synopsis of the you tube video, your thoughts on it?

Far too many dump and run you-tube posts these days.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I normally ignore one line youtube posts but this one is only 3 minutes and worth watching. The theory is that you are looking at debris (not just rocks) and whoever made this videos highlights what they think are statues including a partial face. Interesting.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The last item, the head, was found here at ATS on the anomalies thread, and eventually, when the Rover moved and put up some new pics, it was easily seen to be made up of several rocks. The initial picture was the result of a very lucky camera angle in just the right place to make the jumble of rocks look like a single recognizable object. The other things have been discussed on the anomalies thread as well, except for that bunch of rocks he cut and pasted standing up (in real life, if they were stood up, most of them would fall to the ground - that simply is not a single object, nor even close to what the youtube fellow wants us to think is a statue).

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Here's the 8 minute video guys.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Two points.

These YouTube commentators are generally very clever in their use of subliminal persuasion and suggestion. If you listen to these videos with that consideration, you may end up concluding that what is being said is tosh. No, it's not a skull, it's a rock.

Second point is why? Why would NASA go to such trouble to alter all their videos, which would involve a great deal of people in a large-scale cover-up. Why not land somewhere where the videos don't need to be fiddled with, or just say the camera is broken! As the US has shown, they cannot keep secrets, yet this cover-up remains intact and fooling everyone but the most observant and "open-minded".

Personally, I think the creators of videos like this are laughing at people who support their validity. Just like crop circles.

Regards

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
5 flags for what?? Must be children again

I don't watch vids a lot... Care too explain your comments and breakdown?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

You may be right, however image manipulation really isn't that difficult, and it would be a lot cheaper, quicker and easier to do that than move the rover to another location that doesn't feature such objects. Never call instant bull# on things you don't fully understand.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Strebor

people who keep seeing " artefacts " on mars need to get out more

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonwhite866
Never call instant bull# on things you don't fully understand.

Oh, I fully understand what is going on.

People are being manipulated and I am not so sure NASA is doing the manipulation. The people doing the manipulation are those tying to persuade, often successfully and using sophisticated techniques, that things are going on which are not. A rock is a rock, until you suggest it's a hermit crab, then suddenly (bingo) it's a hermit crab.

It must be true - I saw a YouTube video!

Regards

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
very cool

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Im not into the statue or the head, but i do believe the sand is photoshopped. I also belive what looks like the remnants of a wall. Why photoshop the sand in?

If anyone from NASA reads this, do the world a favour and get us the original images. ALL OF THEM. You owe it to mankind...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

The sand, no, it was present and accounted for during the time the Rover was at that spot (it was there quite a long time if I remember correctly). The hundreds of photos from the spot can be accessed from NASA, and as the Rover was at the spot the people at the anomalies thread were following it closely and someone from there likely looked at every photo. It was a sandy area, and the Rover actually had to take a chance to cross the sand. I for two had my fingers crossed - not literally but you know - that Curiosity would cross the mound of sand that it had to get over without sinking into it, and happily it was packed down enough that the crossing was easy.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
My question for the people who made this YouTube is why are they only using that panorama, which is a collection of images taken during Sol 528? The rover went through the exact area on subsequent Sols , and took images all along the way. Why didn't these YouTube guys show us the alleged ruins in the images taken closer to those alleged ruins?

During Sols 530 through 538, Curiosity drove right through the area where these guys say the "brown area isn't sand but was photoshopped" (NASA dubbed the general area between the outcrops as "Dingo Gap"). The images taken along the way show sand. The outcrop on the right in that video that are supposedly ruins were also photographed closer than in the video.

The area that they called the "rectangular burned-out looking area" where "structures once stood proudly" was driven through on sols 540 and 541, and the area was imaged along the way. Why not use those images instead of the one taken 50 to 100 meters away for their investigation?

edit on 1/21/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Apparently most people don't know how to look at NASA pics. Here's some help.

Apparently a rock is a rock.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 21-1-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I think that if curiosity took any pictures of clearly identifiable artifacts that NASA would just not release those photos if they were trying to cover something up.The point is that you won`t see anything in the pictures that NASA doesn`t want you to see because it`s very easy for them to just withhold the pictures they don`t want you to see.

Unless you know for sure how many pictures curiosity took on each SOL you won`t ever know if NASA withheld some pictures or not.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Tbh I am starting to suspect that Mars is actually an illegal dumping ground for aliens all over the universe. Think about it. With just plain random debris being scattered on seemingly every inch of the planet, it cant be an old civilization or anything like that.

Its just space ships flying over and dumping their loads of dead space bugs, skulls, petrified people, broken ships, rocks they dont want (obviously), pieces of metal, etc and so on.

Its a garbage planet.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join