It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strangest form of "music" you'll ever find.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Stalaggh is a project formed by members of the Dutch and Belgian black metal scene. They don't like being called a project, band, or holding the title of creators of art, as art is constructive, and their results are destructive. Their goal was to make the listener enter a state full of despair and hopelessness. In order to achieve this, they gathered up some patients from a psychiatric hospital, brought them to an abandoned factory, and told the patients to let loose.... here are the results..

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Needs more cowbell.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
But is it available on iTunes yet? I could use some new workout music.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
s&f
No competition for TG or Neubauten in formula of course. Thanks however and it fulfills their direction.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Just horrible, but as that was the effect they were aiming for I guess its a win

that said, I seriously worry about the mind that considers making something to delibeately disturb people a worthy or worthwhile endeavor. I dont know who these people are (and frankly dont want to) but I cant help feel the human race would be better off without them.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I like it. It's catchy. I can't stop laughing.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Uh, yeah, whatever...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Hanatarash, Boris and Sun O))) mixed together. At least that's what it sounds like to me.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Couldn't listen to much. Sounds like a combination of torture in hell and a lunatic asylum.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

cowbell.....

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think a chick playing a theremin with her boobies would be a nice accent.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 21-1-2015 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: bdomihizayka

Their goal was to make the listener enter a state full of despair and hopelessness.

At practically any given time, I am already very close to being in that state of mind, yet this noise was still unable to push me there. In my opinion, they clearly failed to reach said goal.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
That felt like a drill bit in my ear hole.

edit on 1 by Mandroid7 because: fn iPad

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Catchy...

Actually just another old aphex twin tune

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Many times "art" is considered something that is meant to evoke an emotional, social or political reaction. I haven't listened, but if they are trying to be anti-art, that will be hard based on the former definition as they are trying to evoke a response from the listener.

Having studied the philosophy of art, my personal definition is that it should evoke an aesthetic response, that being a response to the beauty of an art object, not any message that may be conveyed. Classic art portrays aesthetic beauty in it's realistic rendering and abstract art with pure form and color. Anti-art, therefore, must be something that portrays some disturbing anti-aesthetic properties that evoke a negative emotional response. Repulsive, angry responses evoked by a "work" may actually be considered a type of art unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Interview

Article

I find this quite interesting. Listened to over 30mins while doing a little research on them

What I'm failing to understand is how they claim to be nihilists and claim that their work is 'anti-art' and in the same breath state that they want to spread their message that 'Existence is Futile'.
I get that they don't care what anyone thinks, but come on...
Their works are an artistic expression and within its context can be interpreted varied meanings by anyone who listens.

It may frighten some, some may laugh it off.
It may relieve some emotionally, others it may upset.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Yeah, I thought I heard her. That was her, kinda in the background, harmonizing now and then. You could hear her part at different intervals. Ouch,,,,,,,,ouch.......................................ouch,ouch........ouch........ouch.............ouch............................................. .......................................ouch...........................................ouch ouch ouch.................................................................

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Made it to 7:06. Do I get a prize?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well, that didn't float my boat at ALL. Like a soundtrack to Hell. I think this was a project that was fraught with peril, with little value possible towards its end. This makes Harsh Reality sound like church music.

top topics

join