It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That point when....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
...you might stab your spouse with a fork as you vie for a few dried up marshmallows from last summer's s'mores, rumaged from the back of the pantry - the only sugary/sweet thing left in the house post-Holiday.

Either one of us might ransom one of our kids for a carb.

I swear, getting back off of carbs is so dang hard. Sugar is evil. I even read that an oreo is like seven or eight times more addictive than coc aine. At this moment - I totally believe it because I am a woman on the edge of something desperate!

If y'all hear a wild story or see a you tube video of some crazy chick going off the deep end down some cookie and cracker aisle somewhere. ..it's probably me....

edit on 1/20/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Oh, I feel your pain!

I find myself doing the same thing. Ugh, it's hard. It's so so addictive. Would love an Oreo about now, dang it!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

If it makes you feel any better I have this 5 layer chocolate cake I'll eat all by myself so you are not tempted to have it :p jk

Good luck on your post holiday diet though.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I'm not big on marshmallows!
But I had some garlic with my meal tonight!
And it tends to make me crave sweets..

Thanks to you I want moosetrack ice cream with marshmallows!
I hope you are happy!
Stores are closed!
;-)

Wait!? You're a lady?
I too tried cutting carbs... started with salad and veggies...
Lasted 3 days.

Now I get 95/5 ground meat...
I caved too! Even had a baked potato!

edit on 20-1-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I must be one of the only women alive that would gladly give you all of the Oreos and chocolate on earth for all of the chips, pretzels, etc. on earth.

I much prefer the salty to the sweet. Once on a blue moon I will crave something sweet... The rest of the time it's salty all the way.

Share the crusty marshmallows KJ... It's the right thing to do.

edit on 1/20/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

It's not really even a diet...more a lifestyle. It's just getting back to how we used to eat before we lost our freaking minds at Christmas. We're just so shocked at how hard it is to get back on track. Carbs and processed foods in general are just so seriously addictive and so easy. It's like a double whammy.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Same ...sweets do nothing for me but a bowl of salsa and some salty chips...mmmmmm

to the OP: stay strong...find alternatives...there are some weird fruits and crap out there if you go to some of the crazy stores...not sure where you live though...but i can usually find some neat things to try that are different

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
I must be one of the only women alive that would gladly give you all of the Oreos and chocolate on earth for all of the chips, pretzels, etc. on earth.

I much prefer the salty to the sweet. Once on a blue moon I will crave something sweet... The rest of the time it's salty all the way.

Share the crusty marshmallows KJ... It's the right thing to do.

NOOOOOOOO! My birthdays next month! I look forward to my once a year Oreo cookie cake!

Hey... the emoticons are missing..

°o-O oh no!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Oh, I'd have some of that too! Watch your bag kanga...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

Same ...sweets do nothing for me but a bowl of salsa and some salty chips...mmmmmm

to the OP: stay strong...find alternatives...there are some weird fruits and crap out there if you go to some of the crazy stores...not sure where you live though...but i can usually find some neat things to try that are different

That's actually a good thing.. Salsa.
I replaced drowning my salads with dressings a couple years ago..
I use salsa..
Dropped 20 pounds..
It works!
:-)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I like that too...but - even that - gotta read the label...there's sugar in some salsas.

It's diabolical.

link   

I'd share with you KJ. My husband likes salty foods as well so we always have plenty.... As in a lot lol.

edit on 1/20/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

link   
Coming off carbs is extremely difficult, I swear when I am carb free my sense of smell becomes wolf like, I can literally smell carbs within a 3 mile radius

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

you are my people.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

I'm the same way with scotch :0

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
im not a woman or anything, but I think its safe to say keeping a good stock of fresh fruit (berries especially) is a good counter to the craving you have for the bad sugars. My kids eat bananas, tangerines, berries, on the regular with the occasional exotic (kiwi, cantaloupe, honeydew, dragon fruit, passion fruit, pomegranate, etc etc). I find bananas, berries and citrus are the easiest to keep in stock for the regular day to day. They are cheaper and plentiful. You can mix it up throughout the week by buying an odd random fruit that would not be as cost effective to keep stocked daily.

Its funny because my oldest son who just turned eight cannot be forced to drink a soda. He will refuse it every time. I even tried to bribe him once to test his limit, nope did not work.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

How I got myself off sugar is...instead I eat a serving of fruit...nature's desserts...and I drink a lot of water too.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Carbs make you happy and there are enough carbs in vegetables like lettuce to see you through.

I am on the same thing, though I DID stab my husband for the chocolate chip cookies he stash couple of nights ago. Jerk

My body has really struggled living in the states. Really struggled. I've even joined an expat site where we console each other over the food here. I have to be "that hipster" and go to the organic isle and get my veggies or I just am in pain. Processed food is the devil.

Salt is naughty too and is sugar and whites. Have become racist against white with our food.

Glass of warm lemon juice each morning is like a healthy punch in the ribs for your system.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

The only cure for a sugar jag (besides sugar) is a long jog or similar anaerobic activity.

Wish I had better news.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It is diabolical..
But it worked..
Key word in any diet...

"MODERATION" ..

But there are brands out there.
Pace pecante sauce is alright...
Chi Chi's brand has more sugar.
But I gave it a shot and went to the organic section... it was not bad.
After that. I started growing my own tomatoes, peppers, and chili's ... add olive oil and pack in some mason jars... bingo!
No more half gallon of ranch on my salad...
Add some Siracha sauce if needed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join