It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama --> 2015 State of the Union Address Tonight

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Just checking in to see if we still hate Obama.

1...2..34567...yep

Thought it was decent speech. A bit uplifting even.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Is it just me or does Boehner actually look a little evil.

Hes a freaking patsy, wolf in sheeps clothing.......i despise that guy......establishment GOP all the way

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

1...2..34567...yep

Just checking people still hate Bush after 15 years ?

Get back to us after 15 years, and check again.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I wonder how many of the promises will be kept. I am closely paying attention until the next SOTU. I don't need any more empty promises from any politician. There have been far to many of those over the years. I say that if the Democrats cure both types of diabetes and cancer that they will have the White House for 4 more years. That would be a huge boon to the economy that people that care about sick people will not forget. That's the only way they will win, so they better get busy quckly...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What a smug, arrogant man.

Arrogance personified. A despicable piece of personal character to posess; he should know better at his age.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

As he clearly said.

He's done campaigning !

LOOOL.

Doesn't matter if he delivers or not.

And it will be more like not.

Next SOTU he will just recycle this speech.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
As a new American I'm watching my first SoTU live.

Welcome Home Zazzafrazz - still the best place to call HOME in the World!

The fools and tools you see tonight (on both sides of the aisle) are not the people that make this country the best.

It is the people outside of the Beltway that matter.

Cheers on attaining your Citizenship.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Oh hi, Neo.

Naw, I don't waste emotion on hating or loving puppets or politicians or politician puppets or people. I save that for the system

And I do understand that in many cases people say Obama when they mean the Administration or the government, but sometimes the hate's a bit thick.

No worries.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

1...2..34567...yep

Sadly I'm leaving this thread, I'm not sure I like Obama, but the posts are so aggressive, I can't get my head around what he has said as nothing is discussed effectively here.

Nite.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I don't like Obama.

Mainly because he plays to the peoples ID.

Don't make any excuse for it.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee
I wonder how many of the promises will be kept. I am closely paying attention until the next SOTU. I don't need any more empty promises from any politician. There have been far to many of those over the years. I say that if the Democrats cure both types of diabetes and cancer that they will have the White House for 4 more years. That would be a huge boon to the economy that people that care about sick people will not forget. That's the only way they will win, so they better get busy quckly...

I remember when I used to have hope for our political system.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Stay Zazz and explain what your having trouble with.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Obama's speech was so bad, I bet Bush applauded the entire thing !!!

Obama will succeed in his destruction of the Democrat party.

$7.5 Trillion in Debt Added Under Obama

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

Come on. Be serious for a second here. He just got the biggest recorded laugh in the history of State of the Union Addresses.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 20-1-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Obama's speech was so bad, I bet Bush applauded the entire thing !!!

Obama will succeed in his destruction of the Democrat party.

$7.5 Trillion in Debt Added Under Obama

That 'free' community college is going to add trillions.

Just like the student loan debt has already added $1.2 trillion.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I don't like Obama.

You hide it well
I don't think anyone on ATS would ever have noticed.

Don't all pols play to ids? Thought that was in the job description....

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Obama's speech was so meaningless.

The GOP response just said they won't even address it !!!!!!

Sounds like the Lady Senator is actually making sensible points !!!!

Shock.

She's only a few minutes into it and already it's better entertainment.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Haven't read the thread yet, wanted to give some impressions first. Going in I had the feeling that this would be a historic speech, and Obama didn't disappoint. He laid out an economic recovery from a time of great depths, and tried to see America through to the next era. The speech seems to have introduced the defining phrase of the next few years, "The New Foundation". That the nation has been though 14 years of trauma and now had recovered enough to be able to publicly say it is on its feet and healthy again. Some good science and space exploration (and adventure) hope, a nice sense of humor, a few lies about how much America is containing the Mideast extremist nation forming in Iraq and Syria (at the same time asking Congress, who knew he was lying, to give him the authority to really do something about it), a full attempt at infrastructure repair and building (tossing in the controversial Pipeline as the trading piece for the Republicans to go along with an infrastructure plan), and, most importantly in some ways, tying this speech - which may become one of two or three defining speeches of his presidency - directly to his speech at the 2004 Democratic Convention in which a healing and uniting hand and heart were shown to the American people, in effect saying that he's been working off the ideals laid out in that speech ever since.

Those quick observations may duplicate some of what's been said here. I'll read the thread now, but wanted to give myself some space to draw out these conclusions without reading or seeing spoilers in any media.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
OK, I read the thread. Man, you guys are a tough house. I think Obama means well, and has done some really good things. Now if only America can hold him to this speech and the ideals he's laid out.

The thing about asking for approval for those two free years of community college (he's laying out his plan: community two-year colleges, not state university's or private colleges, and the student would have to maintain a passing grade and graduate on time or no more funding for that student) focuses on trying to up-educate a larger portion of the population and also give those who don't have the money to afford it a chance, a roll of the dice, a couple years of college on Uncle Sam's (meaning, the American citizens) dime if they can keep the grades up. Could be an expensive program, but one which will better the nation economically in the long run, and probably more than earn back the money spent on it. Maybe there'll be an Einstein or two coming out of it too, kids who can't afford school but really deserve to go. Bet some good ballplayers will come out of those two-year colleges too. And, bottom line, the best and semi-brightest of these two-year college can't-afford-to-go-and-wouldn't-make-it-any-other-way students will be offered scholarships, go on to the four year degree (with a percentage of them going further), and thus the nation will gain what these bright kids have to offer.
edit on 20-1-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join