It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Spy Ship Docked In Cuba on Eve of US/Cuba Talks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
a reply to: smurfy

Russia wasn't suspended from the G8 until March 2014 while the Ireland G8 meeting was in 2013.

Correct, I mixed it up with the Australian G20 conference, Mea Culpa.

The media dogma is the same though.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

President Barack Obama and other world leaders have decided to end Russia's role in the group of leading industrialized nations, the White House said Monday.

The move to suspend Russia's membership in the G8 is the latest direct response from major countries allied against Russia's annexation of Crimea.

Have you been under a rock for the last year? Russia is not only out of the G8, we are on the brink of WW3 with them.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: thesmokingman

It could just have been away to remind the U.S. that Russia still has strong economic ties with Cuba. Also a show of force that Russia has Cuba's back.

This is my opinion as well. Kind of a "F you" to Obama. Classic Putin

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky
a reply to: Alchemst7

The Seal with the listening device hung in the Ambassador's residence as well as in the Embassy...not the President's office!

Your absolutely right! Miss interpreted that.

What he said.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Well they could have also been watching the Navy s new Satellite going up as well from their position. Given its the best secure communication system we will be using for the foreseeable future they may want to track it. 3 down one to go, so the system can reach the entire earths surface that is. I would see them watching our military over anything some goofball politician says.

I am sure if they do not want Russia to hear the conversation they will find a way. A Raptor flying overhead jamming them while a few make high speed runs over their decks, that would be ideal lol. Better yet, Send an Aegis destroyer near by to harrass them like they do our ships.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: WeRpeons

It could just have been away to remind the U.S. that Russia still has strong economic ties with Cuba. Also a show of force that Russia has Cuba's back.

This is my opinion as well. Kind of a "F you" to Obama. Classic Putin

I really do not see a spy ship getting that done, seems more of a desperate move. You know, like when someone tries to stick his nose in to hear what you and your buddy are talking about. Like every other country who sided with the Warsaw Pact their country has suffered long and hard. Its about time they open up, be a normal Caribbean island and watch the money flow in.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Expat888

Wait...they wear bras?!?

Its where they keep their kgb i.d ..

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
a reply to: Shamrock6

Russian girls wear striped bras ..

Not all of them
edit on 21-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
...the russian ship captain had to give the crew something to keep occupied while he went ashore to get cigars .. otherwise theyd have all gone to the local bars to drink and sing russian songs ...

Just so long as they stay away from the resort I'm headed to shortly. It's bad enough with the Canadians, Germans and Brits! (oh my!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join