It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tax cut for the Middle Class.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Well this is great news.

Basically all they would be doing to take a small fraction of the raises they have been handed themselves for years.

Draining the Economy of flowing currency. Which forces prices to go up as demand increases well less and less people can afford the basic nessisties.

I think people like the koche brothers are the scum of the Earth.

If they were doing a service to the communities they set up wall-mart with then they wouldn't be pulling in record profits or cutting out american manfacturers opting for Chinese manufacturers, Drawing money out of the country and hording it in various banks around the world.

And the family who owns wall-mart (The Koche brothers) Are among the top 10 richest people in the world.

Yeah i think CEOs should be payed less. They did effectively give themselves something like a 24% raise in the last couple years. And keeping minimum pay at 10 dollars. Well they sell goods they purchased from chinese for pennies and sell them for dollars. They keep prices high, because they set the standard in the U.S. you could order many wall-mart items directly from china for clearance prices.

It might come from the wall-mart factories or an imitation factory but eithere way it's going to be about the same quality most of the time lol. Toys, Electronics ect.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Actually they can and did. In truth though they could had forced it through if they really wanted it. all i t would had took was 3/4ths majority to override a presidential veto try.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Like i understand making a living. But making your wages off of scamming people for profit is just a sick way to live.

These kinds of people don't even think what they are doing is wrong because they are protected by the police state.

They get away with murder and haneous crimes everyday, Mostly theft and bribary.

Even the *Honest* buisnesses try to goad more than a livable wage off customers. The Economy is becoming increasingly Greedy and isolated in Schemes in order to Horde profit.

There needs to be laws to prevent this because at anytime. These people who have been conning the public into their dollars can at any point take their funds and run out of the country. Taking your Resources and buying potencial with them.

And people are okay with this because of false hopes and dreams like * You can Reach this kind of Wealth too if you try, We live in a free country and anyone can become extremely Rich*

That may have been true 60 years ago if you happened to be marketing a revolutionary product sure. But let's be real here.

That's basically the only clinging vice of B.S for such a system. The truth is you can't become like them. Not without draining peoples pockets and becoming a true scammer like all these gluttoneous scum that walk around with their stolen wealth like it's the source of their Swagger.

I Loath people who take advantage of desperate people, Expecially if they call what they are doing an honest service. Making enough to survive and live comfortably is one thing. Trying to attain enough wealth so that a person can influence poltics by bribing elected officials, Well schemeing to destroy pillage and rob communities and landmasses for their Wealth.

I think people who have their hands on our basic nessisties of life need to be heavily regulated and have laws. If someone wants a monopoly on a particular service the the service should be owned publically and funded publically because we can't just hand power like that to someone who will get a profit incentive from being lead to run rampent without anyone to contain their plots for gouging people.

Many real buisnesses that honestly try to only make a living to get by are hit hard by those kinds of people economically.

It reduces buying power for small buisnesses and forces them to Raise prices in order to stay afloat. The prices are rising because the mega rich are not putting the money back into the economy. More money is being printed but less of it is in circulation. Many factors inflates currency, But when your industries are all gutting each other for cash well the mega industries funnel the money out of the country. It forces local manufactures to meet the insain demands. And wall mart in particular is really good at this. They are great are setting the prices constantly to a rate that will generate a profit based on the value of the dollar that particular week.

I could write a whole paper on this subject alone. Because it is the heart of the cancer of todays society.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Why doesn't anyone see this for what it is.

Dems nor Repubs give a damn about the middle class unless it comes to votes.

This tax proposal is just to gain favor and make the news come election time. It is almost guaranteed it will be shot down by the republican led congress but for the democrats it is ammo to use against the republicans come the next election.

You can expect to see a lot of legislation in the next few years being introduced by the Democrats which the public will get behind but because of party politics will not go through and the Dems know it. This is all about painting one party in a bad light so they can take back seats next election.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Welcome to Gridlock...

At least neither one of these groups of fools get their way.

We have too many laws. We don't need anymore.

Way to see the silver lining! LOL

Which would be the first law you would undo if you could undo a law?

The only thing I want to see is Term Limits.

We will never get anywhere with these Lifers.

I want term limits. However, term limits is just an admission that the vast majority of voters are stupid. Nothing is stopping voters from voting these idiots out of office. However, they elect the same buck dancing politicians every year. We get the government we elect, not the one we deserve.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It's also an issue peope have been protesting about for at least what i remeber 3 solid years of demonstrations.

They better do something before the public puts their heads on pikes and sets them in front of wall-street.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Dems nor Repubs give a damn about the middle class unless it comes to votes.

Oh I see it for what it is, and a slight correction to make.

There are only TWO things American's boil down to;

Votes,and TAXES!

Nothing beyond that.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Welcome to Gridlock...

At least neither one of these groups of fools get their way.

We have too many laws. We don't need anymore.

Way to see the silver lining! LOL

Which would be the first law you would undo if you could undo a law?

The only thing I want to see is Term Limits.

We will never get anywhere with these Lifers.

I want term limits. However, term limits is just an admission that the vast majority of voters are stupid. Nothing is stopping voters from voting these idiots out of office. However, they elect the same buck dancing politicians every year. We get the government we elect, not the one we deserve.

You are correct...

It drives me crazy. I don't have any answers.

I am so disappointed in my fellow citizens.

I never tell idiots to go vote. We need a test to drive a car.

If you can't name the Vice President...You should not be allowed to Vote.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Indigo5

The Dems only had both houses and the WH for a brief spell during 2009 n 2010..

Stop lying.

The Democrats held both the House ,and Senate from 2006-2010 then picked up the White House in 2008 then lost the Senate last year.

Uhh...not sure how to help you there? They picked up the White House in 2009, not 2008?

No they didn't have the house and Senate from 2006-2010? they didn't have the Senate until 2009 and the house until 2007?
www.infoplease.com...

Again...they only had technical majorities in both houses and the whitehouse for 2009 and part of 2010...and it was razor thin where the GOP successfully broke all historical records for filibuster.

This isn't an "opinion" debate or even a historical debate (it was just a few years ago)..the above is literal, verifiable reality.. don't know how to help you there.

Not sure how to respond to someone that angrily shouts 2+2=7!!

Maybe look it up?

Then you have to add to this that while they had any kind of majority the economy was in a free fall. You know the worst possible time to start cutting taxes.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Can this be done by executive order? LOL

Actually, I'd love to see a consumption tax and all loopholes for the rich go away. Ya know...if you got rid of their loopholes, you probably wouldn't even have to tax the rich more...they'd just pay their fair share.

So that's my dream for today.

I can't remember if I replied to your post already but I think it is important to mention to anyone who will listen.

A 'consumption tax', and I assume you mean a 'sales tax' is disproportionately hard on the middle and lower classes who use most, if not all, of their income to pay living expenses. They have little truly disposable income. Whereas the wealthier segment of society never spend in the same proportion to income or net worth. It seems fair but only in terms of absolute numbers and I repeatedly in regards to many 'money' issues have to point this fact out to people.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The tax would be lower though than the sales tax there is now, and there would be a ceiling to meet first to allow for NO tax on things like food and clothing and school supplies and a modest car. Anyone wanting to go beyond that pays more tax. I haven't worked it all out quite yet. But the flat tax, for whatever reason, just doesn't sit right with me. I just don't know why yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Double Think

~ the acceptance of or mental capacity to accept contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time, especially as a result of political indoctrination.

I watched the State of the Union Address last night and was shaking my head. It sounds like he cured cancer or something with that the bull# coming out of his mouth. I can manipulate any data to suit my agenda. I took statistical method also.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

American capitalism has failed the Middle Class. At this point, using the tax code to help put more money into the hands of the Middle Class is admirable....but, sadly, not sufficient. It took 40 years of propaganda by extremist right wing think tanks, organizations and media to convince (propaganda) Americans that they want to drown govt in a bathtub and privatize everything. It will take 40 more years to shake off this thinking.

Americans do not understand about resources (which includes the government!) the wealthy have available to help them and to help them earn more wealth. Instead, the fantasy is laid out that we are all the same and an attack on the wealthy is an attack on everyone. "You too can be rich like me!" is part of the fantasy. Noblesse oblige is dead.

The disposable income of the wealthy means you can buy a second or third or fourth or fifth home. The disposable income of the working person might mean a vacation at the beach, or increasingly so, going out for pizza and beer.

The only way to make capitalism work for all again is to change the narrative. We got this way because the narrative was changed 40 years ago. Playing with the tax code is not noble but is done because that is all that is left to do at this point. A sad commentary on how Americans view themselves. Time to tell a new story.

Aside from the resultant risk of financial collapse, the effect of so much in the hands of so few is also bad psychologically. People need to feel they earned that they have earned what they have, and develop theories about why they have so much when others do not. Bizzare and cruel explanations like Ayn Rand's psychopathic theories about "producers" and "parasites" take hold. Regular people become little more than commodities, blamed for their misery ("personal responsibility") as they become ever poorer.

Teddy Roosevelt, speaking to the educators about "False Standards Resulting From Swollen Fortunes," warned that while teachers believe their ideals to be worth sacrifice and so do non-renumerative work for the good of others, seeing great wealth makes people think that obtaining wealth is itself a lofty ideal,

"The chief harm done by men of swollen fortune to the community is not the harm that the demagogue is apt to depict as springing from their actions, but the effect that their success sets up a false standard, and serves as a bad example to the rest of us. If we do not ourselves attach an exaggerated importance to the rich man who is distinguished only by his riches, this rich man would have a most insignificant influence over us."

And we wonder why there's an inequality problem.

Time to change the story.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

...still doesn't offset the cost Obamacare has placed on the average middle class American family. This is like handing a single lollypop to a child you just beat the crap out of while stealing his full trick or treat bag. Any middle class voter who cheers the Democrats for this is suffering from some twisted form of electorial Stockholm Syndrome.

My medical went up about 5X in cost to around 5k per year, I was paying about 1k per year before Obamacare.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Things that forced Capitalism's failures are the culprits.

Usually never mentioned in long examples however.

Always cleverly omitted but emphasized on other points.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: desert

Things that forced Capitalism's failures are the culprits.

Usually never mentioned in long examples however.

Always cleverly omitted but emphasized on other points.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join