It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A tax cut for the Middle Class.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I agree it doesn't offset it but it would at least help.

Taking less of their money would help them no?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Can this be done by executive order? LOL

Actually, I'd love to see a consumption tax and all loopholes for the rich go away. Ya know...if you got rid of their loopholes, you probably wouldn't even have to tax the rich more...they'd just pay their fair share.

So that's my dream for today.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: tallcool1
That may be swell and all, but I haven't yet heard of a good argument against a flat tax percentage for everyone with zero deductions. Just for arguments sake, say we make it a flat 2% tax - by the very nature of a flat tax, the rich will pay far more than us poor people. If you make $50,000.00 per, your tax $1,000.00. If you make $50,000,000.00 per year, your tax is $1,000,000.00. I don't get how this would not be fair.

And maybe add in that if you earn less than say $50,000.00 per year as a family, you pay nothing.

Why are so many against a flat tax? I'm really asking. I don't understand how a flat tax with no loopholes would be unfair.

A flat tax is IMPOSSIBLE.

Our politicians fortune is based on favors for lobbyist money. 90% of those favors are based on tax breaks / changes for their perspective lobbyist (sometimes called corporate welfare).

If a flat tax were put in place. Politicians would loose 90% of their ability of corruption, thus negating most of their income.

The real power in Washington is the ability to distribute taxed monies out from their central power and control "who pays in" levels based on favors / donations.

Bingo! We have a winner. Flat tax won't happen because it will take away the ability of politicians to use the tax code to dole out favors. This is why our tax code is convoluted now.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
What economy? We live in an anti-economy. Debt is money. Money is debt. If the rich elite will be affected by tax breaks to the middle class, it won't happen. We should all be driving electric vehicles, but why aren't we? Fuel is a lucrative business. If I was a super rich elite earning butt loads of money from vehicles that used my fuel no way in heck would I allow electric cars to hit the roads. Okay so let's say this tax break happens. Guess who else knows this got passed? Corporations. More money in people's pockets means higher prices for everything. It's a give and take, this world we live in. They give us raises, they take it back through other means. A monetary economy isn't an economy at all. As American citizens we allowed this to happen and we settle for any glimmer of hope and run with it. This is the worst thing we have ever done; allow our lives to be controlled by pieces of paper. They are already considering taxing people who use solar panels....we find ways to earn more and save...and they find ways to take more...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

That may be swell and all, but I haven't yet heard of a good argument against a flat tax percentage for everyone with zero deductions. Just for arguments sake, say we make it a flat 2% tax - by the very nature of a flat tax, the rich will pay far more than us poor people. If you make $50,000.00 per, your tax $1,000.00. If you make $50,000,000.00 per year, your tax is $1,000,000.00. I don't get how this would not be fair.

And maybe add in that if you earn less than say $50,000.00 per year as a family, you pay nothing.

Why are so many against a flat tax? I'm really asking. I don't understand how a flat tax with no loopholes would be unfair.

A flat tax is IMPOSSIBLE.

Our politicians fortune is based on favors for lobbyist money. 90% of those favors are based on tax breaks / changes for their perspective lobbyist (sometimes called corporate welfare).

If a flat tax were put in place. Politicians would loose 90% of their ability of corruption, thus negating most of their income.

The real power in Washington is the ability to distribute taxed monies out from their central power and control "who pays in" levels based on favors / donations.

I was part of a discussion in another thread about eliminating campaign donations & to criminalize lobbying.
Much like a Flat Tax, this generation has no chance of seeing anything like this ever implemented; I can't even see how it could possibly be done without some sort of massive political revolution. A revolution that will no doubt result in enormous civilian casualty & country wide martial law. GG banksters.
The meek shall inherit the earth, indeed.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: FyreByrd

...still doesn't offset the cost Obamacare has placed on the average middle class American family. This is like handing a single lollypop to a child you just beat the crap out of while stealing his full trick or treat bag. Any middle class voter who cheers the Democrats for this is suffering from some twisted form of electorial Stockholm Syndrome.

One trick pony?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You can kiss every charity goodbye with that plan. Those contributions are tax deductible. That would also eliminate tax breaks like buying an electric car. But I like the idea, let's do it.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: InfinityandBeyond

Screw you! Those super rich elite are
JOB CREATORS & SINGLE HANDEDLY SPUR ECONOMIC GROWTH!

I mean, just look at how many numbers they have on their computer screen!

My loins are TREMBLING there's so much god# economic growth in the world.

Go go Petrodollar! I choose you!
edit on 20-1-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

Don't even take into account oppressive industries, just look at sports/movie stars making $20+million for 4-6 months of work (if not less) That's $264,000 a day, for the whole year. Think how much money is literally sitting in "bank accounts" around the world literally doing nothing? Why do entertainers even make so much?
It is truly staggering how the idolization & support of so many plebs can enrich/empower so few.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
Perfect timing, Guaranteed Fail.

O'bummer the phony.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

You can kiss every charity goodbye with that plan. Those contributions are tax deductible. That would also eliminate tax breaks like buying an electric car. But I like the idea, let's do it.

Try thinking outside the box; tax breaks wouldn't even exist as a definable term. People don't buy electric cars just for the tax break, & rich people will still be plenty rich & will donate to charities despite earning their money on the blood sweat & tears of others.
Maybe "charities" wouldnt even be necessary? At least not in the way they are now. Maybe everyone involved in a charity would see such a difference in their finances (& stress levels of worrying about taxes) that the charities would actually thrive. Maybe people who have been helped by a charity in the past would now be in a position to help that charity more.

Any possible outcome is better than the status quo, & that's a fact. The rich & super rich might disagree, but most of them have either accepted that time is running out either way or doesn't care about their children's generation because they'll be dead & never had to personally deal with the "dregs of society". The system may work well for some, but will end badly for everyone.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
One trick pony?

Please elucidate this comment.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Oh yea! The Liar in Chief is at it again and the the clueless brain-dead morons that continue to lap up their saviors words and buy into his freaking fakeness.

I can't wait for his idiot supporters who are saving for college find out that their 529 plans will be taxed at full rates now. Oh well, I guess they'll have enough to go to that two year free community college after this idiots administration rapes them once again and then blames others, which the morons will believe. Biggest POSUS eva!

I'm honestly so sick of moronic brain-dead kumbaya types. They don't have a cell in their head and OH MY FREAKIN GAWD! THEY'RE BREEDING!

edit on 20-1-2015 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I agree it doesn't offset it but it would at least help.

Taking less of their money would help them no?

...I refuse to fall all over myself in gratitude directed at thieves just because they chose not to steal as much from me.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Totally fair and I agree.
Just saying that his does might help a little which is a nice change of pace if it passes.
If being the key word.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Anyone who looks to the future & only sees things like money/school/career/family
is braindead imo.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Thats a lot of maybes.
And thinking that any possible outcome has to be better is laughable at best.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

To imply charities & electric cars solely exist because of tax breaks is laughable at best.

If convoluted tax code is what really gives lobbyists their power & corruption, then yes, any possible outcome from a flat tax would be better than the status quo. Feel free not to respond, we obviously live in different realities.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Your avatar is a puking unicorn, so yes we live in different realities. Heaven forbid we learn something from each other.

I was saying charities would take a beating without taxable deductions, I did not say they would not exist.
The tax system surely needs reform, but every action has a reaction and not all will be positive.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
For crying out loud.

I am sick, and tired of threads on middle class 'tax' cuts'.

Evil republicans this. Evil republicans that.

If the LEFT put their money where their mouth is they would ABOLISH the GD income tax all together.

Sick and tired of this class warfare bull snip.

You simply can not support Democrat plans, and still spout you believe in minority rights, or equality.

Abolish the income tax instead of just regurgitate the same crap over, and over again for 6 GD years.

Then fix the GD money.

Last time I checked we are all Americans here.

Rich, poor, middle.

Stop effing pitting one class against the other.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

You can kiss every charity goodbye with that plan. Those contributions are tax deductible. That would also eliminate tax breaks like buying an electric car.

Like I said, tax breaks wouldn't even be a definable term. People would find other reasons to do these things. I am hard pressed to see any downsides to a flat tax. People want to avoid taxes by keeping money overseas? Force them to expatriate. That would at least force our economy & world to at least move in a new direction of some sort. I stand by my belief that the status quo of economic materialistic slavery & unwarranted, uncontrolled wage disparity is evil & needs to be eliminated. Arguing that someone can make as much money as they want & do what they like with it doesn't make them any less of a slave, just a willing one.

Be glad you don't live in my reality, enlightenments a real b/tch.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join