It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They were never there: Russia's silence for families of troops killed in Ukraine

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

Did you know that Russia is a member of the UN? Apparently not.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

wow russia is a member of the UNITED NATIONS? whauuuuuit how cud that be?

crist do i really have to spoon feed people what im trying to say? fine, mostly the western members of the UN the ones that keep lying, keep invading countries, overthrowing governments, assassinating people on a whim, demonizing anyone who doesnt toe the line, keep bringing us ever closer to world war 3, and so on. though i didnt think i would have to outline that for anyone. any person could have caught my drift so to say. but i suppose i was wrong..
edit on 22-1-2015 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AVoiceOfReason

wow russia is a member of the UNITED NATIONS? whauuuuuit how cud that be?

crist do i really have to spoon feed people what im trying to say? fine, mostly the western members of the UN the ones that keep lying, keep invading countries, overthrowing governments, assassinating people on a whim, demonizing anyone who doesnt toe the line, keep bringing us ever closer to world war 3, and so on. though i didnt think i would have to outline that for anyone. any person could have caught my drift so to say. but i suppose i was wrong..

So, what you're saying is that when Russia invades Ukraine and annexes Crimea, assassinates its former president, chips Transniestria off Belarus, slices Abkhazia and South Ossetia off Georgia, pounds Chechniya to rubble it is being a western member of the UN?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

You link me to the Financial Times in order to refute my claim about Mihkail!?

What is the problem with that, as he was the richest Russian at one time so the Financial Times ran a story about him.

If you think of Mihkail as being one of the good guys standing up against that evil Putin,

If he wasn't Putin would not have had him arrested, he did because he knows the truth.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

sure. if that's how you want to put it. i never proclaim that Russia is without fault. but in many cases i can see why they do the things they do.

when Georgia attacks a Russian protected city and after the war NATO members are found among the dead it clears things up, although i think they went too far. many innocent Georgians were driven out of their homes.

Russia was invaded by the Chechen's. and even after all the war they have given the Chechen a great deal of help and funding to rebuild.

and Russia would not sit idly by as western interests backed a coup in Ukraine threatening not only Russian interests but even Russian speaking Ukrainians, or any Ukrainians that have sense enough not to side with neo nazis and western puppets.
edit on 22-1-2015 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The break away areas of South Ossetia and Abkhazia resulted in Georgian, Russian and Ossetia peacekeepers. Ossetian peacekeepers attacked Georgian forces who responded. Russia sent in non peace keeping forces to support the Russian backed separatists (is this sounding familiar to you yet?).

Russia used the pretext to invade Georgia and occupy those breakaway areas. Abkhazia and Ossetia have asked to be annexed by Russia even though Russia is the only nation who has recognized those areas as not belonging to Georgia. The remainder of the civilized world recognizes those areas as belonging to Georgia.

Russia is doing the same in Moldovan province of Transnistria. Russia has deployed "peacekeepers" and currently back the rebel government there.

Russia is doing the same in Ukraine, specifically Crimea (which is illegally occupied and was illegally annexed) as well as Luhansk and Donetsk. Where Russia has deployed its forces to back the pro Russian rebels.

Russia is doing the same in Armenia and Azerbaijan..

Russia wants to send "peacekeepers" to Armenia.
Russia wanted to send "peacekeepers" to the MH17 crash site (which would have been akin to having the SS investigate Auschwitz).

While you are certainly entitled to think what you wish, some of the comments you made are factually inaccurate.

edit on 22-1-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

no its not sounding familiar because that's not what happened. the Georgians attacked the citizens of ossetia. just because the Georgians lied about it doesn't mean that's what happened. talk about being fatally inaccurate. there is even video footage of the Georgians riding through Ossetia attacking civilians. there are many more videos of ACTUAL OSSETIAN CITIZENS telling what happened. if you want ill give you some links but it shouldn't be too hard to youtube "georgian war documentary". even the bbc did an honest documentary on it.

Stop saying Crimea was illegally occupied. its been legally occupied by Russian forces for years. America send peacekeepers all over the world. why shouldn't Russia be able to do the same?

and how is russia sending troops to mh17 like the SS investigating Auschwitz? what is the evidence either russia or the separatists shot it down? twitter posts? a tape of two men speaking that sounds way off to any normal conversation? a picture of a buk launcher? really dude?

well what about the twitter posts of Carlos the Spanish air tower controller who was working in keiv? what about the Ukrainian whistle blower that came out and said Ukraine shot it down? what about what the actual investigators have said about the wreckage? but no im sure you'll dismiss all the evidence against Ukraine as bunk since it doesn't fit the narrative that was shoved down your throat before any investigation was even conducted.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Crimeas MILITARY BASE was the ONLY allowwed presence according to treaties and agreements with ukraine of russian soldiers.

Also "th e spanish have said they have no recored of this "carlos" working there either.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Carlos, who couldn't work in the Kiev control tower, since he's a Spanish citizen, and only Ukrainian citizens can work ATC?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

why wouldn't a Spaniard be able to work in a Ukrainian atc?

this is beside the point anyway. the point is that someone sent out tweets that the Ukrainian military had take over their atc. and seeing as mh17 was flying hundreds of miles of course this seems to fit in.
edit on 23-1-2015 by AVoiceOfReason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Because under Ukrainian law only full Ukrainian citizens can work ATC position.

And the data from flight tracking sites, which take the information from the aircraft show it was on a straight line course for Donetsk from take off in Amsterdam. There were no course changes shown at any point. Which matches with previous flights.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

If there`s a cover up, they will say things like that, so claims made by the Ukrainians about that could be Political spin just as easy.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

im russian and im an american citizen. what makes you think carlos wasn't a Ukrainian citizen?

and that data isnt correct. they obviously would have changed the flight course is there was a #ing war brewing on the ground.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

semantics.

and when did the Spanish government comment on it? why would they even be asked about a guy working in another country?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

And I've seen references posted well before this that say the same thing. So they planned this years ago?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I haven`t seen them, care to share them with us ?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Because dual citizenship is different in the Ukraine.

The data is not wrong. Many flights were over Donetsk, before and after the shootdown. There were hundreds of flights over Donetsk in the weeks prior. It was up to each airline to change routes. The only restriction was below 32,000 feet where the airspace was closed.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I'll post them later when I'm not on my phone, and can get links. Most are PDF files which only download on my phone.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 23-1-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

and when did the Spanish government comment on it? why would they even be asked about a guy working in another country?

Right about the time they were asked...

Bennett has received confirmation from the Spanish embassy that "Carlos," a man who made similar claims during the Maidan protests, does not exist.

And here is their full reply...

Full reply from Spanish embassy to The Spain Report via e-mail on the existence of "Carlos, @spainbuca, the Spanish air traffic controller" in Ukraine:

"This is not the first time we have been asked about him. This "Carlos" was also active during the Maidán revolution in Ukraine.

We have no knowledge of "Carlos" having been in Ukraine. There is no record of his passing through the Consulate, and no one from the (relatively small) Spanish colony knows him.
The airport where he supposedly worked for several years told us at the time that all of their air traffic controllers are Ukranian, and that in any case they have never employed any Spaniard for that or any other task.

Furthermore, the last information he was posting before the airline tragedy was of the same sort. He was saying, for example, that he lived in Kiev and had been threatened by radical extreme-right elements. No Spaniard or national of another country—to my knowledge—has ever been threatened in this country."

pressimus.com...

They would be asked to verify that he was in fact who he said he was, and it seems that he wasn't.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join