It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They were never there: Russia's silence for families of troops killed in Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Do these Russian soldiers have family & friends in the separatist units in Ukraine...
Would that be enough reason for them to grab a gun & some ammo and join them regardless of whether orders were made...

I wouldn't doubt that a few Russians have joined the Separatists of their own free will. Just like Ukraine has some volunteers from the West. The question is how many real Russian volunteers? I can't imagine more than 100 going to fight for free in Ukraine. Fighting is dangerous and not too many people offer to die in a different country. It's an extreme sport kind of thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Has the Kremlin called yet? Just curious. I feel confident that they were hoping somebody from the interwebz would advise them on Ukraine.

You guys are too funny which is why I come to ATS

Why would Kremlin call, I am an American citizen, I didn't post my phone number, nor did I contact them.

I know some people have issue with Free Speech, and that's too bad.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TryAndStopTheFuture555
You are talking about information on ATS, I am talking about full out war.
Do you see the difference ?

Full out war in Ukraine would surely bring a heavy US and EU response. I would expect a full economic blockade while the combined armed forces of NATO are mobilized and shifted to the Russian boarder in many different areas. A demand to withdraw from Ukraine or be removed by force would be then issued.

I'm glad more rational people than you are running countries....

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

You guys are missing the point. Which is why you haven't been able to defeat Russia and never will.

It doesn't matter what the numbers are.

There is this thing in all slavic cultures but most especially Russian culture where numbers are irrelevant.

If Mother Russia asks for 1 million dead. Then 1 million will die to defend the country.

It is something westerners are going to figure out in the coming WW 3

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Full out war in Ukraine would surely bring a heavy US and EU response. I would expect a full economic blockade while the combined armed forces of NATO are mobilized and shifted to the Russian boarder in many different areas. A demand to withdraw from Ukraine or be removed by force would be then issued.

I'm glad more rational people than you are running countries....

hahah

Yeah, believe that if it makes you feel good.

Economic Blockade ??? - Do you honestly think you command Asia

NATO mobilizing ??? - I can't wait for you guys to collapse your debt economy and stock markets.

Demanding Russia leave eastern Ukrainians to be slaughtered ?? - You are dreaming.
edit on 20-1-2015 by TryAndStopTheFuture555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TryAndStopTheFuture555

Why wouldn't they call? You wanted somebody to send them your idea. Your idea is clearly solid gold. It stands to reason they'd want to know who the mastermind behind it was so they can ask questions and such.

And yea, one million would die for mother Russia. Whether they wanted to or not

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Funny...you're going on about being an American, but then refer to NATO as "you guys." And keep saying "you" when referring to America.

Curious that.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

And yea, one million would die for mother Russia. Whether they wanted to or not

How many do you think are going to die in western cities and US coastal cities ?

Considering US has more concentrated city population, how many will die ?

Will you survive ?

Hey why don't I ask you, how does your personal survival look like in WW3

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

That's why I focused on family and friends...

That would surpass monetary gain imo...

But you're also right they can't all be in the same boat.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Which is why you haven't been able to defeat Russia and never will.

Last time I checked we have never fought Russia.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Just another piece of disinformation.

US has been attacking Russia for the last 60 years at the least. Even Cuba Crisis was started by putting US missiles in Turkey.

What you meant to write is that US has yet to fight directly with Russia, that day is coming, soon.
edit on 20-1-2015 by TryAndStopTheFuture555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Which is why you haven't been able to defeat Russia and never will.

Shhh. Logic and rational thought have no place here.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

If it doesn't come from RT it's just Western Propaganda, Tsurfer2000h. Didn't you know that?

This should be interesting to see how this get's spun.

It already was by the guardian and you are lapping it up!

You do realize it is all propaganda right?
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago01America/Chicago131pmTuesday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

It already was by the guardian and you are lapping it up!

And you can prove it was?

You do realize it is all propaganda right?

Of course it is only propaganda when it goes against Russia, but when it goes for Russia it isn't...how does that work again?

You see the problem with that is that the guardian has been used for a source in a few other threads from some of your fellow pro Russians. So essentially what your saying is that since the guardian is nothing but propaganda those who use them as a source is just pushing BS...well now that is interesting.

Now prove it's nothing but propaganda.

Are you saying Russian soldiers aren't being sent to Ukraine?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So Ukraine did a very poor attack, got defeated and we get the same claim being made again by the Ukrainian army/Western Media.

It`s more interesting to talk about as to why the Ukrainians have done such a weak attack ?

Why send in small numbers of troops under false pretexts ?

Why such poor trained forces ?

Are they running out of service members who want to fight for them ?

Is this useless attack done to be able to keep Russia sanctioned ?

These attacks really don`t make much sense military wise...the only thing I can come up with they want to do the reverse tactic by drawing in the Separatists so they can be encircled like the Ukrainians were late August or they don`t have enough good soldiers to fight for them left anymore and needed a keep sanction excuse.

Ukrainian Colonel who got caught telling they were send under false pretext

DPR Prime Minister explaining about attacks with very poor soldiers

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

So Ukraine did a very poor attack, got defeated and we get the same claim being made again by the Ukrainian army/Western Media.

SO have you ever came up with any real evidence that the US has backed mercenaries in Ukraine, you know the ones Russian media says are there...and you want to say something about western media.

And where exactly did they get defeated?

It`s more interesting to talk about as to why the Ukrainians have done such a weak attack ?

SO your just going off on your own tangent here, because nothing in your post has anything to do with the topic of this thread.

You do understand this is about Russia lying about having troops in Ukraine...it has nothing to do with Ukraine losing a fight, or how poorly trained either side is.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

We saw the exact same thing late August coming in Western media when the Ukraine got defeated as it is now, so yes it`s tied to it because it`s a replay of back then.

And watch the videos about where attacks have been going on the last couple of days.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

We saw the exact same thing late August coming in Western media when the Ukraine got defeated as it is now, so yes it`s tied to it because it`s a replay of back then.

And yet it was true then and just as true now...or do you forget the fact that Russian paratroopers were caught over 30 miles inside Ukraine.

And yet the mothers of dead soldiers want answers and you think it is just western propaganda...show anything that backs your claims, or are you saying that these mothers aren't real and Russian soldiers aren't dying in Ukraine?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm glad the Geneva Convention bans exactly what those 2 videos are. It's too bad that any repercussions for doing that will be far down the road. I do hope the Separatist leader faces justice for his actions.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Ive heard people say that the russian troops being " forced" or "disgruntled". They would be fighting to protect civilians and keep pro west troops out of e. Ukranie. I would image that the russian troops would be more motivated than u,s. Troops in iraq or afganistan.

And why wouldnt russia send troops?
And why does the west get upset? America throws it military all over the globe..to fight terrorism....not some force on thier doorstep.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join