It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLK Apparently Not Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

were total morons

We're.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Kimmel is always clowning.

Great topic here.

edit on 20-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
'Only in America' is so true in this case !
2nd

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I'm sure we'll see a lot more of this ignorance in the very near future. If students continue to become apathetic towards educating themselves, this country will have droves of incompetent zombies roaming the hillsides.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well, Jimmy Kimmel went on the Eric Andre Show and didn't freak out, so he's cool. Dr. King went on the Eric Andre show too, just last week, but Hannibal rattled him by bringing out Mohandas Gandhi, who King hadn't seen in a couple of years.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: jude11

I'm sure we'll see a lot more of this ignorance in the very near future. If students continue to become apathetic towards educating themselves, this country will have droves of incompetent zombies roaming the hillsides.

The future?

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Nah i stick to sheeple. I consider myself a wolf. Not feeling better then others but just smarter.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annunak1
a reply to: DrumsRfun
Not feeling better then others but just smarter.

*than

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Not to sound xenophobic...

But could this happen anywhere other than The States?

Don't flame me please, I love you all.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Annunak1

Very laughable.
So you are a wolf who is smarter than everyone else?
Hilarious.
A high horse is something you might ride on a daily basis.

MLK is not alive and neither is Elvis in case anyone was wondering.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Sure it could.

It's all about how the question is presented.
They are being told this event happened and put on the spot to answer it.

Yes you should be able to withstand the coaching in this circumstance especially given the day but I think all countries have people can be tricked when that is the goal.

We are just as smart and just dumb as everyone else in this world.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah it was only banter Sremmos I think it can be expected with such a large population.

Haven't seen it either just yet, so I didn't see if it was trickery.

Also came to mind that it could have been staged but as I say I haven't seen it yet.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Probably an attempt at a joke, but I think the chances of Dr. King still being alive are quite slim. I think that it would be against his nature to just disappear. I think he would have continued to fight in the spotlight, and could not have just disappeared and lived with himself afterward. The only reason he might have wanted to disappear was because the FBI was seriously trying to do away with him. They actually were attempting to drive him to suicide, and it is quite possible that they had something to do with his death. At the very least they did nothing to stop it. I mean King was under surveillance 24/7. So it is extremely unlikely that he would have faked his own death.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Well the question presented is "What did you think of MLK jr's speach this morning"
Paraphrased but pretty close.

IMO that is coaching to get the response you want, which is them to respond as if he is since that is how the question is presented.

And ya I know you were only joking, I should have put some emojis in

edit on thTue, 20 Jan 2015 17:04:44 -0600America/Chicago120154480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I will say that the Young guy, (item number three) wasn't so soft, and played it like he was given, could even have been sarcastic. As for the TV sketch, not that funny, clipped and contrived.
On the other hand, no interviewee said that MLK was shot and killed a long time ago, and neither did Jimmy 'Riddle'.
So MLK lives.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yes, Sremmos, I think you have it here. In our media intoxicated society the very suggestion that "I" might be on TV is enough to fry the brains of many of us. Push that microphone in our faces and much of what we are thinking has noting to do with the questions asked but more with how is my hair, and gee, I wish i would have worn something different today and I can't wait to tell my posse I'm gonna be on TV.

I'm willing to bet that if under these circumstances if the film crew and mic guy asked if guy on the street had sampled the latest delivery of green cheese just in from Luna they would have asked where they could get some.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Sure it could.

It's all about how the question is presented.
They are being told this event happened and put on the spot to answer it.

Yes you should be able to withstand the coaching in this circumstance especially given the day but I think all countries have people can be tricked when that is the goal.

We are just as smart and just dumb as everyone else in this world.

If someone walked up to me on the street and asked if I seen Elvis on Oprah last night...

Nah, can't myself being coached into it.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's one I saw this morning on YT

First black man on the moon errrr....

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Not to sound xenophobic...

But could this happen anywhere other than The States?

Don't flame me please, I love you all.

Actually, you might be surprised at how gullible some Asian Countries are with this sort of thing. Trusting is the argument tho.

When out partying with Koreans in SK I would often point to one of their famous SOJU models on the walls of bars (posters) everywhere and say..."That's my ex". Most times met with..."REALLY?"

Gullible? Trusting?

But to think an American icon is walking the streets after his Death 40+ yrs later? I say just plain ignorant.

Peace

edit on 20-1-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Or it shows how easily people can be coached.
Also the fear of be recorded for missing an event that you probably should have watched.

It is really sad, to be able to be coached into saying you watched something by a man you should know has been long dead.

Coached into stupidity?

Of course it couldn't be their fault for just being stupid. There always has to be somebody else to blame.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join