It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Why do female athletes wear skimpy clothing?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:26 AM
The women who wear revealing clothing do it for a number of reasons. To fit in, everyone else does it. To get attention. Women love to show off anything sexy they have. To compete with other women. A woman wants to be sexy, and will try to out-sexy other women. Not all women are like this.

This comes from personal experience, as I have a beautiful and very sexy wife. People, both men and women constantly hit on her. She's the type that makes any clothing look sexy.

Men want to look and feel sexy too. But the perception of male sexiness is different in the eyes of a woman. Many times less is more with them, and they look at other things.

All of these pictures in the thread I don't think adds up to the beauty of my wife though. They'd all probably just be jealous.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:45 AM
a reply to: chrismarco I can not believe that a couple of ounces of cloth would make up for any kind of advantage. Especially in the track and field events. Now look at female swimmers they where full body suits because the material used creates less drag in the water. That creates a faster time.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:00 AM

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Of course, in the original Olympics they were (and were all men).

And Gymnasium/Gymnastics derives from the Greek gymnós meaning naked ...

Though I can see an advantage to men wearing jockstraps
Lol, wrestling would be dangerous [shudders]

Could it get any worse.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:07 AM
a reply to: iNobody

Your totally right.

You cannot fight thousands of years of evolution. Its in built.

They look great.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:58 AM
a reply to: grainofsand

Great post, now you get it.

I should have added you train in what you wear at the event. If I was in Sweden I wouldn't be training in a crop top that's for sure. I need gloves and knee guards to prevent injury in colder weather due to poor circulation in those areas, so can run far in more in those cases.

There's also the fact that the more at home, comfortable and confident you feel will help to increase performance and injury - while men can seriously benefit from compression style clothing, females generally lack the muscle mass for it to be worthwhile.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>