It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do female athletes wear skimpy clothing?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Because they would look bloody stupid running in a duffel coat.

In Fact, Maybe we should have a Duffel coat Olympics. I would pay good money to see the hundred meters butterfly in Duffel coat and Wellingtons.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Thats the one.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: grainofsand

In my opinion they are more hot then men.
Anyone seen the video of the aussie hurdler?.

That was what I posted a couple posts up......Michelle Janneke.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Anyone seen the video of the aussie hurdler?

I'm up to twelve views.

I'm getting tired.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Haha I'm damning this thread right now cuz I'm lost in "shirtless men of the NFL."

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Does that have the bonus cheerleaders DVD?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

She was in an episode of top gear.
Such a happy soul it shines through.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Such a happy soul it shines through.

Yes, of course. I love her soul.

Especially when she shakes it.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I didn't notice LOL

But just for you...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Oooooooh.

My review of that video:

I was interested. More interested. Even more interested. Veeeeerryy interested.

Not so interested.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Well they look a lot better than if they were wearing Burqa's, and I don't think that wearing what amounts to a non skimpy bathing suit counts as scanty. I wore far less when I was younger. Don't like any clothing nazi's. Real Hippy here!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

How can you leave off volleyball shorts?
Get with it man!

Don't forget tennis skirts!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I think there were some words your post, but I can't be sure! But yes to whatever you said!

This thread is really picking up now! What were we talking about?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Now i know why Hand Egg is so popular in the states. tell me, what chance does a 40 something year old Scotsman have of successfully auditioning for a gig like that. ?....AH..AH AH...Just pulled a Hammy.

edit on 20-1-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It is all about maneuverability. You would not go out to run in pants for instance, as that is just more weight, more stuff in the way, more resistance, etc. Personally I do not think this is objectifying women at all. I also think that if someone finds this offensive that the problem lies with them, not with what the women are wearing. These women are not exposing anything, and it is just the human body. We all know the anatomy of males and females, and should be mature enough to view such things accordingly, instead of getting offended or viewing it as inappropriate. It would only be inappropriate if they were exposing parts of their body that goes beyond the bounds of modesty and decency...And if their upstairs and downstairs are covered, there should not be a problem. Females have breasts, and modesty requires that they be covered. The reason that men wear actual jerseys or shirts and women do not is because the material that the women use must be sturdier, so the girls don't go bouncing all over the place.

Again, anatomy. Men don't have this problem, therefore they can wear looser and thinner material. That is my take on it anyway, and I think there are many more immodest things to be upset about, including some of the sexually provocative commercials all over the television. I do not think it is acceptable to advertise male enhancement drugs, phone sex, etc. during commercials. You can control the programs your children watch, but nobody ever thinks about the commercials. We view this as social advancement or progress, but children should not be exposed to these things. But the clothing women are wearing in sporting events is fine, because it is not sexually provocative. The women are not behaving in a sexually provocative manner, unlike many of the commercials on television, or even print ads, pop up ads online, etc...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
As a male athlete, the less you wear/more tight fitting - the faster you perform, avoid friction burn and cool down/recover quicker.

Most if not all male athletes also wear as little as possible with tight fitting clothes to avoid rubbing sores - I do Ice races in skin tops and speedos to keep clothing levels to a bare minimum to avoid chaffing/hypothermia. I doubt most could give a rats arse about what men think of what they're wearing - part from a significant number in gyms of course, but that goes both ways.

edit on 20-1-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Hahahaha@hand egg!!!! That took me a second.
Forty-somethings are the sexiest-somethings, imo. However, hand egg can be a very rough sport!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am here to support my beloved sisters and if my beloved sisters wanna strut around NAKED, I SUPPORT THEM!!! Skimpy? MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! BIZZY BODY! MY SISTERS NEED TO BE FREE, FREE, I TELL YOU!! So slip into or out of what's comfortable my sister. You rock on!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
MAN, WOMEN ARE SOOO AWESOME!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Because due to sexually repressed religious nuts athletes must be clothed .. unlike back in ancient times when athletes competed naked .. bring back the ancient way of competing ...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join