It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British mum who fled to join ISIS may be sent BACK to Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
She needs to stay there! You made your bed, Now lie in it. a reply to: EnigmaAgent

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Prosecuting these people will be a waste of resources and money, They should stay and rot in these hostile environments that they made the stupid decision to go to. a reply to: alldaylong

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

"She told The Sun: 'I hated it. I tried to escape within a few days of getting there. It wasn't what I thought it would be. 'Life is so hard there. There's no hot water, no electricity for hours on end, none of the comforts we are used to in Britain. 'I escaped death so many times. There were bombs coming down on the street where I lived every night. The house would shake. I didn't know if I was going to live or die.' "

What, exactly, did she expect?

She has to be one of the dumbest human beings on Earth. Take her kid back to the UK and deliver her back to IS so she can see how well they treat women who disobey them.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Good .. she made the choice she can live with the consequences of her choice ... they should strip the citizenship from everyone who goes to join IS ...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CX
Doubt she'll be sent back. It will be against her human rights or something for fear of what will happen to her.

That's the UK for you......you couldn't make it up.

CX.
This will be the death of us all. Drastic Times calls for Drastic measures, I just don't see the reason why anyone who is lured into fighting with terrorists is allowed to come back and rejoin society or wasting money prosecuting them....Unless they are using them as a means of intelligence, like monitoring their activities after they come back to catch more terrorists.

I personally think you have to be a sinister person to begin with to want to align yourself with these terrorist groups people that are so unbelievable violent. I get sickened when I hear people referring to these recruits as being vulnerable and sympathetic to the muslim people and their plight, as if they are innocent victims being brainwashed and lured into these situations. GIVE ME A BREAK. They are probably all losers with existing criminal backgrounds, future serial killers who have been dreaming of inflicting violence on other people. They see this as the perfect opportunity to go off and commit these vile atrocious acts without any repercussions. SICKENING!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Bring her back and, unless ISIS pays $400 million to the British, tell the ISIS rabble-rousers they'll feed her and her baby (toasted) bacon and cheese sandwiches for a week.
edit on 20/1/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Screw her send her back to rot.

We dont need scum like her in the UK.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
They should give her a prosthetic leg and send her back!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

She went out there of her own free will, knowing what she was walking in to.

I don't want her back in my country and I'm sure a whole host of others feel the same way.

The kid is a victim of its mothers stupidity. He should be allowed to return to the UK and remain with family.

I think she should be sent to another country. like switzerland since they are neutral in everything or so i hear. BUT under surveillance and be forced to wear a ankle monitor for the rest of her life. If they send her back to Syria they will disembowel her its essentially a death sentence.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
She forego he right to any sort of compassion the minute she left this country and signed up to join IS.

Turkey should do as Turkey see's fit and send her back whence she came.

Under no circumstances should she be allowed to return here.

As for the boy - my heart truly bleeds.
The options are to separate him from his mother and then raise him in a country that he will know willingly sent her back to her probable death or send him back with her in the knowledge of what that entails.

Either way what chance will that child have in its future life?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Welll the child needs a mother in its life. So make her return conditional. I thought we were all to be forgiving of others right? One time ok. y a made a mistake,and learned, 2 times then its punishment time.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
I'm usually a massive lefty pro-asylum seeker but in this case good riddance.

It's not Asylum when she chose to go there. I am all for asylum.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Quite simply, if you join an organisation that your country is at war with then you are an enemy to your former country.

You have no right to return to your former country of origin. You gave up your rights of citizenship including the right to legal representation. If you do in fact attempt to cross the border then you should be hanged as an enemy combatant!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Welll the child needs a mother in its life.

Most definitely - in an ideal world.....but what about all those children in Syria and Iraq who are without mothers as a direct result of IS and their barbarity?

So make her return conditional.

What conditions?
She committed treason and deliberately took her child into a war zone, hardly the actions of a responsible mother.
And do other criminals receive special conditions just because they are mothers?

I do understand the point you are making.
But are we to take the risk that she isn't in fact returning simply to recruit more people for IS or to plan some sort of attack over here?

I thought we were all to be forgiving of others right?

I don't know, are we?
Why?

One time ok. y a made a mistake,and learned, 2 times then its punishment time.

Sorry, she deserves some sort of punishment regardless.
We can not set the precedent of letting returning jihadi's go free without any sort of punishment.

But again, after saying all that - what chance has that child got?

I do understand your point about forgiveness etc and a child's need for its mother....but there are other considerations.

Not an easy decision to make.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

So being a mother gives you a blank check to break the law?

Take the child away and give it to a family that will raise it right.

There is no way in hell the traitorous bitch is in any way capable of being a good mother anyway. She is a right off.

There are a few crime were there should be no forgiveness or secound chances.

Premeditated murder.
Pedophilia
Serial Rape
Committing a terrorist act or Joining a known terrorist organization.

No parole and no second chances for the above EVER IMHO.
edit on 21-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Usually i would be all for the rights of the child here but i am not really so sure. Do we allow the child to return to UK family? Bearing in in mind the mother came from the same family and ended up as a Jihadist...

As to her, sod her. She made her bed, now its time to lie in it.......

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Yes, except not his biological mother,
the world is full of good women who would be
more than happy to raise the child as their own and give the boy a good loving home.
edit on 21-1-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
Usually i would be all for the rights of the child here but i am not really so sure. Do we allow the child to return to UK family? Bearing in in mind the mother came from the same family and ended up as a Jihadist...

As to her, sod her. She made her bed, now its time to lie in it.......

The child is very young.

Id take it away from her and the family and place it with a unconnected caring family. There are plenty of childless couples wanting to adopt.
edit on 21-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LionOfGOD

originally posted by: yuppa

Yes, except not his biological mother,
the world is full of good women who would be
more than happy to raise the child as their own and give the boy a good loving home.

Exactly.

Im not a a great fan of social services and think they can be to heavy handed sometimes.

But this is a case they were formed to deal with. Without a doubt the mother is unfit for purpose and the child needs adopting.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That would certainly be a much better option in my eyes. The child can't pick its parents or family so shouldn't be made to suffer.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join