It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British mum who fled to join ISIS may be sent BACK to Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Tareena Shakil: British mum who fled to join ISIS may be sent BACK to Syria

The 25-year-old claims she fled from her jihadist base over the border to Turkey when IS militants tried to force her to marry a one-legged fighter.

The young British mum who went to Syria with her toddler son to join Islamic State terrorists may not be allowed to return to the UK, her family has been warned.

Tareena Shakil, 25, claims she fled from her jihadist base over the border to Turkey when IS militants tried to force her to marry a one-legged fighter.

But now she faces a fight to return to Britain with her 16-month-old son Zaheem – because Turkish authorities might send her BACK to Syria.

A Foreign Office source said: “It’s not impossible that this could happen. They are on the front line of the war with IS and will have little sympathy towards her.”

www.mirror.co.uk...

IMO her son should be taken away from her and she can rot in Syria.

EDIT: For some reason my external content pasting wont work.

edit on Wed Jan 21 2015 by Jbird because: ex tags

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

She made her bed now she can lie in it.
If she returns do her for treason against the united kingdom.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
She made her bed now she can lay in it. Like you said save the son though.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Damn you boy monkey! you beat me to the punch. Though I think you're grammar is better lol

edit on 20-1-2015 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaAgent

IMO her son should be taken away from her and she can rot in Syria.

And when her son grows up...???

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I suppose returning her son back to his immediate family in the UK is a better option. But she can rot as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
just put her down

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

If she did return to The U.K. she should be prosecuted for taking her child into a war zone.
Unfit mother comes to mind.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I've never understood why countries let any of the people who've gone there return. IMO, anyone who travels to that region should be given a one-way trip. Period.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I think she shouldn't be allowed back and as for the son, I dunno, he could grow up resenting the UK for not allowing his Mother back and that could spell 'future terrorist'.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
she took her 16 month old son to syria!

so she could join isis!

Every cloud......

IS militants tried to force her to marry a one-legged fighter.

Bring the child home to the family, and send the mother back to syria to marry the one legged fighter or just send her back to syria so she can explain why she bolted on them.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The U.K. would be crazy to let her come back, she only wants to come back so she can blow something up in the U.K.
She knew exactly what she getting into when she went there it isn`t any secret the terrorist thing has been all over the news for 15 years.
The only way to ensure the safety of the people of the U.K. would be to put her prison for the rest of her life when she returns, but why should the people have to pay to keep her in prison.It would best to err on the side of caution and not let her come back.no doubt she is a full blown brainwashed terrorist now and will blow something up if she is allowed to come back.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
One word reply;

Haha

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
forgive me and shame on me but this is a quote from the daily mail who are quoting the sun

"She told The Sun: 'I hated it. I tried to escape within a few days of getting there. It wasn't what I thought it would be. 'Life is so hard there. There's no hot water, no electricity for hours on end, none of the comforts we are used to in Britain. 'I escaped death so many times. There were bombs coming down on the street where I lived every night. The house would shake. I didn't know if I was going to live or die.' "

www.dailymail.co.uk... SIS-stronghold-Raqqa.html

My comments are the same as your thoughts while reading what she said.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

They may have little sympathy for her...but what about her innocent 16 month old child...who has had no choice in all of this? It is very upsetting to me what this Mother is doing to her child.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

it's one thing to be passionate about a cause and following it. i don't see anything wrong with supporting a cause even if it puts you in harms way. that is how it is sometimes. but, it's quite another story to put another person in harms way. a person who has no voice or say in the matter. the child is at the mercy of a group of strangers. i wish them all the luck in the world they will need it.

as for letting her back in the country? i say she should not be allowed back in. she made her choice she will have to follow that through too. the child should be able to go back to its father in the U.K.

my 2cents for what its worth

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

What!!! She took her baby with her when she decided to leap off with isis so she doesn't get back here again because she can't be trusted. None of them who went to train and fight for isis are trustworthy to live in any western country.

She made her decision and why should she be allowed back or even to send her baby back here for the tax payer to pay for it. So what if its an innocent child we all know that - but somewhere along the line she has to take responsibility for decision. If she doesn't want an isis husband with one leg then she should look around again. I have no sympathy and don't want her back in this country because we don't know what she has been up to with isis do we and she could well have committed a number of war crimes? (they can't all be florence nightingales for isis).

CX

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Doubt she'll be sent back. It will be against her human rights or something for fear of what will happen to her.

That's the UK for you......you couldn't make it up.

CX.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm usually a massive lefty pro-asylum seeker but in this case good riddance.

She chose to side with a sworn enemy of the UK, who killed British hostages and go against all British or civilised values.

Her son should be granted return but she can rot there - allowing her to return would be a very dangerous precedent and could easily be used as a right to return for sleeper cells and the like.

I thought the UK had already banned known ISIS fighters from returning anyway by revoking passports a few months back?

a reply to: CX

Hopefully they'll bar that by the right to life of UK citizens. her reasons forgoing home seem entirely about not liking the conditions and show no repentance or mention of no longer being a radical. (could be a suicide bomb plot for all we know)

HOWEVER, the scariest thing in the article is the Foreign Minister is discussing about IF it's blocked (as if the opportunity to return is still there) instead of outright saying 'she's a member of a terrorist medieval cult far more barbaric than any other group in the world - she's having a laugh if she thinks we'll let her back in' which is what I'd like him to have said.
edit on 20-1-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

She went out there of her own free will, knowing what she was walking in to.

I don't want her back in my country and I'm sure a whole host of others feel the same way.

The kid is a victim of its mothers stupidity. He should be allowed to return to the UK and remain with family.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join