It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Packers Fan Who Went to Seahawks Game Wrote About His Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This is a beautiful story I wanted to share with my friends on ATS. I was truly touched by this letter posted on Craigslist to the people of Seattle.

I hope you take the time to read it and enjoy it as I did.

www.theblaze.com...

edit on 2015/1/20 by Metallicus because: Link

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So many people on this website hate sports and the distraction from the "real" problems of the country.
This is the positive side of sports that they refuse to acknowledge, probably because they were beat up in school by football players.
I coach girls softball and I have had parents and kids thank me for the things I teach the kids that have nothing to do with softball. That is the stuff that makes me proud, not wins and losses.
The kids in this story will never forget what happened at the game but they will forget the score.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

I also coach girls Softball. Most of these girls won't play after high school, but what we are able to teach them about good sportsmanship and positive attitudes will be there for a lifetime.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
So many people on this website hate sports and the distraction from the "real" problems of the country.
This is the positive side of sports that they refuse to acknowledge, probably because they were beat up in school by football players.
I coach girls softball and I have had parents and kids thank me for the things I teach the kids that have nothing to do with softball. That is the stuff that makes me proud, not wins and losses.
The kids in this story will never forget what happened at the game but they will forget the score.

A great coach not only shows you how to win in sports, but how to win in life.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm not buying it...I know I sound like a complete douche...I hope it's true but I'm thinking it's not...sorry...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What a wonderful story....humanity could learn a thing or two from those young and wise people.

new topics

top topics

join