It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Terror Attack Alert In Indonesia.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Grenade found in Jakarta Hilton car park.

Police say a sweeper has found a grenade in the parking lot of the heavily guarded Hilton hotel in Jakarta, just days after warnings that militants might attack one of the three Hiltons in Indonesia.

"It's about the size of a fist, it has been taken away," Jakarta police spokesman Tjiptono said.

Another officer says the bomb squad are examining the device, which he calls a pineapple grenade.

Emeraldo Parengkuan, public relations director at the Jakarta Hilton, says a staff member found a suspicious package wrapped in a can.

The discovery follows warnings from Western governments led by Australia, that militants might target an international hotel in the world's most populous Muslim nation during the Christmas and New Year period, particularly one of the Hiltons.

www.abc.net.au...
www.news.com.au...

Sanc'.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I've seen Indonesia mentioned in some of the Jihad forums in recent weeks but didn't really pay to much attention to it.

I just watched a video posted on one of those sites after reading this thread and it sure seems like they are looking to fight there.

Here's the video:
**very graphic images**
Indonesia in the crusaders net, (Arabic with English subtitles).rm

It seems to call for people to assist with weapons and money.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Well I find it a bit co-incidental that these travel warnings come straight after Indonesia tells Howard that increasing it's "terror zones" into Indonesian waters is unacceptable.

What better way could Winston get back at them than to issue a terror warning when Ind. relies on tourism and it's only just getting back to how it was before the Bali bombing.

Howard is not liked in Indonesia. Just look at how the last leader(Megawatti something?) woudn't return his phone calls or "couldn't" make time to see him even though he was in the country.

Now we have a new leader in Ind. who was the "preferred" choice by Howard/Bush but has already dug his heels in and told Johnny that he is not going to take any crap.

Howard better realise that we can't afford to be going around stirring up unrest in Asia cause U.S is already overstretched with the "Holy War" and are in no position to protect us. I seriously doubt we can even protect ourselves with the money we spend on defence. I'd be all to happy shooting "invaders" but I had to hand in all my BIG guns and all I was allowed to keep was a "Pea Shooter."

Remember back a few months when "Downer" said Aus. would pre-emptively strike agianst other nations if they couldn't/wouldn't address terrorist actions against Aus. citizens? Now Howard is buying long range missiles(from U.S of course) for pre-emptive strikes is South East Asia. This is like a huge red flag. We have a population of 20 mill. verse Ind. population of 250 mill. We will lose.

All I hear is people saying how Ind. could never invade. This is lunacy!! Our enemies(if they choose to be) are already here in large numbers.We are the "multicultural experiment" of the free world to see if nationalities can live together in peace. Australia is a testament that world peace can be achieved. Races from all over the world live here and get along without drama.

This is why I believe Howard never declared "War on Terror" and merely said he was assisting U.S because if he actually had of taken us to war, we would have had to lock up a huge proportion of our population.

So since we are not at "war" on terror, let the Indonesians handle their end of things. If we don't, we might find ourselves fighting a new war right here at home.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Further,

A hand grenade has been found in the grounds of Jakarta's Hilton hotel, after last week's warnings that extremists were planning to attack the chain's Indonesian hotels.

A local police official said the grenade was discovered inside a rusty tin by a gardener working outside the Hilton, and was later retrieved by a police bomb squad alerted by the hotel's security.

Article

Maybe due to increased security the authorities are finding explosives that were already in place before the alert was issued. A grenade could easily have secreted within the 'area' months before by terrorists, 'dead drop' style.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Travel warning prompts Qantas crew changes.

The Sydney-to-Jakarta flight will now land in Darwin to change cabin crew, rather than fly directly to Jakarta where crew are normally accommodated.

www.abc.net.au...

I wonder if new cabin crew include air marshals?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Norah Jones cancels Indonesian concert after terror warnings.

US jazz singer Norah Jones has became the latest in a string of performers to cancel a concert in Indonesia after foreign governments warned of an imminent attack by extremists.

Jones, whose 2002 album "Come Away With Me" won eight Grammy awards, was scheduled to play in Jakarta on March 1 2005, but scrapped her appearance without giving any reason, concert organisers Java Musikindo said in a press release.

www.abc.net.au..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Article

top topics

<< 1   >>

join