It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City of Paris to sue Fox News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
About time someone takes Faux News to task for spreading misinformation and tabloid-level stories as "news".

Hey! Faux! Thats French! You so funny!!!

link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

This is a useless lawsuit fox apologized for their screw up, not sure what Paris thinks will happen?

And this law suit is probably the ONLY reason they offerred up that apology. Hell, retractions are almost non-existent on Fox, much less apologies.

Not only that, but I doubt their "right to lie" to the public, as established by the American courts, will hold up in Paris.

I hope France sues the pants off of Fox News, they need to pay for the garbage their spreading.

link   
a reply to: Jamie1

The State suing the press IS anti-American.

France suing Fox news is just good, clean fun

:-)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
To all those who are for this what do you think you guys will accomplish with this lawsuit?

No matter the outcome, all news agencies are always going to exaggerate a story for their personal agendas.

The fake outrage is getting old.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
lol! How ironic! Right in the middle of their big proclamations about freedom of expression and of the press, with the Charlie Hebdo thing!

There is freedom of expression and then there is useing a media outlet to spred out right lies and bull crap.

Thats is why its a civil case not a criminal case.

If like if I went round spreding lies you were a pedo you could sue me for defamation.

Free speach does not mean the right to lie or make violent threats.

A example is free speach does not give one the right to shout fire in a movie theater.

edit on 20-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Jamie1
Attn: Everybody cheering the State suing the press over reporting "false" information.

Are you that blinded by your own politics to think this is good?

Do you want France suing people who speculate that the entire operation was a false flag?

Stupid.

Sounds like something that would happen in Cuba or Russia.

You have a good point.

However, the good news is that, perhaps this will wake a few people up to the anti american, propaganda machine that is Fox News and Talk radio. Probably not.

The State suing the press IS anti-American.

Good its france then not the USA! France can fo what france wants to do!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

To all those who are for this what do you think you guys will accomplish with this lawsuit?

No matter the outcome, all news agencies are always going to exaggerate a story for their personal agendas.

The fake outrage is getting old.

I dont know if its a good idea or not.

Thats what the civil court has to decide.

At the end of the day the french goverment has the right to sue any company operating within its borders for defamation.

Whether or not it has a solid case is for the lawyers to decide.

If fox news dont like French law? They are free to shut down any of its offices in france and remove any reporters in france.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

a reply to: pez1975

And Paris will lose the case.

That is for the courts to decide.

At least Fox News is now facing a real consequence as a result of their spotty reporting.

Actually suing Fox will be tossed out. its a american company and not subject to french law. The UN courts will also dismiss it due to who pays the bills.

ALso according to police there are sections of neighboorhoods they do not like to go that are heavily populated by muslim/islam followers. they arent so much NO GO zones they are not welcome zones. There are areas in the US where cops dont go too. If anything the sentiment was right but the name was not.

Oh and dont forget the CBS news one time making up a story. Its not just Fox who screws up.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
After reading all the post and there were some thoughtful and intelligent post in this thread... Do think this law suite will go anywhere no it wont its lip service from a frustrated mayor period. Do i agree with her frustation yes. Do i think Fox News deserves to be called news NO... There standard of reporting is horrendous they make up facts to go along with there agenda. They attack the president any chance they can, They make people in other countrys hate the US Its Not a news station they are a proaganda station. Is MSNBC in the same ilk as Fox just on the far left yes... This is where my frustation comes in the news services are supposed to be like the 4th part of government they are supposed to be there to keep the president and politicans in check by reporting accurate non bias news that concerns the american people as a whole not one side against another there supposed to stand up for us not the 1 side of A political party or the other, there supposed to hold people accountable with truth investigations honor not propaganda and lies. The main reason I come to ATS is to get real news about whats going on in the world and our country because I cant count on the main stream 24/7 propaganda machine our news has become. Its sad and really really frustrating to me personally. what pisses me off the most is people on the left and the right beleive this crap is news and the gospel and feed into and and are divided by it to the point of hating the other side were all americans we deserve better we all want the same things for this counrty freedom peace to be able to make a living raise our familys not pay absorbent taxs be spied on be beaten by the people paid to protect us not have all our jobs shipped off to china and india good transpertaion good roads and infrastructure so people are not dieing when a bridge that has not be repaired in 50 years crumbles. but instead of this we get 24/7 he did this she did that lies and propoganda im sick of it and think alot of you are too.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: daaskapital

a reply to: pez1975

And Paris will lose the case.

That is for the courts to decide.

At least Fox News is now facing a real consequence as a result of their spotty reporting.

Actually suing Fox will be tossed out. its a american company and not subject to french law. The UN courts will also dismiss it due to who pays the bills.

ALso according to police there are sections of neighboorhoods they do not like to go that are heavily populated by muslim/islam followers. they arent so much NO GO zones they are not welcome zones. There are areas in the US where cops dont go too. If anything the sentiment was right but the name was not.

Oh and dont forget the CBS news one time making up a story. Its not just Fox who screws up.

Depends if fox news has offices in France or the EU (which they do) if they do then they could very well be sued.

Sure head office in the states dont have to pay but if they dont the company could very well be kicked out the EU

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Yes, once we get rid of Fox news only the truth will be heard from all the other MSN ! It's all biased hearsay, no matter who we watch or listen to. I'm realizing it's easier not to take any of it too seriously...it's all about entertainment, money and keeping us fighting among ourselves.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Probably nothing

The 1st Amendment will protect FOX - even if it actually managed to go that far

But, c'mon - nobody can blame us for fantasizing

In my fantasy - it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt that FOX is not in the news business at all - it sells a product. Products are not the same thing as words - or opinions

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
funny i guess things may have changed. here is a a report from that i posted in another thread about the Fox expert. it's dated January 16, 2008. if they have cleaned them up maybe the U.S., should take notes.
the first quote is about the last president of France and why he was elected, so says the article. he left office in 2012

In May, the French voters elected Mr. Sarkozy as president because he had promised to restore the authority of the Republic over France’s 751 no-go areas, the so-called zones urbaines sensibles (ZUS, sensitive urban areas), where 5 million people — 8 percent of the population — live. During his first months in office he has been too busy with other activities, such as selling nuclear plants to Libya and getting divorced. While the French media publish nude pictures of the future (third) Mrs. Sarkozy, the situation in the ZUS has remained as “sensitive” as before.

People get mugged, even murdered, in the ZUS, but the media prefer not to write about it. When large-scale rioting erupts and officers and firemen are attacked, the behavior of the thugs is condoned with references to their “poverty” and to the “racism” of the indigenous French. The French media never devote their attention to the bleak situation of intimidation and lawlessness in which 8 percent of the population, including many poor indigenous French, are forced to live. Muslim racism toward the “infidels” is never mentioned.

this is a former intelligence officer take on it.

Xavier Raufer, a former French intelligence officer who heads the department on organized crime and terrorism at the Institute of Criminology of the University of Paris II, thinks that organized crime has a lot to do with the indifference of the French establishment.
The ZUS are centers of drug trafficking. According to a recent report of the French government’s Interdepartmental Commission to Combat Drug Traffic and Addiction (MILDT) 550,000 people in France consume cannabis on a daily basis and 1.2 million on a regular basis. The annual cannabis consumption amounts to 208 tons for a market value of 832 million euros ($1.2 billion in U.S. dollars). MILDT estimates that there are between 6,000 and 13,000 small “entrepreneurs” and between 700 and 1,400 wholesalers who make a living out of dealing cannabis. The wholesalers earn up to 550,000 euros ($820,000) per year. Since they operate from within the ZUS the drug dealers are beyond the reach of the French authorities.
The ZUS exist not only because Muslims wish to live in their own areas according to their own culture and their own Shariah laws, but also because organized crime wants to operate without the judicial and fiscal interference of the French state. In France, Shariah law and mafia rule have become almost identical. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

here is the article,‘Sensitive urban areas’

here is the translated list of the ZUS, Parris is number 75. Atlas of Sensitive Urban Zones (ZUS)

i suspect someone is not telling the truth and i think it's the folks in charge now.

edit on 20-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

At the end of the day the french goverment has the right to sue any company operating within its borders for defamation.

Whether or not it has a solid case is for the lawyers to decide.

If fox news dont like French law? They are free to shut down any of its offices in france and remove any reporters in france.

When you look at it from that angle the whole thing gets a lot more interesting. I was reading something about foreigners suing Americans working from the USA - but FOX must have at least on bureau in France

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

A example is free speach does not give one the right to shout fire in a movie theater.

But what if there's really a fire?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I suspect that once she speaks with the attorneys, these threats will dissolve into the shadows. Once they explain to her that lots of truth and facts would be brought forth in a trial, she'll get the bigger picture and get over her hurt feelings. I'm pretty sure she doesn't really want to facts presented for all in a courtroom but it is also possible that she is completely ignorant of those facts. Politicians don't really live in the same world as the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Fox News apologized only because they got caught. How embarrassing that they don't take the time and effort to fact check their guest speakers before letting them sport that nonsense.

Fox News is tabloid propaganda at its worst.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Probably nothing

The 1st Amendment will protect FOX - even if it actually managed to go that far

But, c'mon - nobody can blame us for fantasizing

In my fantasy - it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt that FOX is not in the news business at all - it sells a product. Products are not the same thing as words - or opinions

The 1st Amendment isn't a French law.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Good. Someone should sue them for scaring the elderly!

This is serious stuff and they need this focus on the ramifications of what they do.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
lol! How ironic! Right in the middle of their big proclamations about freedom of expression and of the press, with the Charlie Hebdo thing!

^This. I'm glad someone noticed this irony.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join