It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City of Paris to sue Fox News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Just like the knuckle heads who link raw story and salon as a reputable news source.

I don't read Raw Story often enough to have an opinion one way or another, but as a Salon devotee, I can say that it often presents stories - even on the same day - that oppose each other. They consistently question one point of view and you can often watch different writers tear each other to bits (in print of course) right in front of your eyes

That's the left for you - they often question each other and themselves. I don't know about other more right leaning rags, but I wonder - can FOX say the same thing?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Your analysis is absolutely spot on! Congratulations for having had the insight and courage to speak truth to propaganda!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pez1975

Suing a populace for being stupid enough to not reach their own conclusions, and having the nit-wittery to take such "news" at face value, would accomplish much more than suing a news station. The people who believe such nonsense are equally to blame.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ha...and this from THE main city in a nation who whined and complained that their retirement age was being raised from 60 to 62.

I don't tend to watch FoxNews very often (although I do enjoy Greg Gutfeld's rants on "The Five" from time to time).

Here is a good summation of the apologies/retractions from FoxNews. You'll note that it's mentioned multiple times that they admit that there are no "official" designations of no-go zones, nor any evidence to prove that they exist along racial/religious boundaries.

The fact of the matter is, though, that all large cities around the world, especially here in America, have areas where different religions and races then to segregate and coalesce, officially or not. It's not a stretch of the imagination to assume that these areas that FoxNews was discussing do actually exist, just maybe not to the extreme that they mention.

Conscerning Paris' declaration of lawsuit, one famous quote doth come to mind: "The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

FoxNews, just like any other agency, will be forced to do even more investigative journalism--if this goes to trial--to show these areas to the world. What if they actually uncover, with proof, these places? What if they actually find the proof that their own apologies cite that they lack?

Sure would make for interesting politics and TV...that I won't watch.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Just like the knuckle heads who link raw story and salon as a reputable news source.

The law suits can start with FOX ... then hit up MSNBC, and Raw Story, and Beitbart, and ....etc etc ... the list goes on and on. Maybe when everyone starts getting hit, then people will finally realize that MSNBC isn't better than FOX and FOX isn't better than MSNBC. It's all bad.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That's the thing though we know they are all bad and any msm should be trusted .5% and in today's age of information we should always research for ourselves for the truth and not waste time and money with lawsuits.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Now I usually take a dim view on all these lawsuits, but the city of Paris has a very valid point here.

I live in the UK, and Paris derives a large portion of its income from tourism. Just this morning, I was telling the guy at work that I once worked in Paris.

The very first thing he said was, "there are no go zones in Paris you know"

Without taking the familiar trip down the rabbit hole, I just said that's BS, I know the place, I lived there.

Fox has managed to export its fakery all the way across the pond to the UK, where the gullible lap it up, and believe every word, so, for once, I say sue.

Peace

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i would love to hear more opinions by french residents, about these no go zones and how safe they are for non muslims and what direction those neighborhoods seem to be heading. i realize that here in the states there really are zones where that are accessible by all are still very dangerous and not places you would want to walk alone at night if you know what i mean. in those areas your chances of being harmed in 1 way or the other are definitely higher due to high crime rate etc. etc.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Maybe Fox should of just called Paris the capital of the Vinci Nazi government. They couldn’t argue about that and hey while they are at it pay your war debt from ww1 and ww2 that you owe to the USA too.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

This is a useless lawsuit fox apologized for their screw up, not sure what Paris thinks will happen?

The problem is, much like the FOX/Birmingham faux pas of last week, when they do apologise and offer a retraction, it isn't done so that all the American viewers who were fed the lies in the first place can hear it, so what you're left with is the lie perpetuating throughout the population and FOX gets away with it because they said "Sorry" very quietly

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
lol! How ironic! Right in the middle of their big proclamations about freedom of expression and of the press, with the Charlie Hebdo thing!

Hypocrisy

PARIS, France – Controversial French comedian Dieudonne was arrested Wednesday and will stand trial over a Facebook comment suggesting he sympathized with one of the Paris attackers, as France cracks down on those who condone terrorism.

The arrest was one of 54 cases for “condoning terrorism” or “making threats to carry out terrorist acts” opened since Islamist gunmen last week killed 17 people in a three-day shooting spree that targeted the satirical weekly Charlie Hebdo, police and a Jewish supermarket.

In the midst of a mounting debate on the limits of free speech, prosecutors started a case against the comedian Monday after he posted a message on Facebook saying: “Tonight, as far as I’m concerned, I feel like Charlie Coulibaly.”

Can the French comedian sue Paris for being charged over "free speech"?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Attn: Everybody cheering the State suing the press over reporting "false" information.

Are you that blinded by your own politics to think this is good?

Do you want France suing people who speculate that the entire operation was a false flag?

Stupid.

Sounds like something that would happen in Cuba or Russia.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here is a list I just posted

[exnews

]here is the list for 751 sensitive urban area zones, cough, AKA at one time no go zones, possibly

Decree No. 96-1156 of 26 December 1996 establishes the list of 750 sensitive urban zones (ZUS). Decree No. 2000- 796 of 24 August 2000 adds the neighborhood "New Mons» Mons-en-Baroeul to the list of Zus and Decree No. 2001-707 of 31 July 2001 amends the scope of Zus Grigny ( 91). The decrees No. 96-1157 and No. 96-1158 of 26 December 1996 fixing the list of 416 Urban Renewal Zones (ZRU) among 751 sensitive urban areas (396 in France, 20 in the departments of overseas). Download the list of Zus: ZUS_FR_SGCIV_20100701.xls

sig.ville.gouv.fr...

The French newspaper Le Figaro has referred to downtown Perpignan as a "veritable no-go zone" where "aggression, antisocial behavior, drug trafficking, Muslim communalism, racial tensions and tribal violence" are forcing non-Muslims to move out. Le Figaro also reported that the Les Izards district of Toulouse was a no-go zone, where Arab drug trafficking gangs rule the streets in a climate of fear.

Separately, Le Figaro reported that large quantities of assault rifles are circulating in French no-go zones. "For a few hundred dollars you can buy Kalashnikovs," political scientist Sebastian Roché said. "The price of an iPhone!"

The newspaper France Soir published poll results showing that nearly 60% of French citizens are in favor of sending the army into troubled suburbs to restore order.

The newspaper Le Parisien has called parts of Grigny, a township in the southern suburbs of Paris, a "lawless zone" plagued by well-organized Muslim gangs, whose members believe they are "masters of the world." The weekly newsmagazine Le Point reported on the spiraling Muslim lawlessness in the French city of Grenoble.

The French magazine L'Obs (formerly known as Le Nouvel Observateur) has reported on the deteriorating security situation in Roubaix, a city in northern France that is located close to the Belgian border. The magazine reported that local citizens are "exiled within their own country" and want to create their own militia to restore order because police are afraid to confront Muslim gangs.

In August 2014, the French magazine Valeurs Actuelles (Contemporary Values) reported that "France has more than 750 areas of lawlessness" where the law of the French Republic no longer applies. Under the headline "Hell in France," the magazine said that many parts of France are experiencing a "dictatorship of riffraff" where police are "greeted by mortar fire" and are "forced to retreat by projectiles."

Separately, Valeurs Actuelles reported on the lawlessness in Trappes, a township located in the western suburbs of Paris, where radical Islam and endemic crime go hand in hand. "Criminals are pursued by Islamic fundamentalists to impose an alternative society, breaking links with the French Republic," according to local police commander Mohammed Duhan. It is not advisable to go there, he says, adding, "You will be spotted by so-called chauffeurs (lookouts for drug traffickers) and be stripped and smashed."

Valeurs Actuelles has also reported on no-go zones in Nantes, Tours and Orléans, which have turned into "battlefields" where the few remaining native French holdouts are confronted with "Muslim communalism, the disappearance of their cultural references and rampant crime."

edit on 053131p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
Attn: Everybody cheering the State suing the press over reporting "false" information.

Do you want France suing people who speculate that the entire operation was a false flag?

Stupid.

You have a good point.

However, the good news is that, perhaps this will wake a few people up to the anti american, propaganda machine that is Fox News and Talk radio. Probably not.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
European 'No-Go' Zones: Fact or Fiction?
January 20, 2015 at 5:00 am

European 'No-Go' Zones: Fact or Fiction?
January 20, 2015 at 5:00 am

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...
A 120-page research paper entitled "No-Go Zones in the French Republic: Myth or Reality?" documented dozens of French neighborhoods "where police and gendarmerie cannot enforce the Republican order or even enter without risking confrontation, projectiles, or even fatal shootings."

In October 2011, a 2,200-page report, "Banlieue de la République" (Suburbs of the Republic) found that Seine-Saint-Denis and other Parisian suburbs are becoming "separate Islamic societies" cut off from the French state and where Islamic Sharia law is rapidly displacing French civil law.

The report also showed how the problem is being exacerbated by radical Muslim preachers who are promoting the social marginalization of Muslim immigrants in order to create a parallel Muslim society in France that is ruled by Sharia law.

The television presenter asks: "What if we went to the suburbs?" Obertone replies: "I do not recommend this. Not even we French dare go there anymore. But nobody talks about this in public, of course. Nor do those who claim, 'long live multiculturalism,' and 'Paris is wonderful!' dare enter the suburbs."

it goes on the address the issue of this topic

Consider Carol Matlack, an American writer for Bloomberg Businessweek, who recently penned a story — entitled "Debunking the Myth of Muslim-Only Zones in Major European Cities" — in which she claims that no-go zones are nothing more than an "urban legend" that is "demonstrably untrue." She then goes on to ridicule those who disagree with her.

The American cable television channel Fox News has also issued at least four apologies for referring to Muslim no-go zones in Europe, after one commentator erroneously claimed that the entire city of Birmingham, England, was Muslim. Had he simply said that "parts" of Birmingham are Muslim, he would have been correct.

Despite such politically correct denials, Muslim no-go zones are a well-known fact of life in many parts of Europe.

Despite such politically correct denials, Muslim no-go zones are a well-known fact of life in many parts of Europe.

What follows is the first in a multi-part series that will document the reality of Europe's no-go zones.

Fabrice Balanche, a well-known French Islam scholar who teaches at the University of Lyon, recently told Radio Télévision Suisse: "You have territories in France such as Roubaix, such as northern Marseille, where police will not step foot, where the authority of state is completely absent, where mini Islamic states have been formed."

Here is a long list of reporters saying there are no go zones, and a documentary, i have heard European posters on the forum claim there are no go zones.

A 120-page research paper entitled "No-Go Zones in the French Republic: Myth or Reality?" documented dozens of French neighborhoods "where police and gendarmerie cannot enforce the Republican order or even enter without risking confrontation, projectiles, or even fatal shootings."

www.drmcc.org...

In October 2011, a landmark 2,200-page report, "Banlieue de la République" (Suburbs of the Republic) found that Seine-Saint-Denis and other Parisian suburbs are becoming "separate Islamic societies" cut off from the French state, and where Islamic Sharia law is rapidly displacing French civil law. The report said that Muslim immigrants are increasingly rejecting French values and instead are immersing themselves in radical Islam.

In October 2011, a landmark 2,200-page report, "Banlieue de la République" (Suburbs of the Republic) found that Seine-Saint-Denis and other Parisian suburbs are becoming "separate Islamic societies" cut off from the French state, and where Islamic Sharia law is rapidly displacing French civil law. The report said that Muslim immigrants are increasingly rejecting French values and instead are immersing themselves in radical Islam.

edit on 053131p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Of course, there is no such thing as official "no go zones." That would be the worst violation of PCness not to mention it would get bad press all around the world. So of course the mayor of Paris is outraged. So would be the mayors of Los Angeles, Newark, Oakland, Houston, etc. But we in America, anyway, all are wary of "no go zones" in many of our major cities. But officials of every stripe from the lowest levels to the highest would never dare to say those words and they will deny such areas even exist.

that would be my guess, the question is
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- voltaire.

And why would FOX back down, look into who rules over FOX, so you guys should really love them, lol

News Corp will pay $35m for the shares, which will take its stake in Rotana to 18.97 percent. Last year, News Corp upped its stake to 14.53 percent.

The acquisition was announced after a meeting of the Rotana board chaired by Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, chairman of Rotana Holding, the Saudi Gazette reported.

Rotana owns the Arab world’s largest record label and about 40 percent of the region’s movies, and operates a number of free-to-air television channels.

www.arabianbusiness.com...

Saudi Prince Calls Murdoch And Changes Fox News

During last month’s street riots in France, Fox News ran a banner during a news segment, reading: “Muslim riots.” Billionaire Saudi Prince al-Walid bin Talal, who owns 5.5% of Fox News, was unhappy with the tagline:
I picked up the phone and called Murdoch… (and told him) these are not Muslim riots, these are riots out of poverty. Within 30 minutes, the title was changed from Muslim riots to civil riots.
Talal gained notoriety after 9/11 when he blamed U.S. policies for the terrorist attacks.
Fox News spokeswoman Irena Briganti refused to confirm or deny that the call took place but “acknowledged the network changed the banner after receiving complaints.”

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Stupid.

You have a good point.

However, the good news is that, perhaps this will wake a few people up to the anti american, propaganda machine that is Fox News and Talk radio. Probably not.

The State suing the press IS anti-American.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Stupid.

You have a good point.

The State suing the press IS anti-American.

No more that fox news and it's puppets, Limbaugh, Hannity, ORielly, Coulter etc, lying to the American people for the only sake of lining Billionaires pockets and to further divide us.

What living in a no go zone is really like.

www.slate.com...

snopes finds the no go zone rhetoric false as well.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Stupid.

Jamie - are you one of those people that thinks that free speech can be had without consequences?

People still sue for libel you know - do you think news agencies (and, you know - the word news in this case should really be in air quotes) should be immune?

Asking that people be held accountable for the information they're putting out there is not at all the same thing as prohibiting speech

Honestly...

edit on 1/20/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Group think makes me sick. Any group that gets orgasmic over known BS is pathetic.

'Look, that BS is BS, what idiots they are'.

But as long as people can give each other mental masturbation, and hate one group or another, the sheeple will perform like the marionettes the elites know they are.

Enjoy your illusion of choice while you are directed to pay attention to the petty BS.
6 Companies own 90% of the media. Do you think there is any difference in THE agenda?? BAH BAH

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join