It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird security notification from Google while browsing ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I was browsing ATS a bit ago, and when i clicked on the "New" link up top I received the below security redirect from Google.

Not sure if anyone else has encountered this or if I have an issue on my machine.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Yes i got the same today...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If you get this alert again, please let me know which page, and which ads were on that page.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: zedy63

Yes i got the same today...

Ok good..well maybe not "good", but at least its not an issue on my end. i was just about to start the great hunt through my HDD for any new bugs.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up. I will forward this to SO to take a look at.

Once we can find the bad advertisement we should be able to remove it from rotation.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I was reading FlyersFan's post about roasting Justin Bieber and I when I hit the "New" link up top it came up.

I unfortunately do not remember what ad's were on the page though at the time. I will definitely keep my eye out moving forward.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So is that a legit warning about "visiting this infected site" or a redirect to an infected page that wants you to click on it?

SO, what about redirects from ads on the login page? Do you want to know about any of those?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
I was reading FlyersFan's post about roasting Justin Bieber and I when I hit the "New" link up top it came up.

That narrows things down for us.

I alerted Mark/Springer about this, he's our primary point of contact with all the ad networks.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Good deal.

Thanks for the prompt response. Another reason i love ATS.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I keep having Tribalfusion adds pop up when I open a thread..GH skincare everytime, and only on this site..tried malware scans and the usual antivirus. I would like to contribute and will when it stops..lol

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Its so hard to tell these days what's legit and what's not. I never click anything on those pages. I always task kill my browser and restart.

All i know is when I was leaving the current page, that page popped up. Looks like it was trying to redirect me to a now site automatically and Google stopped it. But again, it's hard to tell.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

TribalFusion is a valid advertiser.

If you're rejecting cookies, they have no idea how many ads you've seen.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I keep having Tribalfusion adds pop up when I open a thread..GH skincare everytime, and only on this site..tried malware scans and the usual antivirus. I would like to contribute and will when it stops..lol

TribalFusion is a virus ad-ware program on your machine. It's not from the site.

You need to go into your programs and uninstall it from your machine and also uninstall it from your browsers extensions.

I would run a malware/virus scan on your machine with either Advast or Malwarebytes also.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Ok thanks I will see if its something I can change on my end. Im not even sure how to change the settings but I can look it up..weird only here though.
Cheers and Thanks.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Skeptic says Tribal is a valid advertiser..I have tried Malwarebytes to no effect. I will dig into it after work.
Thanks.
I will note that I looked it up last night(tribalfusion) and its confirmed they annoy many others besides myself

edit on 20-1-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Skeptic says Tribal is a valid advertiser..I have tried Malwarebytes to no effect. I will dig into it after work.
Thanks.

Skeptic is right. Tribal is valid and it's not really malicious per-say, but it can be annoying and at times intrusive if it's not getting it's daily feeding of cookies. Think of the Cookie Monster as an advertiser, we all know what happens when he doesn't get his cookies.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

If you reject third party cookies, ads "can" be annoying.

There's an exceptional amount of disinformation and misinformation about third party cookies out there. I'm on the web, and lots of websites, a great deal every day and nearly all day. I've never blocked or otherwise rejected cookies, or deleted cookies, unless I need to do so to test code.

The reason ads "can" be annoying if you're rejecting or limiting third party cookies, is that they use the cookie data to know which ads you've seen, and how frequently. So, without the cookie, on each page load -- for pages that has TribalFusion ad tags -- TribalFusion thinks you're another new user.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The "Checkerlive" domain is not on any of our ad nets (unless it's so far down the daisy chain we'd never know it or be able to stop it) but it is a known "Adware virus" on Chrome... That's all I can get. I've alerted all of our nets to block the domain but that's all I can do.

If you see it again let me know and I will hammer on them some more...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I keep getting major pop up action on my IPad. It literally takes me out of the post I'm reading and into the App Store for a game without even asking. Super annoying.

If rather have an option to pay for now ads then get bombarded without my permission.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join