It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comedy Central to 'Roast' Justin Bieber

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Here's a thought. I wonder if any of the roasters will take on the almighty "star" system in place in our culture. This youngster, at an early age, with a modicum of talent, a pretty youthful face, is snatched up by the "star makers" promoted to the hilt to turn him into a pre-teen heart throb. And not just teen girls but pre- puberty girls. Getting them all excited about this hot boy who they can long for. Makes me sick.

They trained him. They took his tender little boy ego and fed it and fed it and fed it. They surrounded him with sycophants who day after day told him he was the greatest talent to come down the street since Elvis. He grew up thinking he was invincible. Thinking he was king of the world. They kept him on a tight leash for years but as he was just a little boy he thought it was all his doing and had no real idea about the true nature of the system he was being used by.

When he got older, the leash was loosened. They let him run off the rails. Did they care? Hell no. There are always plenty more where he came from. More pretty young faces, male and female, to be presented to the foolish who follow this "star system" to the tune of billions of dollars a year.

That said, will I watch this roast. Oh, you bettcha. I just think it would be a lot better with some in depth digs at the pirates who run this youth culture.

Truly that's the sad thing. Eventually his world WILL com crashing down around him. Psychologist say these people stop maturing at the age they are discovered. I believe he was discovered at age 8. If they are right, and they're not spouting BS, then he stopped maturing at 8 years old and is really just behaving like a kid acting out. (Again, if they're right not BSing.) Someday, Justin will wake up to this when the "Yes men" become "No men" and his playboy father leaves him once Justin isn't as rich as he appears. He then only be left with the mother he walked away from He now spends time with the dad who abandoned him as a kid and now wants to "know him and party with him", and use him for his money. I know Justin is trying to get to know his father, and he may see this as the only way to do that, but this can be very damaging in itself. Because he will learn his father used him. No kid wants to learn this. When this day comes, I truly feel sorry for him.

Look at Lindsay Lohan. The only people who befriend her either want sex, or money. Even her own mom and dad! Shameful! And don't give me the kids wanted this life. Half the time, some of these kids start out in diapers! The parents are in it to hopefully live off their kids and never have to work again. Let's be honest. I almost feel for Justin because he will get what is coming to him in terms of a very good roasting, however, I don't think it's what HE had in mind. I think it's going to be the very public spanking he's been needing for some time now.

edit on 1/21/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Any

I think you are so right when you point out that JB didn't ask for his situation. He was to young to even have a clue what was happening to him. And I think that you are right about the maturation process also. It is not hard to see him as an 8 year old in the body of a young man with fame and fortune and still being an 8 year old inside with all the pressures of a high profile celebrity.

Our culture if rife with cases just like JB, just maybe not so blatant. All the way back to the stars of old like Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney and others. Those kids were basically owned by the studios that made movies with them. That pattern goes on and one up to the present day. Kids with stolen childhoods, forced into an adult world before they are ready, not only by selfish parents but by a huge entertainment system that exploits them until they no longer can make money for them.

As was pointed out earlier, Justin is only a very visible example of that sad system of exploitation, from parents on up the line. And that's not even taking into account all of the public who are mesmerized by the glitz and glamour of it all.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This sounds like fun. I hope to be able to see it.

I suggest 215 degrees F. You want to cook him indirectly first, before directly heating and getting a good bark on him.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I am so looking forward to this

I can imagine that whoever is doing the roasting would have paid to get on the program

posted on Feb, 18 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It might be the funniest and most true Roast they ever did BUT -

I do NOT respect CC for offering this very high honor to this no talent thug wannabe Child. The kid doesn't deserve this honor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join