It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aw, crap. Westboro Baptist Church is coming here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

DES MOINES, Iowa -
Westboro Baptist Church members are planning a picket outside East High School in Des Moines next Monday.

The group reports they will be at the school from 12:30-1 p.m.

They will be at the school because "the youth in this nation have absolutely no hope."

On Monday, the group also plans a picket outside the Davenport West High School.

The group reports it will also be at the Bettendorf Christian Church this Saturday from 4:30-5 p.m. The group said they are protesting the church's social club activities like the "Saturday night kid's club", "lots of coffee" and "pastors in jeans."

A protest is also planned at the Sacred Heart Cathedral Parish in Davenport on Sunday in part because the church allows women preachers and at Christ the King Catholic Church in Moline, Illinois on Sunday.

link

I hadn't heard anything from these people in a while and I thought they have decided to clam up and just fade away. But, no, they're coming to Iowa to spew their putrid bigotry across our fair land.

Why? I don't know. Do these cornballs really need an excuse? My guess is that they're running short of cash and looking to stir up some lawsuits. They can't come within 500 feet of a funeral in most places, anymore. I'm sure that made a dent in their "bait and sue" revenues so they had to come up with other revenue sources and Iowa is close enough that they won't have to spend a lot of gas money. Apparently, they're going to protest at a high school in Des Moines and at some churches around the Quad Cities.

It's all happening this weekend, so if you're around the area or planning to visit soon, come on over and watch the circus.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
2015 barely started ..and all the idiots crawling out from under their rocks at once .. going to be an interesting year .. christian loonytoons to the left and islamic extremists to the right .. yep.. the worlds fooked..

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni
Every self-respecting church in this nation needs to denounce these poor excuses for human beings. Xtians need to openly distance themselves from these fools, so they don't get lumped in with them.

Someone said recently, the silence of other xtians when it comes to speaking out against groups like this is deafening, and that secretly, they agree with Westboro's view and tactics. I don't know if I believe that. I know very few xtians who even resemble these scumbags.

edit on 1/20/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

They will be at the school because "the youth in this nation have absolutely no hope."

How do they plan on restoring youth hope? By teaching them "God hates fags?"

Those people are the embodiment of hypocrisy. If Jesus walked into their midst, they wouldn't recognize Him.
They'd probably spit on HIm.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

It's all happening this weekend, so if you're around the area or planning to visit soon, come on over and watch the circus.

Don't encourage them!!!

These folk rely on the reactions of you and I-let their ramblings fall on deaf ears and if no one listens then they have no one to preach to. Don't acknowledge or antagonize them because it plays right into their hands.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
.. christian loonytoons to the left and islamic extremists to the right ..

here I am, stuck in the middle with you ...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Every self-respecting church in this nation needs to denounce these poor excuses for human beings. Xtians need to openly distance themselves from these fools, so they don't get lumped in with them.

Someone said recently, the silence of other xtians when it comes to speaking out against groups like this is deafening, and that secretly, they agree with Westboro's view and tactics. I don't know if I believe that. I know very few xtians who even resemble these scumbags.

The tactics are obnoxious and loud, but the words they speak, from a fundamental level, are exactly in line with the religion they follow. it is pretty clear cut in the bible.

So, its hard then for a Christian to say they are wrong for..preaching exactly what the bible says (well, generally what is said). The bible does call gay people abominations that will not be going to heaven quite clearly.

But it also says the same for cut beards, bowl haircuts, shrimp eaters, and a bunch of other nonsense.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni

"the youth in this nation have absolutely no hope.".

If they truly cared about them not having hope they would have been protesting at the place where all of the responsible parties will be concentrated this evening. The State of the Union Address.

edit on 20-1-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Two choices ...

- Ignore them so they get no attention.

- Use this as an opportunity to educate them. Separate the weak from the herd and plant a seed of doubt in them about what they are doing. Get folks together, get your own leaflets and talking points, and go have chats with them when the cameras aren't on them.

A few years back, there were some Amish school girls who were murdered in their school house not far from here. Some of the victims were flown here to our city and were in the hospitals here. The Westoro nutters were going to picket the funerals of the Amish girls who were murdered. The bat signal went up and lots of people planned to volunteer (I was one of them) to encircle the Amish funeral so the Westboro idiots couldn't get near the grieving families.

Fortunately, the Westboro nutters changed their plans and didn't go to the funeral. Some radio station (in Texas I think) gave them half an hour of free air time to spout their nonsense in exchange for them leaving the Amish people alone.

I'll be interested to hear what you decide to do ... if anything.

edit on 1/20/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

No they aren't. Jesus hung out with the sinners, not the religious folk. These people are like the worst Pharisees and Sadducee of Jesus' day. I imagine HE would have much to say to them and it probably would sound a lot like "You are of your father the devil" when HE spoke to them.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
We need a "yawn" smiley!!!

Barf will have to do...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
We should just ignore them as has been mentioned as giving them media attention is what they want

Same with the Islamic fanatics who preach hate

We are giving them what they want,we should ignore and let the police keep a close eye on them

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Some radio station (in Texas I think) gave them half an hour of free air time to spout their nonsense in exchange for them leaving the Amish people alone.

That was pretty amazing of them.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I wonder if they said bad things about the Amish on the radio. (I believe it may have fallen on deaf ears)

It's groups like this that make you smile in that weird (I didn't like the taste or texture of that) way.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I stopped at the 'pastors in jeans' and roared. And what do they wear, Armani?

They never cease to amaze me with their spewing intolerance and fanaticism. But my question is this: Who are their financial backers, and when they come out in force, is it as a distraction to something else going on that we might otherwise miss?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Someone should share the Gospel with them....

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: WashMoreFeet

www.abovetopsecret.com...

okay I did ^^^^^^^^
edit on 20-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

yes, I suppose I could. We can definitely pray for them to receive truth and stop ruining their witness for Christ through their ignorance and misguided zeal.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I can't believe this group isn't classified as a terrorist organization. Super Soakers full of cat urine would come in hella handy.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Phelps missed the rapture LOL, may he rot in hell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join