It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney 2016 is a political diversion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

My prediction is that the GOP back room is going to tap Romney on the back and tell him not to bother running. In the mean time the speculation that Romney will run for a third time is filling up the airwaves and allowing the Jeb Bush camp to quietly plot their strategy. I don't happen to think that the GOP field is as open as the MSM likes to portray. Does Romney know that he has no real chance of running again? My guess is no because he is politically tone deaf.

The GOP is finally showing some political smarts in the way they don't want the primary's to be a political blood bath . So I expect the deck is going to cleared for Jeb Bush to take out the nomination. The rest of the GOP field will compete for the Vice Presidential ticket and would be cabinet posts.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I'm not sure Romney would listen to them. He's rich and stuff. Wouldn't it be a riot if he ran as an independent?

Political diversion or two year grab for PAC money?

Aside from PAC money, what happens to political contributions that aren't spent? How closely does anyone track those?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

Yes, first came major media and opinion poll encouragement for Romney to run, and then, after he indicated he would, the media attempt to shame or bully him into not running. Lost in this white noise (literally) is the fact that the GOP has moved its 2016 National Convention to July, a full month before conventions have been historically held, essentially in order to secure the nomination for its nominee early and let the nominee have more time to massively fundraise and spend after-convention monies.

The establishment wants Jeb so bad they should all have his name tattooed on themselves (take your pick where). I think the only person who has a chance at the nom besides Bush is Rand Paul, and that's only if some of the other candidates who are talking of running - like Cruz and Huckabee - let Paul have an open field against Bush.

edit on 20-1-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   
As soon as I saw Bush had thrown his hat in the ring, I knew our next President had been picked. It'll come down to Bush and Clinton, with Bush as the winner. Everything between now and then is just window dressing.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
As soon as I saw Bush had thrown his hat in the ring, I knew our next President had been picked. It'll come down to Bush and Clinton, with Bush as the winner. Everything between now and then is just window dressing.

Agreed!!! But could be Hill and not Bush that POTUS! Either way its all SSD!!!

Shame you American folks can see this for what it is and put a stop to the ongoing charade!!
edit on 20-1-2015 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

No way, too much ego in the GOP for that kind of run. Aside from the fact that I don't think Bush 3 has the legs for the national stage, and Lady Clinton is a dead duck, I think its gonna be totally dependent on what our relationship with Russia is like.

If its real cold, GOP is a certainty.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm going to say that neither Bush or Clinton will be President in 2016.

Martial law will be declared before then. Obama will be President until your real masters come take over.

Brush up on your Mandarin.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MarxMarvellous

Well, if you're serious and not just cracking-wise, naw. The U.S. has something called a Constitution, which mandates that a presidential election will be held in 2016. Even if martial law is declared (which, naw, won't be) this election would be held, and Obama would turn over the keys to the Oval to his successor. /civics lesson complete, wanders off to study Mandarin/

edit on 20-1-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I keep getting a very strong intuitive feeling that (Jeb Bush) has been hand picked by TPTB in all those secret societies.

I think a lot of Democrats want Mitt Romney to run because they know if he does...whoever he runs against will win...and another Democrat will be in the White House again.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

The establishment wants Jeb so bad they should all have his name tattooed on themselves (take your pick where). I think the only person who has a chance at the nom besides Bush is Rand Paul, and that's only if some of the other candidates who are talking of running - like Cruz and Huckabee - let Paul have an open field against Bush.

The backroom deals and the big money military/industrial complex, has chosen Jeb. And what has the Bush legacy brought the US? WAR The pattern has been established. It almost seems like a ritual to appease the gods of death, blood and pain...........
not to mention the most powerful God of all ..... the mosts Holy...Profit

Get ready!!!

edit on 20-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
eh, i vote for the queen of england to be president, since the brits don't want her anymore and she owns us anyway. why all the smoke and mirrors.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I'm not sure Romney would listen to them. He's rich and stuff. Wouldn't it be a riot if he ran as an independent?

The MSM would ignore him like they do other independent candidates. Even if Romney was able to grab some of the media spot light GOP voters on the whole wouldn't switch to his camp. At most he would act as a spoiler in the same way Ross Perot did in the 1992 election.

Aside from PAC money, what happens to political contributions that aren't spent? How closely does anyone track those?

I can't specifically answer your question in relation to the Super Pac(SP?) . From memory last time Ron Paul ran in 2012 after he dropped out of the race he put his fund raising efforts into getting reelected to the senate.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

I think a lot of Democrats want Mitt Romney to run because they know if he does...whoever he runs against will win...and another Democrat will be in the White House again.

My personal feeling is that somebody in the Hillary camp was largely behind the efforts to get Romney to run again on the off chance the GOP let him and he won his party nomination again. While the efforts of who ever is behind trying to get Romney to run again will be futile , but its not like Hillary's yet to be launched campaign will be short of cash.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I do happen to think that a great unspoken reason why potential GOP candidates will stay at home is the declining international situation that is going to take us into a world war around the 2020 - 25 mark. Hell if I was a would be GOP candidate that reason alone would just about keep me from entering the race little alone the fact Hillary has CNN and co in her back pocket.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Some might say all of politics at this point is a diversion...

Hacking Democracy - rigged voting

As some have said it doesn't matter who votes, but who counts the votes.

top topics

join