It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS threatens to kill 2 Japanese hostages unless Tokyo pays $200 million

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort
The world quite possibly would not survive that.

More countries have nukes than we think. And a few of the worst do for sure.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: neo96
Kamikaze drones? Samurai satellite lasers? Someone out there needs to pick these killers off, and I'd prefer if it were done in any way other than boots on the ground.

I betcha we're running as much facial recog as we can already for targeted strikes, but that harder to do just on eyes.

Japans military is still top-ten strong, but I don't think they're take the bait ISIS is setting the trap with. And I don't think we will either this time. Guess we'll see.

ETA: Hmmm...found this after I typed that last sentence...ISIS Pisses Off Pacifist Japan by Taking Hostages

Didn't realize they were remilitarizing.

The hawkish prime minister and his cabinet who have moved forward to remilitarize Japan under the guise of “collective self defense” are now in the difficult position of whether to negotiate with terrorists or to let two Japanese citizens be killed. Neither decision will have a happy outcome.
Abe's been pushing to re-militarize Japan for a while now. This hostage situation may be the event the Japanese people need to finally warm up to the idea.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

I thought that was the current approach.. Nato approved bombing campaign only.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I am not sure why they think it is a good Idea to piss off the Japanese..

A cultural background of Combat.. Japan's leaders have been itching for a fight..
edit on 20-1-2015 by Gestas because: Clarity.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gestas
I am not sure why they think it is a good Idea to piss off the Japanese..

A cultural background of Combat.. Japan's leaders have been itching for a fight..
Only a few Japanese leaders are "itching for a fight". Japan's current generation really mostly looks down on fighting in general. After WWII the Japanese lost any and all taste for war and with good reason. The only country to know personally the horror of a nuclear holocaust. Many of the Japanese middle-aged share the sentiments of their mothers and fathers, abhorring wars and conflict. The younger generation has slowly warmed to the idea of having a standing military, but still only want that military to be used defensively.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So it would appear that the story of Jihadi John being found beheaded with a cigarette in his mouth was total bull# then.
No surprises there.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Kamikaze drones? Samurai satellite lasers? Someone out there needs to pick these killers off, and I'd prefer if it were done in any way other than boots on the ground.

I betcha we're running as much facial recog as we can already for targeted strikes, but that harder to do just on eyes.

Japans military is still top-ten strong, but I don't think they're take the bait ISIS is setting the trap with. And I don't think we will either this time. Guess we'll see.

ETA: Hmmm...found this after I typed that last sentence...ISIS Pisses Off Pacifist Japan by Taking Hostages

The hawkish prime minister and his cabinet who have moved forward to remilitarize Japan under the guise of “collective self defense” are now in the difficult position of whether to negotiate with terrorists or to let two Japanese citizens be killed. Neither decision will have a happy outcome.
Abe's been pushing to re-militarize Japan for a while now. This hostage situation may be the event the Japanese people need to finally warm up to the idea.

Yes, its uncanny that this band of fruitcakes in Syria and Iraq are really sensitive to the needs of our corrupt leaders.
They always provocateur an incident just in time to push anti freedom agendas.
Its also uncanny that to defeat an "enemy" that hates our freedom and wants to take it away from, we must sacrifice our freedom. If that isnt the biggest red flag to all this then I dont really know what is.

That aside, with the state of the world right now, any sovereign nation would be wise to build up its defenses. Just not at the expense of freedom.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneManArmy
So it would appear that the story of Jihadi John being found beheaded with a cigarette in his mouth was total bull# then.
No surprises there.

Unless all this was filmed months ago.

Also, interesting information about Japan, SR.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Yes, its uncanny that this band of fruitcakes in Syria and Iraq are really sensitive to the needs of our corrupt leaders.
Its also uncanny that to defeat an "enemy" that hates our freedom and wants to take it away from, we must sacrifice our freedom. If that isnt the biggest red flag to all this then I dont really know what is.

That aside, with the state of the world right now, any sovereign nation would be wise to build up its defenses. Just not at the expense of freedom.
If you're implying this is yet another "false flag" by the Japanese elite to give them the excuse to start militarizing again, that's probably not the case.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

If you're implying this is yet another "false flag" by the Japanese elite to give them the excuse to start militarizing again, that's probably not the case.

If they ever need an excuse to re-militarize.... it will be China that gives them the excuse.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
-We don't negotiate with terrorists!
...publicly.

Sad truth. Unless something short of a miracle happens, those two are as good as dead.
Maybe we need to stop the politically correct approach and flat out bomb isis out of existence.

Should have done that from the start.

Well, now ISIS has shown it's true colours. Not a religious group, but a simple criminal organisation out for profit, at least that's how I see them.

Religion is "or can be", out the door and that gives us the opportunity to just simply smash them into the ground. Other Islamic states in the region shouldn't be able to support a criminal organisation now and say or do anything in their defence.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Personally I wouldnt use the phrase "false flag" that is applied to incidents.
I would say though that ISIS is a western manufactured boogieman to justify us getting into Syria. And whatever else we can be scared into submitting to. On that basis, I would say everything they do is a false flag.
Its just an opinion, but the opinion doesnt come out of thin air.

link   
This is (unfortunately) a well-played move by ISIS to raise sentiment among Japanese against Prime Minister Abe.

Soon a beheading video will be released, which will shock the Japanese public whom are mostly anti-war as Scientific Railgun has said.

Their anger with PM Abe making his 'supportive' speech for the alliance in Egypt will rise and they'll inevitbly blame him consciously for supporting foreign wars.
edit on 1/20/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

If they ever need an excuse to re-militarize.... it will be China that gives them the excuse.
Thank you, yes. Japan faces more of a threat from China than ISIS ever could hope to be. Will this give Abe some talking points on re-militarization? Probably. But unless China does something, I doubt Japan will be scrambling to re-militarize anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort
Thermonuclear? You're insane...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
-We don't negotiate with terrorists!
...publicly.

Sad truth. Unless something short of a miracle happens, those two are as good as dead.
Maybe we need to stop the politically correct approach and flat out bomb isis out of existence.

Or we could stop creating enemies to keep the industrial military complex in defense dollars. This is all a lie......A big fat lie. They pick a enemy that is hated and than fuel the fire. Heck I think they might even help them along at times.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Ps, The ISis Guy in the video is alleged to be English boogieman Jihadi John..Thought we got him a few months back..?

This is not Jihadi John.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

ISIS just looooooove to make friends don't they?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xavi1000
All reports are saying that it is.

Identical to the earlier videos.

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: ~Lucidity

ISIS just looooooove to make friends don't they?

They will no doubt make lots of new friends in hell soon. Sometimes I really hope there is a hell.

edit on 1/20/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I want them to use their Haarp like scalar wave technology to drop every single ISIS member, they can do it. They can take out a whole crowd, so drop them to the ground and let them wake up in a giant prison.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join