It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I write like a dude.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't notice much male/female gender role posting.
I know plenty of people here so I'm trying to think back when to when I joined, and I suppose many use to call me "bro" "man" "dude" "guy" etc, and I get in amongst all topics if the title and OP grabs me, gender never pops into my head.

A great thread, 'how do you imagine your favourite poster sounds when they speak'

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Despite being a woman, mentioning it often on ATS and having my face, albeit deliberately obscured, on my avatar, I have most often, on ATS in the past, been referred to as male when a gender classification was inferred. I have also been called a lesbian (I am heterosexual) for realising the validity of feminism.

I look feminine and my voice is feminine in tone though my words aren't averagely 'girly', I am an intellectual is probably the best way of describing it and as ATS is a topical site, my intellectual musings are to the fore, naturally.

It appears some men do not like women that think above their level. I have had boyfriends that literally said they believed men as ''superior'' intellectually and otherwise. They weren't boyfriends much longer after those comments.

Seeing as some women appear to be basing their actions upon competitiveness for male attention /who is more attractive etc, it is refreshing that there are women who think and value intelligence and are confident enough to voice their own opinions.

Those that think intelligent educated women are exercising a ''man voice'' should rethink their values. Women, despite being suppressed intellectually for the most part of humanity's history to date, are also intelligent.

elitedaily.com...

Judging from the notion that male egos aren’t deflating at the same rate at which women are increasing their education, there’s an uneven scale here. Women are getting smarter, but men aren’t getting more supportive.

Most people like to be the better one in the relationship. Men have been taught or conditioned to believe they are superior, when a woman shows a competitive edge, he becomes threatened.

The number of college-educated women now outweighs the number of college-educated men, which in turn has diminished options in the dating pool. Men aren’t ready to accept being second in the bread-winning competition and this is causing women to either settle or stay single.

Big minds are like big balls

You may be sensitive, sweet and insecure, but your intelligence makes you threatening. You may not have muscles and a big d*ck, but men will look at you as competition.

You are intimidating and emasculating. While most intelligent women aren’t pompous or arrogant about it, many times men assume they are. They assume the woman is going to correct them, upstage them or, God-forbid, make them feel worthless.

In an article published by “The Daily Beast,” Dr. Eileen Pollack explains, “There are all these contradictions that are propagated in our culture that make it seem like you can’t be smart and sexy. I don’t think most of us challenge the paradigms, we just absorb them.”

If a woman seems too smart or accomplished, she’s typecast as “non-dating material.” If she’s witty and competitive, she’s viewed as challenging and overbearing. Society has come to teach women that being funny and smart won’t get you dates, but empty heads and shallow hearts.

edit on 20-1-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Boy, does that last paragraph ring true. But we adapt. In one way or another. The happy path is staying true to you though. Thanks for posting the article for the collection.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I tend to recognize a poster based on their signature rather than their avatar.(maybe because I only use ATSmobile)
Like you said, it can be very frustrating when people change their avatar but sigs remain pretty constant.

So does my name/avatar make you all think guy or girl?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

Your avatar says girl IMO, but I just read a comment of yours on another thread and it suggests guy.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Ah, but can a woman be a eunuch?
I've been the Eunuchorn for a long time now across several internet platforms & I've been called ma'am more than a few times, lol

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

The Eunuch avatar doesn't necessarily mean you are that though I did wonder, it has a few possible meanings, one of which is a bit stomach churning IMO. Unicorns though are an interesting concept.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I didn't think either male or female, I thought it was someone with a wicked sense of humor. Who doesn't like a unicorn puking rainbows?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
a reply to: Caver78

I tend to recognize a poster based on their signature rather than their avatar.(maybe because I only use ATSmobile)
Like you said, it can be very frustrating when people change their avatar but sigs remain pretty constant.

So does my name/avatar make you all think guy or girl?

Futanari ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join