It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I write like a dude.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I'm a young woman with a very feminine appearance and a manly mouth. Somehow that translates into my writing, but I think it has more to do with the fact that I'm a WWII historian and I like science. Nowhere does my MAN VOICE ring more clearly than here on ATS.

I'm curious if people assume that posters here under those topics are men. It seems to be the case because I've noticed the very slightest hint of lady bashing (we all do it, even if we are just self-deprecating chicks or nice guys. It doesn't bother me.). It's fun to make fun of things, including woman and men and their differences. It's just interesting.

Men are especially reluctant to engaage me on the WWII front lines. Lol

I was listing people I'd want to lead us into a new era and they were all guys. I felt bad, but it didn't change anything and I couldn't think of a female.

How many women actually get into the tinfoil hat territory?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

I read your 'Everything is Futile' thread and assumed you were male however your username did make me think otherwise.

It's good to have males and females putting their thoughts down here. I do notice that the female members tend to get a bit more 'action' on certain threads.

The females I know who are into the tinfoil hat stuff are seriously wrapped in tinfoil, chemtrails, reptilians, the lot.

Men are often reluctant to engage with strong women, it reminds them that they are really just good pretenders

As for leading us into a new era? MAybe a female would be better than a male - males are often easier led than females, females are said to have deeper understanding of their feelings - we need a leader with a bit more compassion!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I probably couldn't tell the difference either way.
i tend to see everyone on this site as gender neutral, undefined.
I can't debate much on things WWII related because that topic acts like a sleeping pill for me.
i grew up in italy, and as you can imagine, world war 2 was studied pretty much from the get go, so now that i'm out of school i don't want to hear about it at all!
anyway it's safe to assume that there is a big amount of ladies on ATS, probably most of them tend to stay as "gender neutral" as possible in terms of user id or what they write, some for reasons similar to yours, or working under the assumption that as soon as they identify themselves as women, guys will try to hit on them or flat out harass them, because hey, broad generalizations are a survival tactic!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

"The females I know who are into the tinfoil hat stuff are seriously wrapped in tinfoil, chemtrails, reptilians, the lot. "

Oh dear. Not my cup of tea I'm afraid. I guess I'll have to play with the big boys.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Theres a difference in writing ??? Bloody english does my head in enough trying to translate ... now you added to the headache .. meh.. good thing happy hour started need a double ..
edit on 20/1/15 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Once I know a little about a poster, I tend to read their posts in what I perceive to be their voice. (in my head)
You just became a quiet reserved voice.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Once I know a little about a poster, I tend to read their posts in what I perceive to be their voice. (in my head)

G#DDAMNIT.

Lol

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I hear ya, most people think Im a chick due to the cute Kitty avatar

Also, I think I assume most people on here are men due to the fact that we all know the interwebs have no womens

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'm gonna break the mold and turn my nameplate pink. Cuz I'm a loner Dottie...

Maybe other ladies will speak up.

I know pink doesn't automatically mean girl, but this IS the internet.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
I'm gonna break the mold and turn my nameplate pink. Cuz I'm a loner Dottie...

Maybe other ladies will speak up.

I know pink doesn't automatically mean girl, but this IS the internet.

On the internet its bit like bars in thailand .. you never know whether or not the girls are real .. .

though on ats theres lots of girls ..

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I generally don't think about gender when reading people's posts. There are some members that I know are male or female because they've said so.

Most of the people here I don't know either way and it doesn't really matter but there are some that I suspect are not just one person.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I generally don't think about gender when reading people's posts. There are some members that I know are male or female because they've said so.

Most of the people here I don't know either way and it doesn't really matter but there are some that I suspect are not just one person.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Gonna have to bro down with you and completely admit I'm a chick that could easily be mistaken for a dude in regards to certain terminology I use when texting or posting even though I'm definitely feminine.

Just wanted to throw that out there, you know, for solidarity.

Chest bump?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

:fistpound: :chestbump:
The works.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

you and Firefly just gained about 48 million cool points based purely off the fist pounding.

as to the OP - don't sweat it. There's more than a few ladies here. And I know of a few that are pretty much "girly girls." It's the internet, so there's probably at least a few guys pretending to be girls, or girls pretending to be guys.

It is what it is. Talk however you wanna talk. Don't change your writing style

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I always hear Charlie Brown's teacher when I read yours.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Everyone seems to think I'm a dude too, but I think that's because we all tend to assume everyone's a dude?

I know I tend to do that now, mainly because i've wrong in the past, so I''ve just learned to go genderless most of the time.

When fooled, it's usually by the name or avatar or color scheme leaning feminine more than by the selection of topics or writing style.

For example. with your name and color selection, I would have assumed female in my head, though I probably still wouldn't have acknowledged that publicly.

I get a lotta beers and "dude" even when it's really me in my avatar (which was a test of this very theory) like now. LOL

In the real world, not that many women I know personally get into the tinfoil hat territory, but I think that here at ATS in general it's about half and half.
edit on 1/20/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

At first I was happy being totally anon, but after awhile the subject matter got it's evil little hooks into me. LOL
Personally I read posts as ideas linked to a pretty picture. (avatar) and each picture developes it's own voice over time.

Expat is gruff
Kangaewe is "homey"
Wrabbit is earnest

and so on....some posters I connect to their avatars and it's a rude mental jog when they change them because I filter their writings a little thu the image they themselves identify with. It was a shocker some of the gentlemen here pick some amazing female image avatars, but in "listening" to their writing I get back into the swing of things.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
I was listing people I'd want to lead us into a new era and they were all guys. I felt bad, but it didn't change anything and I couldn't think of a female.

Funny, I was perusing my bookshelves yesterday and it dawned on me that I only own ONE book written by a woman. Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand.

It's not something I've been conscious of doing over the years. Not really sure what this means.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8

What?! No Mary Shelley?!

And oh by the way? Up there? ^^^ I realize some women like beer! Hahaha...wasn't that a funny slip?

And I would give you a beer!
edit on 1/20/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join