It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog owners... sort your s*** out!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro
Whoa.....I actually thought this image was a joke but....

BBC

I really do feel sick now

Looking at the dental hygiene over there, I am not surprised.

ID

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Greetings,

Awwww she is so adorable. I really love these dogs, great companions indeed....my mother in law has two.

Thanks for sharing her with us.

Incidently, seeing as your a moderator who has pets....hows this pet forum coming along? Is there going to be one?

Spiro

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
I would employ armed police to patrol notorious 'hotspots', they would be under orders to shoot to kill if a dog owner allows its dog to poop without thoroughly cleaning it up. Shoot the owner not the dog.

Shoot to kill, huh? Certainly a punsihment befitting the crime.

Want to know what I hate? I hate people who wish death or harm to others as carried out by someone else. Why don't YOU patrol such hot spots and open fire on such horrible dog owners? No, you want the police to do it FOR YOU. Wouldn't it be better to drop the passive aggressive approach and have a kind word with said perpetrators?

Also, hot spots in my area usually have poop bag dispensers and trash cans. Maybe you can petition your municipality for those instead of a police presence.
edit on 20-1-2015 by RomaSempre because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre
As a less fatal approach I thought the Government could plant millions of dog**** sensing mines under the ground... all over England. If a dog poos then the mine senses it and blows up. Serioulsy injuring (but not killing) both dog and owner.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Maybe he wants the police to do it because they can get away with murder, and he cannot

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FireflyStars
a reply to: and14263

I am dying laughing with the image of poop-bag ornaments. I have some nice pink polka dot ones I can bring over.

I have pink camouflage ones in a mini fire hydrant that clip to my belt. They're attached to my house keys (the door automatically locks), so I HAVE to bring them on every walk. The dumpster is right by the elevator to my place, just a few steps away. I live on the fourth floor. My dog knows to go to the dumpster first to rid us of her waste, then walk to the elevator to go home. She then places her paws on my legs for a treat, if she has behaved and not jumped on anybody or tried taking off, she gets a treat. (Usually a small homemade dog cookie.) I know they're good for her, and she enjoys them. She's a tiny thing with a big personality. She's part Mini-Pincher, part-Parson Jack Russell, and Part Chihuahua. She's very smart! My daughter named her Calyssa after a Barbie Princess in a Barbie movie, but we call her Callie for short.

edit on 1/20/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro
Whoa.....I actually thought this image was a joke but....

BBC

I really do feel sick now

Ewww! How gross! Looks like a bad frat prank gone wrong!

Utterly disgusting. I was going to eat dinner. I think I'll wait awhile on that one now.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

LOL Nice rant, In Oz we changed the laws years ago and they are actively policed so that if your dog poops in public and you dont clean it you get an on the spot fine. Most parks have poop bags and disposal bins in them as wll so theres really no excuse for not doing the right thing

I like lists...

Come to the US, you will find a barrel of a shotgun as a welcome if you threaten me or my dog here. Don't worry I will inscribe a # bag on your tombstone.

I wouldn't call threatening dog owners and their pets with death "light hearted"...

Maybe that is just me. Regardless of how you catorgorize your thoughts, what you said is still a threat, and I will if you decide to carry out the so called "rant" react with equal real life justice.

People like this guy are why America should have stricter gun laws, how this guy in his mental state was able to (most likely legally) get a gun is beyond me and actually quite frightening

Certain states in the US have similar laws. If you don't pick up after your animal you can be fined immediately. Also, if you're living in an apartment, like mine, you can be evicted if you don't clean up after your pet.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Spiro

Not as much as you'd think. It's the brushing and combing and piles of hair that's the biggest headache.

My sister used to have a giant St. Bernard a long time ago. Dang thing ate a TON! It was about as big as your Pyrenees. Beautiful dog. It was funny to see this tiny 4'10" owner with this massive giant dog. But she loved her baby!
edit on 1/20/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
In my local city,
there's a $250 fine for abandoned pet waste.
They just don't enforce it.

I had to purchase and put up signs- some lady with a golden retriever (fairly large dog, as far as city pets go) likes to not pick up her messes. I've slipped on it mowing the lawn on several occasions- if I didn't wear steel toe boots all the time I'd have likely lost a toe after the last incident, where I was on a slight hill and my foot went under the mower deck.

I would videotape her if you can, then take the tape to animal control, or whatever they're called there. Tell them if they don't do something about it somebody is going to get seriously hurt! (Mention your lawnmower story so they don't think you mean terroristic threats. In this day and age, everyone is freaking out now.)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: and14263
However I think all dogs should be banned as pets.

Meet my old, lame, stinky beagle .... Daisy.

No need to ban Daisy. We, and everyone else in the neighborhood, all pick up the dog poop after walking them. It's the law. If you don't like dog poop being around, then get a law passed that it has to be picked up or the owner fined.

I ADORE Beagles. The neighbor across from my sister's has 2 of them. When I lived with my sister for 2 years, those Beagles KNEW when I walked out the door each and every time and each time I did, I had to go across the street to pet them. They were such sweeties!

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
I beg to differ. I think in England people do generally clean up after their pets. Certainly, I have no problem with dogs fouling the pavement in the places I visit.

To add that I did once have an issue with cats crapping in my garden.

Regards

Yeah, well said. It differs with the owners and the country/culture. I must say however that even I have encountered a lot of problems with dog owners. If they attack me, the owners don't even say sorry or look at me. But yeah I am glad that is not everyone. There are really nice ones to! Last time there was a little girl, really nice

posted on Feb, 2 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Tell me about it.

It happens in Los Angeles too. MY apartment is the only one for a few blocks with a patch of lawn in the front. SO every person who walks their dogs take them to my apartment building to take a dump. I would say 1 out of 3 never bother to pick up their dogs poop. One of three will put the poop in a doggie bag but then leave the bag right there on the lawn, in the bushes or literally like a treat on the sidewalk. Did I mention I am also right next to a elementary school playground and cross walk where kids are walking to school every day and their parents have to stop the littler ones from bending down and picking up the doggie baggies thinking there are treats in them. One out of three will actually pick up the poop and dispose of it properly. Not only is it disgusting but it breeds flies like crazy in the summer time. Hordes of horse flies buzzing in clouds over dog poop.

edit on 2-2-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join