It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog owners... sort your s*** out!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I love animals, they're cute, fluffy, warm and in the case of dogs, loyal.

However I think all dogs should be banned as pets. It's clear to me that most people in England who own dogs do not have the ability to clean up the stinky packages which pop out of its rear.

I would employ armed police to patrol notorious 'hotspots', they would be under orders to shoot to kill if a dog owner allows its dog to poop without thoroughly cleaning it up. Shoot the owner not the dog.

Even worse than this... some of those loser dog owners throw bags of dog poo into trees so the little black bags hang from the branches looking like a Christmas decoration on the tree of a disturbed psychopath with a fecal obsession.

Dog owners, sort your s*** out.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I beg to differ. I think in England people do generally clean up after their pets. Certainly, I have no problem with dogs fouling the pavement in the places I visit.

To add that I did once have an issue with cats crapping in my garden.

Regards
edit on 20/1/2015 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Greetings,

Good rant and at most I agree.

However, should you not be saying " I think some Dog Owners should be banned from owning dogs as pets "? I don't see your reasoning for banning dogs as pets if it's not the dogs fault in the first place, it's the owners.

In any case, yes, I see this a lot around the UK. Its just plain laziness and gives " Real Dog Owners " a bad name.

Also, shouldn't this be in the pets forum? Oh wait, we don't have one yet

Spiro

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

Just because it's easier to completely get rid of the problem by banning dogs. There would be no more poo. Full stop. If we banned the bad owners there would still be poo because some owners would slip through the net.

It's worse in areas with dense population, modern new build estates etc. Although it is also really bad in the countryside where people know they will not get seen. These are the worst people in society because they probably preach the right thing but their dog does its business, they have a shadey look around and move on. I rarely confront people, for whatever reason, but if your dog has just done its dirty work down my favourite country lane, I'm going to lose it at you.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Now then,

Banning dogs is taking away the rights of a human being to own such a great companion. I don't think we should therefor be banning anyone as its a human right to own one. Now, setting up a system in which bad owners could and would be outed makes much more sense to me.

I will disagree with you on fouling in the country, to an extent. I live in the country, people who live in the country are good at looking after their neighborhood however, its city folk whom seem to not grasp the concept of cleaning up, or at most SOME city folk....oh and townies who just come to the country three times a years and bring their bad habits with them.

Having said that, to contradict my self, some people should just not own one.

Spiro

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro

... Now, setting up a system in which bad owners could and would be outed makes much more sense to me.

....oh and townies who just come to the country three times a years and bring their bad habits with them.

Spiro

The system would be ideal. However in the spirit of a good rant I'm sticking by my blanket statement - ban all dogs then kill their owners.

You're right about the townies, these are the people I see down my country lanes not scooping the poop.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
get a grip you bloody tool.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AprilFooseball

Your dog and you would be first on my list. I can tell you are one of the 'Black Bag Hangers'.

(post by AprilFooseball removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Around my place dogs aren't the problem. We have people riding horses for fun. They never clean up after the deed, and man its a load. Is like 20 dogs crapping at once in the same place.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeussusZ

Around my place dogs aren't the problem. We have people riding horses for fun. They never clean up after the deed, and man its a load. Is like 20 dogs crapping at once in the same place.

You're totally right... but...

I would eat horse manure without retching, no problem, I'd probably not get too ill. Whereas if I ate dog soil? It can kill you, make you blind, make your head drop off even.

Even trailing a little bit in to your house from the bottom of your shoe... terrible.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AprilFooseball

Greetings,

Lighten up my good friend. It's only a light heartened rant

OP, the thing that gets me is the smell, dam its just not right at all. Years a go I done a little seasonal grass cutting for a company that is contracted to cut the grass around parks etc. I was a strimmer man and on many occasion strimmed dog poo all over me. I'm not kidding man, it was awful....didn't taste nice either

I think I'm gonna retch......

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I am a responsible dog owner here in America. I once had a large golden retriever who liked to poop a lot on his walks. I had to carry 5 or 6 bags to pick up all of it - every single day (all of it went into the garbage - not in the trees - WTF?). I worried about the environmental effect of all those plastic bags.

Someone needs to invent a non-toxic environmentally safe liquid, so that all it takes is a few drops on the poop to make it instantly dissolve into the ground. Just carry a small bottle with you on your walks and it's all good.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

Greetings,

LMAO at the last sentence

I would take horse poo over dog poo any day of the week. Horse manure has so many benefits. If you have a small holding or alotment where you grow veg, get your shovel out and collect all that horse poo and mix it into your soil. Does wonders for crops.

Dog poo on the the other hand? Meh, the stuff is so harmful to humans its not even funny.

I'm still retching here....

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I wouldn't call threatening dog owners and their pets with death "light hearted"...

Maybe that is just me. Regardless of how you catorgorize your thoughts, what you said is still a threat, and I will if you decide to carry out the so called "rant" react with equal real life justice.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I am dying laughing with the image of poop-bag ornaments. I have some nice pink polka dot ones I can bring over.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Greetings,

I have two sheep dogs and have to carry a lot of poo bags for them too, and then a larger bag to carry said smaller bags

I like your idea of a non toxic liquid, just a few sprays and its gone. Either that or the owners t-shirt....now that would be fun to see. In fact, they should make it the law lol

The place I see poo the most is on beaches, seriously. More so in the winter time when people actually believe the sea water will wash it away. Not if it's not within reach of the tide ffs.

Yep, still retching here.....

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiro

"More so in the winter time when people actually believe the sea water will wash it away."

Now I think I'M gonna wretch. Hahaha. Beware of floaters!!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FireflyStars

LMAO

It really does happen. I mean, I have seen people leave the poo bags RIGHT BESIDE A BIN....whats that all about? Just stick it in the dam bin!!!

Oh and yes please, I would like some pink polca dot bags sent over

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join