It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine month old shot dead by older brother

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Blame the parents for not teaching their children, and for leaving a loaded gun within the reach of a child.

Ultimately the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the parents . I just cant see any reason , none whatsover why a child could find a gun . Where are they putting these guns . Are people that scared of a home invasion being that rapid that they cant get to a well hidden gun .

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

And I am not the only living proof of that. It appears others in this thread experienced similar upbringings in regards to guns/gun safety.

You are living proof that one 5 year old was taught gun safety , not all . But then you go on to say that you had BB wars .

(Secretly, we had BB wars, but that was basically because we were mean little sh*ts that just like to put whelps on each others asses....lol)
Perhaps the lessons did not sink in as well as you thought they had . Or are BB guns not considered dangerous where you grew up . Just saying that 5 year olds are not at their optimum for learning and retaining things .

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Most kids also understood BB guns don't kill. I got shot in the leg by one and it felt like a bee sting.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

We didn't have BB wars until I was much older than 5....double that age anyways. We always had those old pump air rifles and we established rules about distance and how many pumps were allowed at different distances. That way, it was simply a "sting" effect, rather than the BB actually penetrating.
I said "secretly" because had we been caught doing that, we'd have been (and did indeed) get into trouble. Sore ass and all that.

It must have sunk in pretty well.
We would go hunting (me, my brother/step brother, cousins) with .22s and shotguns all the time. We would usually end up shooting old cans and targets and never once had anything one could even consider a "close call"....NEVER, in all that time. (almost always unsupervised, once it was established we were responsible enough...I think I was about 8 or 9 at that point)

And I disagree about young children being less apt to retain information and say, it is the contrary....muscle memory is formed MUCH easier when one is young. Much easier.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Most kids also understood BB guns don't kill. I got shot in the leg by one and it felt like a bee sting.

Tell the birds that BB guns don't kill.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
At 5 I knew better not to touch a gun, wouldn't dare, but even still, I think it was a dumb move to let me know where the gun was and that it was accessible. A friend could have come along and convinced me that guns hurting people was a story like the tooth fairy, and and 5, who knows, I might have believed them. Just not worth the risk.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Not even BB guns should be shot at people I wouldn't do it.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

My childhood era was the 50's and 60's. It was a different time. Shotguns and rifles were just a part of life and sat in the corner with bullets put away. We weren't concerned about birds, since our parents hunted them.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Yes, because human flesh is as fragile as the skin of a bird.

Do you ever have anything relevant to say, or do you just like to argue for the sake of argument?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

No...not really.
But, that is besides the point.

.....In my experience, paint balls hurt worse than most BB "wounds"....(especially when "the enemy" freezes their paint balls in the damned freezer the night before. OUCH!)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

My childhood era was the 50's and 60's. It was a different time. Shotguns and rifles were just a part of life and sat in the corner with bullets put away. We weren't concerned about birds, since our parents hunted them.

Of course you weren't concerned about birds.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

Do you ever have anything relevant to say, or do you just like to argue for the sake of argument?

The claim was that BB guns don't kill. I correctly pointed out that they do.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
"Don't touch!" is the only education many children receive regarding guns. How often does this work for anything else? Human beings are curious by nature.

Parents have a responsibility to keep their kids away from knives, fire, toxic chemicals, busy roads, dangerous animals, drowning hazards, metal things in electrical outlets, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. until they reach an age where they can be taught why those things are dangerous.

Why are guns the only inanimate object that certain individuals blame for people's actions?
edit on 1/23/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

You know good and well that he was referring to humans, not birds. You just love goading people.
edit on 1/23/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

You know good and well that he was referring to humans, not birds. You just love goading people.

Face it, the lock-and-loaders are unconcerned about any lives other than their own and those of the people they think they own.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Face it, the lock-and-loaders are unconcerned about any lives other than their own and those of the people they think they own.

What evidence do you have to back up that statement?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join