It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nine month old shot dead by older brother

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I dont think i am the only one that saw that horrible video of that baby the other day, who was being taped playing with a handgun by both or one of the parents . Apparently the father was a cop , anyone know the one i am talking about ?

First that , then this . In such a short time too .

This kind of thing is a tearjerker .

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Omega85

The father was not a cop.

The father was wanted by the cops for armed robbery and attempting to sell the weapon in the video illegally to an undercover cop.

It is pretty clear the weapon itself was probably stolen.
edit on pTue, 20 Jan 2015 05:53:10 -0600201520America/Chicago2015-01-20T05:53:10-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Teach children gun-safety from day one.
Guns are not toys.

And parents shouldn't have loaded guns where children are. You can teach a kid all you want but children are more prone to mistakes, they do not know the full consequences.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622
I grew up in an era that had no gun locks, and guns were everywhere. Not one person I grew up with or around is dead because of something like this. As a youth, I had access to a variety of guns, but I also had parents who took the time to teach me about them. Don't blame congress. Blame the anti-gun crowd for giving every gun a soul, and a life of its own. Blame the parents for not teaching their children, and for leaving a loaded gun within the reach of a child.

The tragedy in this story, is that one child is dead, and another will never forget that day for as long as he lives. All due to the ignorance and negligence of the parent(s).

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
My grandfather, born 1898, taught me to keep the ammo separate from the weapon when at home. I don't know what happened to common sense. Of course, he was not a scared little man who needed to be armed 24 hours.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yeah, I was about to say....

How anyone came away from that story thinking that fool was a cop is beyond me.

...someone really needs to work on their reading comprehension....

....wow.

(P.S....to the guy that said that. He was 19 years old. How many 19 year old cops do you know)

ETA:......this was a case of negligence. Nothing more, nothing less.
As others have said till we're all blue in the face. You CANNOT legislate away stupidity and lack of common sense.
edit on 20-1-2015 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Yes...yes you can.
And I am not the only living proof of that. It appears others in this thread experienced similar upbringings in regards to guns/gun safety.

I had both as a child. Toys and real guns.
There were times I was whipped for pointing TOY guns at people "for fun". And then there were times that the brothers and I played "war games" and got to do all that. (Secretly, we had BB wars, but that was basically because we were mean little sh*ts that just like to put whelps on each others asses....lol)....Had we got caught doing that, we'd have been toast and unable to sit for 2 days!

You can teach them and if you are going to do it properly it HAS to be from day one.

By the time I was 5-6 I knew which guns killed (all of the real ones) and which were for "play".....and knew when "play time" was and when "serious time" was.....(note to self....didn't take long to learn that pointing "toys" at family was a HUGE...NO)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Exactly...teach gun safety from an early age.

And as a parent, don't leave guns in such a place as they can be accessed by a 5 year old.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: infolurker

Well yes, prescription drugs are getting more and more regulated...

And actually many are calling for them to be taken off the market.

So yes you are right, lets regulate things that kill people.

But prescription drugs save more people than kill them. The answer is not to remove something but to educate people on safe use and storage.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Ya i should have said pain killers and other controlled medications.

It was more just a point that what that poster was bringing up does have the heat the poster was implying doesn't exist

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

How about stop blaming anyone but the parents?

Don't get what the guns having souls comment was about, sounds like passing the blame tho.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Some parents are just not thinking.

We were visiting at my brother in laws house one night a few months ago when my four year old daughter ran outside to me screaming and crying that she's been shot.
I found a pellet gun wound on her upper arm. She had been playing in a bedroom with my son and three nephews...all under ten.
While I was at the ER with her, my husband was getting to the bottom of what happened. He found out that our nephews dad told his told him that he could play with the pellet gun in the house since it wasn't loaded. He's seven by the way.Obviously it actually was loaded! He was stoned and tired of the kid pestering him so he just gave in.
It took all my husbands self control not to kill him.
Thankfully my daughter was fine. The pellet bounced off. She was traumatized though because she truly believed that she was going to die.
Anyway, I'm just telling this story to remind parents that even if you take every precaution necessary, you never know how idiotic another person might be about gun safety. Just keep it in mind when visiting other peoples homes.

edit on 20-1-2015 by JessicaRabbitTx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx

That is my take on this gun worshipping that has taken over since 08. They have left the safety of children and put their lives on their pulpit. God, this country has lost all its heart.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
In some places teaching a child firearm safety is considered child endangerment by the authorities. I have posted on other threads about having the local children's authorities investigate me for teaching my nephew how to shoot so that he could tryout for the HIGH SCHOOL RIFLE TEAM. As far as having a mandatory "I.Q. Test" before you can own a gun, I think it is a good idea, but, I have reservations about it. If the wrong people get into power, the test could have the same issues as we currently have with CCW permits except this would apply to all weapons.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya i should have said pain killers and other controlled medications.

It was more just a point that what that poster was bringing up does have the heat the poster was implying doesn't exist

That's cool. Yeah, some people want to ban prescription pain killers all together due to abuse and diversion and accidental OD, but then you get cancer patients who suffer in unnecessary pain. Regardless the issue, one simply cannot legislate away negligence or incompetence.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Regardless the issue, one simply cannot legislate away negligence or incompetence.

If we could, the Government would be toast.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Ya I agree, you can't legislate stupid.

You can do something about the tool being used by them though.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JessicaRabbitTx
Some parents are just not thinking.

We were visiting at my brother in laws house one night a few months ago when my four year old daughter ran outside to me screaming and crying that she's been shot.
I found a pellet gun wound on her upper arm. She had been playing in a bedroom with my son and three nephews...all under ten.
While I was at the ER with her, my husband was getting to the bottom of what happened. He found out that our nephews dad told his told him that he could play with the pellet gun in the house since it wasn't loaded. He's seven by the way.Obviously it actually was loaded! He was stoned and tired of the kid pestering him so he just gave in.
It took all my husbands self control not to kill him.
Thankfully my daughter was fine. The pellet bounced off. She was traumatized though because she truly believed that she was going to die.
Anyway, I'm just telling this story to remind parents that even if you take every precaution necessary, you never know how idiotic another person might be about gun safety. Just keep it in mind when visiting other peoples homes.

Unfortunately, reminding idiots of something is a waste of time. I'm sorry your daughter and you had to go through that. Your husband used admirable restraint. Do you plan to visit that home again? I wouldn't give them a second chance.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: JessicaRabbitTx

That is my take on this gun worshipping that has taken over since 08. They have left the safety of children and put their lives on their pulpit. God, this country has lost all its heart.

Interesting that you should mention God. God and guns go together. They're inextricably linked in this lock-and-load and kill for Jesus culture.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Well it's my husbands sisters house, and she's an amazing aunt. She wasn't their when it happened and she was extremely upset about it. Her husband (the one who made the mistake) definitely was in the the doghouse and had to listen to my husband tear into him too. Even my daughter gave a piece of her mind. She told him very plainly that he needed to get rid of all the guns! She also wanted every boy in the house to get a spankin but of course it wasn't their fault.
It's close family so we'll still visit. The pellet gun actually went in the garbage that night. We will be more cautious when visiting anyone though. It taught us a lesson.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join