It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Troops Have Done Nothing for Me.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: honested3

With regards to Iraq, I have yet to be convinced about any justifiable reason for the invasion. I still went there because as a soldier I don't get to pick and choose the conflicts I am involved in. When I joined I was fighting the IRA in my own country. When I went to Iraq I went as a soldier. I don't have the right to question the morality of a war my country has deemed legal. I took an oath to obey all legal orders given to me by officers and generals set over me. At the time it was deemed legal. Do I agree with the invasion? No. That doesn't mean I get to refuse to go. I did volunteer for the Army. I like being a soldier. As a military man you train constantly for war. You don't turn it down when it happens. Soldiers generally don't give a crap about the politics. We may bitch about it when it gets a bit tough, but we will do our job. If you don't like it you get out. But when you're in you do your job.

As for Afghanistan - we were invited in by the government of the country to help with reconstruction and security. The Taliban was taking over the elected government and was in the process of dragging the place back into the stone age. We were attacked by the Taliban. In 2006 we were out numbered and pinned down for several months, cut off in small, isolated government buildings, ready to be overrun. Trust me - I was in one of those platoon houses. We had little water, almost no food and down to the ammunition in our pouches. We were burning personal photos and letters in case the enemy found them on our bodies. We had to use all resources available to survive including mortars, artillery and fast air. This made us pretty unpopular with the locals and gave the Taliban support. The government of Afghanistan begged us to stay to help security and train their military as they didn't have the capability. I would hardly call this an invasion. Poor planning and short sighted for sure, but not an invasion.
edit on 21-1-2015 by PaddyInf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

"It was fought for by people not in the red or blue coats, but fought by the people of the land for that right". ~militia men aka National Guard.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
You do not anger me, you sicken me. The Riot POLICE are not the military, and they aren't stopping you from seeking 'justice' they're stopping you from burning down some poor individuals livelihood.

Patriotism = Christianity? ~ need I say more about this arrogant and baseless comment.

I do not ask for your sympathy, nor do I expect you to empathize. This would be unfair mostly because you haven't got the slightest clue what it's like to be a combat veteran, and therefore must rely on gut feelingss.

I'm curious to whether or not the people you know whom served in the armed forces were told how you feel toward them.

Just sit and think for more than the end of this paragraph on how your life would truly be without the military. It would be you relying solely on yourself to defend against invaders

reply to:honested3

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I'm fairly sure the movie "American Sniper" was made in a direct result to more people feeling the way you have. The shock and terror of 9/11 has worn off for the most part.

I've noticed that despite most domestic terrorism NOT being from Muslims, all we hear in our media is fear of Muslims.

There seems to be a concerted effort to keep us afraid from people very far away, and a people that are a very small minority in our own home.

Ask yourself why...

madworldnews.com...

Just one of many sites talking about the FBI report of 22 Training camps in the US.

THe issue is that you need to focus on the word RADICAL in the term radical Muslims. Not all Muslims are radical.

My wife is Muslim and thinks these jihadist and ISIS types are crazy.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well, if you look up old 'Honest Ed', you'll see why he is less than favorable of our service men...he couldn't pass any physical to get in!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I feel much the same about all the 'Help For Heroes' stuff here in the UK. I certainly don't have any issue with soldiers of my Grandfather's generation - called up with no choice to find himself dragging his sorry arse across Gold Beach on D-Day - though in truth I'm sure he was only fighting for his mates and his wife and baby son back home, rather than some higher notion of King and Country. But it's the professional soldiers of recent decades that grate with me, joining-up as a career choice to protect me from what exactly? Non-existent 'terrorist' threats, illegal wars, CCTV on every corner and the government poking its' nose into more of my life with each passing day. Yeah, thanks for all that.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: honested3

As a veteran, I have to agree with you. Spot on.

Don't mind the blind patriots hating on you. Comes with the territory of going against the grain and seeing things for how they really are.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
HOW foolish NOT to know you require any defense,and simple minded to believe the TROOPS are at fault...

The only defense required by the US or the American people is our own Militia, armed as they are supposed to be, just as our Illegal standing army is.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Oh look another bash the soldiers thread...same #### different day. Again and again I hear the troops are hired mercenaries for the corporations. They don't fight for our freedoms, they fight for warmongers. Yet at the same time clocking in at the same corporation they are bitching about the soldiers working for.

How about you go live in a country where the wars are being fought and actually witness whats going on instead of believing everything you read on a conspiracy website.

Lol, yes witness the destruction of free states and their enslavement into the World banking scheme of geopolitical structural manipulation.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AmenStop

So isolationism will SAVE us AFTER our passed leaders have screwed so many?
HAVE YOU GRADUATED HIGHSCHOOL?
WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT IS,just react to it.

NOT to strategically minded ,if at all..

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
HHHMMMM, seems two of the most loud mouthed ones are both from Seattle. Probably holding hands and skipping down the street wanting to be with Ostupid and his boy friend.
But then again Seattle is the only place in the US with a statue of Lenin!!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder Crimea was longer the Russian and Soviet than Texas in US, Tibet was the slave system and the Dalai Lama's largest slaveholder 20th century

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: honested3
You people are brainwashed down to the level of your religion, Patriotism = Christianity in your minds.

God bless America, land of the brainwashed murderes.

You tag yourself as "Thorn in the Atheists Side"; your signature reads "Trying not to fit into the stereotypical mold of a Christian with poor grammar and spelling lol."

I'm throroughly confused honested3: if you are a Christian, how on earth do you spew such hatred??

I am neither brainwashed nor a murderer. I am, however, quite proud of and grateful to our men and women in uniform.

J

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dismanrc

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I'm fairly sure the movie "American Sniper" was made in a direct result to more people feeling the way you have. The shock and terror of 9/11 has worn off for the most part.

I've noticed that despite most domestic terrorism NOT being from Muslims, all we hear in our media is fear of Muslims.

There seems to be a concerted effort to keep us afraid from people very far away, and a people that are a very small minority in our own home.

Ask yourself why...

madworldnews.com...

Just one of many sites talking about the FBI report of 22 Training camps in the US.

THe issue is that you need to focus on the word RADICAL in the term radical Muslims. Not all Muslims are radical.

My wife is Muslim and thinks these jihadist and ISIS types are crazy.

They are trying to talk your wife into joining ISIS. That's why they always focus on the Muslim part. They want to be warriors for jesus( lol) and they need bad guys to do that. That takes the argument of weather Christianity is real away. Then it's about what's worse being Christian or Muslim. Just like the crazies, they want the other 1.799999billion Muslims to buy into the jihad stuff or convert to Christianity. Conservative media is the best recruiting tool aquidea ever had.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Except they DID do something. They became soldiers while you sat here on your butt.

Doesn't matter if the war is right or wrong.

What the soldiers chose to do was fight for you. Yes they might be misled as well--in fact, I think that they are. But their reason for becoming soldiers was right. And that morality is what they did for you. So at least respect that and don't hate on them.

originally posted by: LadyJae

originally posted by: honested3
You people are brainwashed down to the level of your religion, Patriotism = Christianity in your minds.

God bless America, land of the brainwashed murderes.

You tag yourself as "Thorn in the Atheists Side"; your signature reads "Trying not to fit into the stereotypical mold of a Christian with poor grammar and spelling lol."

I'm throroughly confused honested3: if you are a Christian, how on earth do you spew such hatred??

I am neither brainwashed nor a murderer. I am, however, quite proud of and grateful to our men and women in uniform.

J

It's not good to judge one another.

But yes I agree that speaking out random hatred isn't a very Christian-like thing to do. Also, why would you want to be a thorn in Aethiests' sides? Shouldn't you love them as well and accept them as they are and just be chill? Like, why be all confrontational? Peace haha

edit on 22-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Getting chaptered out of the Chair Force doesn't make you a veteran a reply to: higherconscience

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RonPalmer

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

If you don't like the way the UK is at home then lobby for something else. Campaign to the local community leaders and your MP.

Don't blame the military for the actions of the democratically elected individuals who the public voted for.

The military will serve the government in power at that time, whichever one that is. It will work for the policies put in place by the elected cabinet. If you don't like it then use your vote.

More people in the UK voted for the X Factor final than in the last general election. I would suggest that if the public want change they need to work for it. Then again it's just easier blaming the guys on the ground instead of actually doing something about it.

It's like punching someone on the face and blaming the hand.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

Agreed. Sending off soldiers to war is a thing that is paid and funded for by the military--an offshoot of the government--which, in turn, is due to whatever electoral procedure your country has (ie. the voter) if your country is democratically run, so to speak. This is basic comparative government and politics.

Sigh.

For goodness sake people, have some class--don't blame the soldiers. Use your brains and stop the blind hatred.

I have friends that are soldiers. They're great people.
edit on 22-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The day a voluntary job becomes something the "lesser" people are expected to prostrate themselves over while spilling forth sycophancy is the day it wasn't worth squat. We've hit that point, in terms of putting the military on an indisputable pedestal.

You signed up? Good for you, want a pat on the back for doing your job? How about a round of back patting for all the special snowflakes that earn a living somehow, too? I'll start with the politicians, they are the ones who've written & amended everything people mistakenly thank the military for. Granted, those same politicians are now taking those freedoms back bit by bit. Who are you going to thank now for your freedoms pittance? It's not like we're in the midst of a revolution where the military said F the government, and has actually started to defend said freedoms from those who actively aim to remove them.

The military should be held in no higher regard than the local, county or state police. Defense of the people is defense of the people, way to rework a job into something next to godliness. To revere the military & compel others to do the same whether they want to or not is foolish, and one big step closer to fascism. Does that end result make it all worth the tours of duty now?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I do not ask to be put on a pedestal, in fact, I know I'm no better than the men and women who Defend this country and most whom reside within it.

I'm trying to understand your logic, are you suggesting that Americans who support their veterans whether placing them on a pedestal or not and oppose you for not doing the same are in some ways leading this country into a nature of fascism? inreply to: Nyiah

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join