It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Troops Have Done Nothing for Me.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

I am tired of hearing how the troops fought for my rights as an American citizen and that I should somehow owe them anything. Well I don't own them anything and I don't feel they have fought for my rights in any of the wars in the last 100 or so years. I assure you I am not trolling, but hearing about how I need to pay my respects to the men and women of the armed forces because they did so much for me when they haven't done squat. The armed forces are murderers who fight only for corporate greed by raping and pillaging others. Sure there might be good men and women who are veterans, I have nothing against them as people and I know lives have been lost and have been saved, but I see the armed forces as a whole not anything to glorify or commend but only to be ashamed of.

That is all.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: honested3

I think you would feel differently if you had some loved ones in the Twin Towers on 9/11.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

"If you can read this thank a teacher, if you can read this in english, thank a soldier" unknown

I assure you, you would be speaking german right now if not for soldiers.

Or russian, or korean...etc.

You are safe to talk crap, because everyone else is worried about our soldiers if they try to take what is ours.

I wonder...have you ever read any history?

Tibet wouldnt be chinese if they had a powerful military.

Crimea would still be part of Ukraine etc.....

Think it through guy.....

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I hope you will at least feel differently if war ever comes to our shores. If people did not sign up "to protect your freedoms/life" how would you expect for us to be prepared if the above ever happened?? I hope that you don't doubt that this is a real possibility. It would be impossible to mobilize enough folks to make a difference before all hell broke loose.

Also consider those that come in during natural disasters. The national guard is always prepared in case something happens on a scale that local officers can not handle. They dig for your loved ones who have been buried in rubble regardless of the cause. They go into the swelled and rushing waters to save your family because they didn't listen when told not to drive over the bridge during the flood. They go in when everyone else is coming out.

It's not all as black and white as you would like it. There are gray areas.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The title sounds like one of them "entitlement threads". Entitled to this. Entitled to that. Go visit Arlington National Cemetery and spend a day there and think about it when you come back here and speak your mind, which incidentally would land you in a concentration camp or worse in many countries.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
You're free to spout your ignorant ungrateful opinion on an internet forum because of American servicemen/women... so... there's one thing they've done for you.
edit on 1/19/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

You do know ats has a rant section and this belongs there.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Agree with the OP, why should I thank the cannon-fodder? why not thank the arms manufacturers or politicians that start the wars? "Thank you George Bush for making the world a less safer place, thankyou BAE for making bombs that kill innocents..."

And spare me the hyperbole about speaking German--I'm multi-lingual, which is something I am proud of, not this anglo-americentric hegemony that ONLY SPEAK AMERICAN!!!

Go sit on an IED.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
Agree with the OP, why should I thank the cannon-fodder? why not thank the arms manufacturers or politicians that start the wars? "Thank you George Bush for making the world a less safer place, thankyou BAE for making bombs that kill innocents..."

And spare me the hyperbole about speaking German--I'm multi-lingual, which is something I am proud of, not this anglo-americentric hegemony that ONLY SPEAK AMERICAN!!!

Go sit on an IED.

If you ever need help from the police or fire department, make sure you tell them your opinion of the troops since most of them are former military. The irony is, they'll still help you.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I agree, when they start protecting this country instead of business interests and political ideology. Then they may have my respect. If they had any brains they would know these wars are illegal and not endorsed by the rest of the world or the UN ( how many times did the USA use not getting permission from UN to attack someone as an act of war and then jump in on it?) If they had any morals they would refuse orders. FK them they don't protect me. Just a bunch of fake reasons for war to raid resources and force political ideology on others.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkwingduck

I think you would feel differently if you had some loved ones in the Twin Towers on 9/11.

And the troops have made anywhere in the West more safe? Have they brought those loved ones back from the dead?
If the military was sufficient, those planes would have never been flown into the towers. I have met many people in the military and they are all brainwashed wanna be Alpha males, and now they are patrolling our streets behind a shield or consuming hospipatals with PTSD, caused not by war but the military itself.

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
You're free to spout your ignorant ungrateful opinion on an internet forum because of American servicemen/women... so... there's one thing they've done for you.

I don't see what freedom of speech has to do with servicemen and women. Freedom of speech is the priority of the Constitution, and the war fought to ensure this to us was not governed by a singular militatry. It was fought for by people not in the red or blue coats, but fought by the people of the land for that right.

To say that we would have no right to express our freedoms of speech unless there was a military guarding that principal is absolutley farce in today's world. Look at the SONY hack attack, look at Charlie Hedbo, look at innocent protesters getting baraged by their own practicing citizens by mace, rubber bullets, and imprisonment. The military is only worthwhile when they guard their own citizens. Last time I checked, fighting in the Middle East is not doing so. They are not protecting America, they are protecting corporations backed by senators, and gathering oil fields and land. America kills more innocents on a yearly basis than innocents have been killed on Americas soil, so who are the real terrorists?

Plus the fact that the armed forces preys on the weak and poor in order to indoctrinate their immoral values upon them, seeing them as robots to kill for their own higher valued well being is disgusting. See past the curtain.

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
The title sounds like one of them "entitlement threads". Entitled to this. Entitled to that. Go visit Arlington National Cemetery and spend a day there and think about it when you come back here and speak your mind, which incidentally would land you in a concentration camp or worse in many countries.

what a bunch of crap. he/she sure is entitled. entitled to their opinion. the much-vaunted 'freedoms' 'our' soldiers have 'earned' for us are rules we must obey. look, here, even criticising the sainted military gets one instantly flamed.

we're so goddamned free we can only raise our concerns when and where the authorities say we can. and if we say something out of popular, and PC, favour we actually run the risk of arrest and jail. for our thoughts. but hell yeah let's continue to spend trillions of dollars and pounds on the greatest single reason humanity is still on the bottom rung of any ladder to cohesive evolutionary togetherness. war. and gee why not militarize the cops while we're at it?

what could go wrong?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: honested3
Hi ATS,

I am tired of hearing how the troops fought for my rights as an American citizen and that I should somehow owe them anything. Well I don't own them anything and I don't feel they have fought for my rights in any of the wars in the last 100 or so years. I assure you I am not trolling, but hearing about how I need to pay my respects to the men and women of the armed forces because they did so much for me when they haven't done squat. The armed forces are murderers who fight only for corporate greed by raping and pillaging others. Sure there might be good men and women who are veterans, I have nothing against them as people and I know lives have been lost and have been saved, but I see the armed forces as a whole not anything to glorify or commend but only to be ashamed of.

That is all.

Can you elaborate on your vision of where you would be right now, and what you'd be doing, if the U.S. had disbanded our armed forces in 1915?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
If you ever need help from the police or fire department, make sure you tell them your opinion of the troops since most of them are former military. The irony is, they'll still help you.

Isn't that why they get paid by the taxes of their own neighboring citizens? If they refused to help due to someones standpoint on a subject, they would be as ineffective as congress. Last time I checked, firefighters have few and far more representatives in their fraternity whom have served in the military in comparison to the police. I know this as my dad is a captain for the fire department. He know only one person on the force that was in the military, and travels from house to house, however, there are more than 10 that he knows that are on the PD. i have talked to him personally and he has told me there is close to a war raging in the department of Police officers by military and non military. Each has their own views on how to handle citizens who pose no harm, yet are in the way.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I support in no way war in any form.

I support only world peace.

Peace is the answer.

Let me know when the troops actually start working towards world peace.
Let me know when the troops actually start defending freedom and justice within the borders of the USA from the corporate greed that has infested the country.
Let me know when the troops actually start defending freedom and justice within the borders of the USA from racism.
Let me know when the troops actually start defending freedom and justice within the borders of the USA from lying politicians.
Let me know when the troops actually start defending freedom and justice within the borders of the USA the evils of materialism.
Let me know when the troops actually start defending freedom and justice within the borders of the USA from inequality and poverty.
Let me know when the troops actually start defending freedom and justice within the borders of the USA from police brutality.
Let me know when the troops actually start defending our right to privacy within the borders of the USA.
Let me know when the troops actually start defending freedom of science within the borders of the USA.
Just let me know when the troops actually start defending freedom and justice within the borders of the USA at all.
edit on 20-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Not much to say without being accused of flaming. So I'll just leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
HOW foolish NOT to know you require any defense,and simple minded to believe the TROOPS are at fault...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
World peace is the only acceptable answer.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

look, here, even criticising the sainted military gets one instantly flamed.

"Flamed?"

Reading words you don't like on an internet forum directed at an anonymous avatar is the metaphorical equivalent of getting hit by a flame thrower or something?

You're proving your adversary's point.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. That does not mean you're entitled to NOT hear criticism from those who find it foolish.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join