It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOA won't let man park his truck in his driveway

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Ugh I hate HOA's I used to work security and was terminated of my supervisor position because I wouldn't tow a vehicle for this very same reason. The only dif is the guy I refused to tow left his magnetic sign on his door. Some HOAs have the stupidest rules.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I can't tell from the picture, but is that a plow on the front of the truck?

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
That's only an f150- they're huge these days, but still significantly smaller than many personal trucks I see on the road on my daily commute.

Glad I knew better than to move in somewhere with an HOA- my personal truck has an 8'x6' aluminum flatbed.
Granted, it's probably still smaller than a new f150...

edit:

no way it's a plow on the front- it doesn't extend out to clear the road for the front wheels. Probably just something sitting in the driveway.
edit on 20-1-2015 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
HOAs the association for people that can't exist in the real world. All snooty , busy body, nosey types that wander the place telling everyone else what to do.

The most snooty, busy bodied, nosey of them all climb to the top and become members of the board where they can sit all hooty and hi browed, telling everyone what they can't do.

Put away your garbage cans, no garden hoses left out, no signs in windows, no open garages, no kids bikes or scooters on porches, I'd need a book to go on…

All to keep the place beautiful and nice.

The real reasons behind such a plethora of gestapo rules and regulations are insurance and real estate values.

Both industries write the rules, both want to control everyone and everything.

Its an "association" you have every right they want you to, you belong to them. If they had their way the whole country would be one great big association they could lord over for a "fee".

edit on 20-1-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I bought a place on a run down golf course once. No problems till new owners and new homes then a HoA that told me my lot was too big my driveway needed paved and on and on. tried to charge me $50 a month to get their news letter and go to their meetings. Finally after 3-4 times to court the judge told them to back off I was grandfathered in.

I had a log home on 5 acres but they wanted me to sell the property on both sides and cut my backyard trees to the golf course And tear my pole barn down because it was too close to the course.

I finally moved

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I feel for the guy, this is one of those things I wish there was an acception for. Not everyone can run right out & replace their wheels. Then again, it is a HOA, and he knew what he was getting into...

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: BMorris

There are times where I've wished there was a HOA in some houses where I've lived. Some people are filthy and completely unconcerned with how their actions affect others. People with trash and junked cars strewn about their lawns. People letting their dogs run around, people that are loud all the time.

I have one where I currently live (condo) and frankly it's been nice. I have a very stupid neighbor that does very stupid things and they keep his ass in line but leave the rest of us alone.

Yeah, our last place was a condo, too. Not multi-level, just single, but it was still an HOA place. They had their rules for how much clutter could be on the front porches, you couldn't just plant whatever you please in the "garden" plot in front of your windows, etc. Those were things basically no one complained about, but they sure did love telling people who wanted screen doors on their front doors "no". I mean, seriously? It's an enclosed front porch entry, no one sees the doors but the resident...We & many others would have loved an amendment to the HOA rules that allowed front screen doors, but the damned board was full of prissy old assholes who said no to every idea a resident brought forth. And god forbid they found out an idea came from a renter & not a resident, even if all the residents were on board (I suggested covered parking for assigned spots in front of units, neighbors LOVED the idea) They'll nix any idea from a renter in a heartbeat. HOAs can be a good system if run fairly, or an infuriating brick wall.
edit on 1/20/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Power corrupts absolutely . . .

Some people get a little power and it goes to their head.

But, in this case there is nothing that I'm reading that says he can't have a truck.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'd NEVER live in a HOA
MY HOUSE, I pay the bills, frak the HOA

top topics

<< 1   >>

join