It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update Ukraine army regains Donesk Airport re establishes front lines....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Wow, the ukraine war is getting hotter.....I think new material has gotten to the western leaning gov boys.....
I wonder what Putins answer will be? Or is this in answer to Russia with holding gas supplies to the west......

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling

I wonder what Putins answer will be?

I have NO IDEA what the "answer will be".

HOWEVER ... someone seems to have some OPINION(s):

January 19, 2015

Israel Shamir is a Russian-born Jew and Israeli citizen.

Perhaps, the invisible financiers went too far. Instead of being cowed, the Russians are preparing for a real long war, as they and their ancestors have historically fought – and won. It is not like they have a choice: though Americans insist Russia should join their War-on-Terrorism-II, they do not intend to relinquish sanctions.

The Russians do not know how to deal with a financial attack. Without capital restrictions, Russia will be cleaned out. Russian Central bank and Treasury people are strict monetarists, capital restrictions are anathema for them. Putin, being a liberal himself, apparently trusts them. Capital flight has taken huge proportions. Unless Russia uses the measures successfully tried by Mohammad Mahathir of Malaysia, it will continue. At present, however, we do not see sign of change.

This could be the incentive for Putin to advance in Ukraine. If the Russians do not know how to shuffle futures and derivatives, they are expert in armour movements and tank battles. Kiev regime is also spoiling for a fight, apparently pushed by the American neocons. It is possible that the US will get more than what it bargained for in the Ukraine.

One can be certain that Russians will not support the Middle Eastern crusade of NATO, as this military action was prepared at the Charlie demo in Paris. It is far from clear who killed the cartoonists, but Paris and Washington intend to use it for reigniting war in the Middle East. This time, Russia will be in opposition, and probably will use it as an opportunity to change the uncomfortable standoff in the Ukraine. Thus supporters of peace in the Middle East have a good reason to back Russia.
He often has interesting things to say

edit on 19-1-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
There is a lot of interlocked pieces bumping into each other on the grand chessboard right now......
Reminds me of the guys spinning plates on broom sticks setting more and more in motion till they have to run madly around the stage spinning plates on sticks and adding more till eventually....inevitably..........
WW3 is definitely being skirmished here and there world wide.....it seems nobody is going to back down......
From the Caucases to the Spratleys the big half of the world is restless....
What a stupid way to waste the world resources...by fighting over them....

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Apparently Putin's answer is to send 2 battalions into Ukraine to stabilize the Donetsk airport battle and try to regain it.

edition.cnn.com...

It seems to me Ukraine is trying to provoke Russia to do exactly this and collect evidence so Ukraine can get more support from the EU. It is clear now that some EU countries are supplying weapons to Ukraine finally.
edit on 20-1-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well it would appear that we are now closer to actual all out war than we were two days ago.......
Your addition on Russian troops kind of locks it up........

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

Ukraine stated more Russian units crossed the border into Ukraine and have moved towards the airport area. With Russian media showing Russians soldiers fighting there I think the 800 pound gorilla in the room just got noticed.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

With Russian media showing Russians soldiers fighting there I think the 800 pound gorilla in the room just got noticed.

That Gorilla was was noticed as soon as it went into Crimea.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yet, Russia doesnt want to acknowledge any Russian servicemen deaths that have occured fighting in "militia's" in Ukraine.

Russian authorities state to families of dead rusian soldiers, that they didnt know they were there and they shiouldnt have been.

I see that going down well in russia.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Melbourne_Militia
Yet, Russia doesnt want to acknowledge any Russian servicemen deaths that have occured fighting in "militia's" in Ukraine.

Russian authorities state to families of dead rusian soldiers, that they didnt know they were there and they shiouldnt have been.

I see that going down well in russia.

They did the same thing when the USSR invaded Afghanistan. Eventually, when the government couldn't explain why thousands of soldiers were being killed on "training exercises", it blew up in their face.

As for what we are seeing now -
KaBoom

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Ukraine stated more Russian units crossed the border into Ukraine

I am quite sure Ukraine has never lied before.

Oh and yeah about the report.

Russian military forces and equipment have entered Ukraine, Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk says, according to a report from Ukraine's state-run media on Monday.

Ukraine's state-run media, Just like the North Korean State run media to. I am sure they are very truthful just like they were when they claimed that they destroyed the Russian aid convoy.
edit on 21-1-2015 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

And Russian media doesn't lie?

As I stated Russian media has shown images of Russian military fighting in Ukraine. Or is Russian media lying about that?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The Ruskies are in Ukraine.....that's definite.....what strengths and what units is up for debate....they say BUK systems crossed so the Ukrainian airforce is partly checkmated from ground support roles.....
This alone could have a blunting effect on the Ukrainian offensive....a few days more should see some results of this invasion....good or bad depending....

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

www.businessinsider.com...

Clear video of Russian Marines at the Donetsk Airport...although the location isn't proven 100% it is where the video was taken I believe.

The video is from Russian state TV ...hahaha!
edit on 21-1-2015 by noeltrotsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

NATO has already started changing its tone on Ukraine joining. I think the longer Russia delays and drags this out the closer we are going to come to open hostilities that will eventually include a direct confrontation between NATO and Russia.

I am fairly certain I know what your leaning is on this but I hope beyond hope Putin is removed before he ends the world.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

yeah and whats ironic are how pro Russians are now trying to down play their presence. Its not enough they are being shown in Russian media fighting in Ukraine. Now its the how many and what unit they are from bs.

Fact - Russian military forces are inside Ukraine and are actively fighting Ukraine forces while occupying Ukraine territory.

Fact - Putin continues to deny RF are in Ukraine.

Do we really need to play the sesame street game of which one of these things doesn't belong?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Ukraine stated more Russian units crossed the border into Ukraine and have moved towards the airport area. With Russian media showing Russians soldiers fighting there I think the 800 pound gorilla in the room just got noticed.

The 2 Ton Gorilla in the room is:

S.2828 - Ukraine Freedom Support Act of 2014

The Devil’s in the Details: Inside The Ukrainian Freedom Support Act

The Ukraine Freedom Support Act (UFSA) of 2014 authorizes lethal and non-lethal aid. Besides what’s already being supplied.

Including communications equipment. Body armor. Night vision goggles. Humvees. Radar. Counter-mortar detection units. Binoculars. Small boats. Various other gear.

Sniper and assault rifles. Hand grenade launchers. Mortars and shells. Stingers. Anti-tank missiles. What’s known may be the tip of the iceberg.

* - No way. U.S. issued rifles, Really?

Captured Ukie M16 from Donetsk airport

* - No way. U.S. counter-mortar radar systems?

U.S. delivers first counter-mortar radar systems to Ukraine

Whats that. Don't believe me. Well, here's the signatures on documents:

* - Yeah Xcathdra, thats a REAL puck up your ass, in regards to your argument.

Want more:

US-Made Weapons, High-Power Explosives Found in Donetsk Airport

- These guys don’t play around: They KNOW what they’re talking about. . .

edit on 22-1-2015 by SurrenderingAmerica because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2015 by SurrenderingAmerica because: quotes

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

. . . also, lets NOT FORGET THE MINERS & SCHOOL CHILDREN:

- REMEMBER THIS? -

Ukraine miners march against Kiev authorities in Donetsk

'No to war!': Thousands of miners protest Kiev’s crackdown on E. Ukraine

Ukraine coal miners on strike, refuse to pay Kiev coup damages bill

Angry miners are pressing for wage increases to match region's average pay, better social and living conditions and higher social bonuses. According to the strikers they get between 3,000 ($260) and 6,000 hryvnas ($520), while the average salary in the coal industry in the region is up to 10,000 hryvnas ($860).

Miners are also refusing to pay a 10 percent tax on their salaries, imposed by the post-coup authorities to restore the Maidan square in Kiev. The square and nearby buildings suffered significant damage during months of rallies and the violent standoff that led to a coup in February.

According to local media reports miners have seen around a 10 percent cut in their paychecks to restore the Ukrainian capital.

. . . and today those same miners are still:

demanding higher wages and refusing to accept a pay cut to fund the restoration of Kiev, which suffered damage during the coup that overthrew the government.

. . . and thats roughly over 10,000 local miners alone - - thats picking up arms against Kiev.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

. . . Now - - - about those school children:

Children killed as they played football: Teenagers cut to ribbons when military shell hits soccer pitch in rebel-held Donetsk

Ukraine crisis: Shell hits Donetsk school playground

At least 10 people killed in shelling on and near school in Ukraine's Donetsk: city authorities

I'd say that Ukraine/U.S. are having a difficult time trying to convince the world stage, wouldn't you agree? Perhaps thats why they're receiving limited help. . .

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

a reply to: noeltrotsky

yeah and whats ironic are how pro Russians are now trying to down play their presence. Its not enough they are being shown in Russian media fighting in Ukraine. Now its the how many and what unit they are from bs.

Fact - Russian military forces are inside Ukraine and are actively fighting Ukraine forces while occupying Ukraine territory.

Fact - Putin continues to deny RF are in Ukraine.

Do we really need to play the sesame street game of which one of these things doesn't belong?

Funny, I just got done ripping the U.S./nato to shreds. And thats just a sampler. You want more?

GTFO troll, everyone & their mother knows who's the primary occupying force in Ukraine - - U.S. *cough* Biden jr * nato advisors/soldiers *

* - Gee, I wonder who’s the REAL expanding aggressive force:

Ukraine to increase army strength to 250,000, drafting new military doctrine - Poltorak

. . . or if you prefer:

The War Agenda in East Ukraine: Kiev Regime Prepares 250,000 Graves for Its Soldiers

either way, not starting off good.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I am fairly certain I know what your leaning is on this but I hope beyond hope Putin is removed before he ends the world.

***SNIP***

Here, a picture says a 1,000 words:

One recent example:

Poroshenko rejected Putin’s artillery withdrawal plan, began assault - Kremlin
edit on 1/22/2015 by Blaine91555 because: Rude comment removed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join