It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLK Day Racist?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

The people of this country are mostly fine where race is concerned, it is the users and leeches who use it as a weapon to keep us all down.

Or those that focus on color to stir things up.

Whats this thread about again?

The man or the message? If you respect him at all you'll quit disrespecting him by pointing out "color". Otherwise this thread is concealed racism itself and should be taken down.

Before I go...I'll answer your question. It is about the message and how it has been bastardized by people for their own, personal gain and often to keep us all separated. Sorry you couldn't see that. BYE!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: intrepid

Still waiting and running out of patience. Are we done?

Hardly. "MLK Day racist"? Your premise. Why even bring Sharpton into it?

PS: What happened to you telling me where I compared MLK and Sharpton???

Al Sharpton's legacy

Martin Luther King's Legacy

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I don't know how the media does things (I have my suspicions) but here in my town there were members of all perceived racial groups attending the parade, white, black, Asian, Hispanic... not just blacks by any means.

Maybe you let the media do a little bit too much of your thinking for you?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Do you not see it?

There is a larger picture here. There is an agenda being initiated and the Black Movers and Shakers do NOT want whites involved....yes, even those whites who support it all. As they are starting to tell everybody, "This ain't your daddy's civil rights movement." There is something in the wind and MLK's message is being rewritten nudge by nudge.

Haven't you noticed all the rhetoric since Obama has been in office, starting with the Beer Summit? Everything is about race. Black activists are pushing and pushing to create division at this particular time. If you do some research, you will discover Mr. George Soros's hand in much of it. Where his ugly hands are, there is an agenda to be sure. Are blacks being used and manipulated again!?

Oprah's movie, Selma, was full of falsity. Reading some news articles about it, I discovered that many people involved in those events at that time have complained that they are trying to rewrite history and are skewing actual events.
Hollywood has always done this to some extent, but with racial issues in the forefront now, you have to wonder just what is going on here.

Do you remember when the students at the University of Missouri organized a "die-in" at the Student Center last month? They requested that only blacks be the participators. Whites could stand around in a circle and hold hands, but they were not to participate in the actual protest. They offered some lame excuse.

The activism is getting out of hand and downright out of proportion.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The people of this country are mostly fine where race is concerned, it is the users and leeches who use it as a weapon to keep us all down.

The man or the message? If you respect him at all you'll quit disrespecting him by pointing out "color". Otherwise this thread is concealed racism itself and should be taken down.

I think that was the point of the OP.

MLK was about being color-blind. It seems that he, and MLK day are being portrayed as being something for blacks, not being color-blind.

Observing that phenomenon is not being racist.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

Ya its just baiting the idea

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

MLK was about being color-blind. It seems that he, and MLK day are being portrayed as being something for blacks, not being color-blind.

It's been that way for years.

I prefer to allow the racists to show their hypocrisy and at least honor this day for how MLK, tried his best to unify people of all races, rather than spoil it by being as ignorant as some of the popular race pimps who do more to dishonor his name than promote his dream?

I'm not disagreeing with the OP's observation, but I am just kinda thinking why stoop to their level on this day?....
edit on 19-1-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I prefer to allow the racists to show their hypocrisy and at least honor this day for how MLK, tried his best to unify people of all races, rather than spoil it by being as ignorant as some of the popular race pimps who do more to dishonor his name than promote his dream?

I'm not disagreeing with the OP's observation, but I am just kinda thinking why stoop to their level on this day?....

Maybe to point out their hypocrisy and remind people that MLK was about NOT judging somebody based on the color of their skin?

Today might be a good day to remind people of that MLK quote rather than to cheer because asians and hispanics are protesting in the "black lives matter" movement.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I don't know..tired of the race debate but I got a cool MLK story....

kazantoday.com...

bout a guy that got up and punched MLK during one of his speeches and when everyone rushed in to give him a thumping MLK told everyone to stop and to pray for the guy...I've heard a few variations of the story to include the man crying and then apologizing to MLK..but MLK meant what he preached. Seemed like a cool guy...imagine in times like that too...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Maybe to point out their hypocrisy and remind people that MLK was about NOT judging somebody based on the color of their skin?

Today might be a good day to remind people of that MLK quote rather than to cheer because asians and hispanics are protesting in the "black lives matter" movement.

Well?

I don't know, as much as I see where you are coming from, is it really doing anything to get us all to get along? OR Just doing more to keep up the hate?

I just might be getting to GD tired in my old age to try and reason with people anymore? I don't know, ya'll have a right to say what you want, but I would rather try and promote peace rather than the constant kindergarten tactics I am seeing coming from mature adult as of late.....

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
All lives matter.

This day is only racist if you let it be.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Go back to the Civil Rights Act.

The southern Democrats are who tried to block it. The Republicans were the party that were the impetus to get it passed.

Somewhere along the way it was turned into a political football, which the Democrats claim to own now.

That's complete BS.

JFK carried 70% of the black vote. JFK (and RFK) were both well known for their support of the Civil Rights Movement (and their relationship with MLK and Coretta Scott King). Then in 1964, the Republicans ran Goldwater for President. Goldwater viewed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as unconstitutional and voted against it. MLK said that the nation would break out in "violence and riots, the like of which we have never seen before" if Goldwater was elected. If I'm not mistaken Johnson got something like 94% of the black vote.

So clearly this "somewhere along the way" narrative of yours is bogus.

It also bears mention that though Goldwater lost, "Mr. Conservative" was largely responsible for the resurgence in US conservativism and the modern Republican Party. Something of a parallel could be drawn to another famous "loser" — William Jennings Bryan — and the effect he had on Democrats at the turn of the century. People latch on to these out of context factoids like the bit about the vote on the Civil Rights act or "Lincoln was a Republican!" as though it some how makes the modern GOP look better.

Perhaps a bit of reading on the "Dixiecrats" and Strom Thurmond is in order?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Huh. I think you may be on to something. A quick look at the voting breakdown shows: (yea/nay)

The original House version:

Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7–93%)
Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0–100%)
Northern Democrats: 145–9 (94–6%)
Northern Republicans: 138–24 (85–15%)

Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%) (John Tower of Texas)
Northern Democrats: 45–1 (98–2%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)
Northern Republicans: 27–5 (84–16%)

Majority leader (democrat) forced the bill to the floor for debate instead of committee.

So I guess that while the Dixiecrats tried to end it, the "Dixiepubs" did too. Guess the Repubs weren't quite the heroes they're made out to be.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The southern Democrats are who tried to block it. The Republicans were the party that were the impetus to get it passed.

Somewhere along the way it was turned into a political football, which the Democrats claim to own now.

That's complete BS.

JFK carried 70% of the black vote. JFK (and RFK) were both well known for their support of the Civil Rights Movement (and their relationship with MLK and Coretta Scott King). Then in 1964, the Republicans ran Goldwater for President. Goldwater viewed the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as unconstitutional and voted against it. MLK said that the nation would break out in "violence and riots, the like of which we have never seen before" if Goldwater was elected. If I'm not mistaken Johnson got something like 94% of the black vote.

So clearly this "somewhere along the way" narrative of yours is bogus.

It also bears mention that though Goldwater lost, "Mr. Conservative" was largely responsible for the resurgence in US conservativism and the modern Republican Party. Something of a parallel could be drawn to another famous "loser" — William Jennings Bryan — and the effect he had on Democrats at the turn of the century. People latch on to these out of context factoids like the bit about the vote on the Civil Rights act or "Lincoln was a Republican!" as though it some how makes the modern GOP look better.

Perhaps a bit of reading on the "Dixiecrats" and Strom Thurmond is in order?

Perhaps historically you are right, but when our "We the People" going to STOP allowing ourselves to be categorized by the ideologies that are now destroying us?

IMO, those who believe in blindly supporting the 2 party system are just as dangerous as ISIS!

MLK, deserves a little respect IMO! Not a bunch of idiots trying to destroy what he did, for an agenda based upon worshipping at the alter of one of 2 political churches!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There will continue to be a need for a minority message for as long as minorities are treated unequally. You guys want minorities to be all accepting, act as if everything is equal when it isn't. We've come far but we aren't there yet.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
There will continue to be a need for a minority message for as long as minorities are treated unequally. You guys want minorities to be all accepting, act as if everything is equal when it isn't. We've come far but we aren't there yet.

How does the black community feel about the LGBT community?

All lives matter, not just black lives?

When I see the hypocrisy of those who scream discrimination against themselves, yet show discrimination against others, how am I supposed to take their cause seriously?
edit on 19-1-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

That's complete BS.

A higher percentage of Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act than Democrats.

Want to try again.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Welp... I guess according to your logic, sure if one person that looks a certain way does something, every other person that looks like them must agree.

So sad.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Welp... I guess according to your logic, sure if one person that looks a certain way does something, every other person that looks like them must agree.

So sad.

Care to give me at least a little meat on the bone so as to know how to address that? As I already said, "All lives matter" regardless of skin color/sexuality/religion....

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It's your logic why do you need me to explain it to you?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join