It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Air Force Releases Thousands of Pages Of Declassified UFO Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
"Huge news for UFOlogists: nearly 130,000 pages of fully searchable archives, dubbed the Project Blue Book Collection, are now available on truth-seeking website the Black Vault."

The Project Bluebook Collection is up and running here: www.theblackvault.com...

Military Times reports:

"UFO enthusiast John Greenewald has spent nearly two decades filing Freedom of Information Act requests for the government's files on UFOs and other phenomena. On Jan. 12, Greenewald posted the Blue Book files — as well as files on Blue Book's 1940s-era predecessors, Project Sign and Project Grudge — on his online database, The Black Vault.

Project Blue Book was based at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. Between 1947 and 1969, the Air Force recorded 12,618 sightings of strange phenomena — 701 of which remain "unidentified."

The National Archives has made these files available to public on microfilm in its Washington headquarters. Parts of the Project Blue Book files have previously been posted online in various locations, Greenewald said. But his webpage is the first time the complete files have been posted in PDF form in a searchable database."

(Did not find this with a search, so apologies if I missed it.)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Wow if this is real this would be an amazing event.

Look forward to checking this out

This site was created by The Black Vault to house 129,491 pages, comprising of more than 10,000 cases of the Project Blue Book, Project Sign and Project Grudge files declassifed. Project Blue Book (along with Sign and Grudge) was the name that was given to the official investigation by the United States military to determine what the Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) phenomena was. It lasted from 1947 - 1969. Below you will find the case files compiled for research, and available free to download.

Found a section on Roswell but it won't download to my tablet!!!!

S&F for you
edit on 19/1/15 by Phatdamage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I would think anything significant would be blacked out. The 700ish they say are unexplained are the files that will not be released.

ID

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItalianDressing
I would think anything significant would be blacked out. The 700ish they say are unexplained are the files that will not be released.

ID

You could always check it out rather than assuming. You might be surprised. Just sayin...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Already posted. Please add to the discussion already in progress here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

top topics

join