It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany's Bundesbank Resumes Gold Repatriation; Transfers 120 Tonnes Of Physical Gold From Paris An

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Okee Ookey ATS, It seems That The German Central Bank has finally dislodged The Bowel Blockage at The US Federal Reserve and has now been able to finally get A Pretty Decent Sized Chunk of it's Gold Reserves Repatriated to Germany.

I bet this was like prying an Alcoholics Grip Off A Bottle of Hooch LOL ! So, According to The Article, it seems The Dutch have already gotten all of theirs back and The Austrians were mentioned as a possible Candidate in this Gimmee Our Moolah Back Competition.

So, it just seems that all these different pieces of The Puzzle are just moving faster into place (The Swiss National Bank Last Week, The Oil Price Crash, The Unending Wars on This and That etc.).

Well, has anyone else noticed that there are some rather unusual events happening round this Financial Sphere that seems to be heading to some sort of Climax (Like The PTB are starting to lose their Grip on Total Control), or are all these events just outliers and Move On Nothing To See Here?

Thanks Y'All for having A Gander at this and As Always your Perceptive Analysis' are always welcome and appreciated here. Thanks My ATS Brothers and Sisters and Peace to Y'All
Arjunanda.

(ARTICLE)

Three weeks ago, when looking at the latest NY Fed data of foreign gold held at the largest central bank gold vault in the world, we showed that in the month of November not only was a near record amount of gold withdrawn from the NY Fed, which at 42 tons was the single biggest monthly outflow at the NY Fed in over a decade...

... but that though the end of November, all of the Netherlands' 122 tons of gold withdrawals had been fully accounted for. This brought up an interesting question:

"... net of the Netherlands withdrawals, there is some 44 tons of extra gold that has been also quietly redeemed (by another entity). The question is who: is it now the turn of Austria to reveal in a few weeks that it too, secretly, withdrew some 40+ tons of gold from "safe keeping" in the US? Or was it Belgium? Or did the Dutch simply decide to haul back some more. Or did Germany finally get over its "logistical complications" which prevented it from transporting more than just a laughable 5 tons in 2013? And most importantly, did Germany finally grow a pair and decide not to let "diplomatic difficulties" stand between it and its gold?
We now know the answer, and it was, indeed, the latter with confirmation coming from the Bundesbank itself. As the German Central Bank announced earlier today, after withdrawing an embarrassing 5 tonnes of gold from New York in 2013, its rate of repatriation soared, and in what appears to have been just the past two months, has transferred a whopping 85 tonnes of gold from 80 feet below street level at Liberty 33 back to Frankfurt!

From Buba:

The Bundesbank successfully continued and further stepped up its transfers of gold last year. In 2014, 120 tonnes of gold were transferred to Frankfurt am Main from storage locations abroad: 35 tonnes from Paris and 85 tonnes from New York. "Implementation of our new gold storage plan is proceeding smoothly. Operations are running very much according to schedule," said Carl-Ludwig Thiele, Member of the Executive Board of the Deutsche Bundesbank.

The Bundesbank took advantage of the transfer from New York to have roughly 50 tonnes of gold melted down and recast according to the London Good Delivery standard, today's internationally recognised standard. "We also called on the expertise of the Bank for International Settlements for the spot checks that had to be carried out. As expected, there were no irregularities," said Mr Thiele.

According to its new gold storage plan, unveiled in January 2013, the Bundesbank will be storing half of Germany’s gold reserves in its own vaults from 2020 onwards. This necessitates a phased transfer to Frankfurt am Main of 300 tonnes of gold from New York and all 374 tonnes of gold from Paris.

Since the transfers began in 2013, the Bank has relocated a total of 157 tonnes of gold to Frankfurt am Main - 67 tonnes from Paris and 90 tonnes from New York. This is equivalent to roughly 23% of the total quantity to be transferred. The following table gives an overview of the gold that has been transferred to date.

www.zerohedg... e.com/news/2015-01-19/bundesbank-resumes-gold-repatriation-transfers-120-tonnes-physical-gold-paris-and-ny

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
'Hedging' their bets are they?

The gold nay sayers can weigh in now. Their phony baloney is far outweighed by having tons of gold reserves.

Gee, I wonder whos fiat currency is on the QE brink?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think the world is on the brink of a huge financial re-alignment.

Bigger than ever before.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
They better check those gold bars to see if they are solid gold. After all, they are dealing with the Federal Reserve.

I think that the OP is right, something is going down.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
They will certainly be well aware that if a nuke were to strike NY then they would never see their gold again. Perhaps they feel that the possibility is now very real.
On the other hand, maybe they know the US is so close to financial collapse that they just can't risk keeping it there any longer.
Whatever the reason, nobody wants anything to do with the US and trust has gone.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Something wicked this way comes.
Nothing to see here...just the biggest financial sh#tstorm since the beginning of capital(slavery) ism

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
So True Intrptr, I'm sure they were offered all sorts of Paper Promises, but in the end The Word of Liars Should Never Be Believed Even When They Are Telling The Truth (Cicero, Roman Senate) Good Reply
Arjuanda

a reply to: intrptr

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

Here is the thread about the Dutchs doing a similar move :
The Netherlands Has Repatriated 122.5t Gold From US

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Good Addition to the thread theultimatebelgianjoke! This point was mentioned in the article, but it's always nice to have additional source to back things up, A Star To You and Peace
Arjunanda. a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hey Ricky, The article states that The Germans did spot checks on the gold that was handed over to them. I can see if you were handling it for them you'd check every last gram that was handed over, as you like most of us don't trust any of these Duplicitous B**tards. Good Reply Peace
Arjunanda a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hey xuenchen, I thinx you analysis is totally correct on this point and many others you've made in other past threads. This is my underlying thrust and implied intent of The Original OP. A Star For You and Peace
Arjunanda a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wonder how much of that gold is what was taken from Ghaddafi (supposedly had one of the largest gold bullion reserves at the time) and from Iraq.

Several years ago, wasnt there a report come out that stated there was no more gold at Fort Knox?

kind adds some merit to the theory that some of the dodgy wars were to reaquire gold reserves.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
those current gold transfers were agreed upon, after much deliberations, months even years ago... it is just happenstance that the recent Black Swan level event of the Swiss de-pegging from the Euro happened... in a about-face by the Swiss in just a weekend time frame.

there is indeed large fall-out from the Swiss removing support of the flimsy/overvalued Euro...
among the top things will be a tsunami of Europeans depleting their European bank accounts and sending the proceeds to the USA banks... this will have the effect of bank-runs on European banks and massive Liquidity in the USA banks...

We, in the USA should get the benefits of delaying the Bank-Bail-Ins by a year or two, or so...We should not yet experience negative-interest-rates as the EU accounts are seeing put into effect after the Swiss Bank self-interest policy of severing financial links to the Euro by devaluing the Swiss Franc....

the stuff is just starting to hit-the-fan, there will be more stuff flung and the fans will be oscillating in a 360 degree mode ->> so everyone will get splattered....only the USA will have bought about a year or three delay into a state of deflation for non-essential services and larger inflation of interest rates on goods & services but limited interest increases in bonds to further suck in more European bank account money

buy what you think you will need in a depression, controlled price-wage economy, hands-on things at today's moderate prices... tomorrow will require more careful planning/decisions
edit on th31142170461819562015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

relevant 200 word text read:kingworldnews.com...
edit on th31142170493719022015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

the Golden Lily treasure horde If it were known that an enormous horde of gold existed, that might drive down the price of gold and thereby crash currencies pegged to the dollar.
Were the incalculable amount of gold to be made public, gold prices could plummet.

ersjdamoo.wordpress.com...

Where has all the gold gone some would like to know

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The Chinese got some filled gold. I suppose they are all in it together and as long as they accept it it is good as gold.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Sadly I can't say that I fully understand why so much Gold is being repatriated now. The reality was German gold held safe in the US was still a part of their banking balance sheets. Moving it back to Germany does nothing financially. The only way everyone would suddenly want their gold back was if they felt the US not a safe place anymore to keep it. Military wise I can't imagine countries thinking the US is going to get taken over and their physical gold stolen. That leaves me with the last option, that of US government suddenly taking the Gold as their own. It would take a massive bankrupting of the US Financial system to cause them to even consider that.

I don't see many signs of a massive financial meltdown in the US, but everyone taking their Gold back makes me wonder...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wonder if the gold bricks got a foreign stamp on them if they remelt them before they store them away.

new topics

top topics

join