It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘American Sniper’ Complaints Grow in Hollywood: Should Clint Eastwood Be Celebrating a ‘Killer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

With a paragraph like that, you're obviously not from DFW originally. Go ahead and state that idiotic opinion in Dallas and see how long it takes to get your teeth knocked down your throat.

Born (Baylor Hospital) and raised (Mesquite); definitely from Dallas. I state my opinion freely every day; and without incident. What, is some poor deranged "sniper" coming to get me? If they did, once again, they would show to me that the constitution means next to nothing to them. I welcome all comers though...bring it if you got it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Remember the scene where Ryan Job gets shot in the face and then they take him to Ramadi medical for resuscitation? That was me--I was the doc that was there.

There are some factual issues with the film, but overall not bad for a Hollywood production.

wow

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
You know a movie is good when it evokes such a reaction.

So The Interview is a good movie?

Your statement is the most stupid I've read in some time....

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Let me ask you this...how many of the people Kyle killed were on their way to the US to kill Americans?

They don't have to be on their way to America to kill Americans...And how many of those he killed were there to kill Americans?

The Germans were not on the way to the USA either--certainly they could very well have been a future threat, but not in WWII. I wonder if that makes Audie Murphy a bad guy too.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Holy #es!
Hollywood has done NOTHING if not celebrate killers like, John Wayne Gacy, Hannibal Lector, And and well just about everyone of them including Gengis Khan...................Whats now come over their "sensibilities".....?

In a word ?

Politics.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

a reply to: LeatherNLace

Let me ask you this...how many of the people Kyle killed were on their way to the US to kill Americans?

They don't have to be on their way to America to kill Americans...And how many of those he killed were there to kill Americans?

The Germans were not on the way to the USA either--certainly they could very well have been a future threat, but not in WWII. I wonder if that makes Audie Murphy a bad guy too.

Guess Alvin York was too.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It's only a false premise because you choose it to be. You weren't there, you're pushing an agenda without factual information. Only stuff made up in your head.

When ISIS is at your doorstep, you're going to wish we did more.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
a reply to: Answer

With a paragraph like that, you're obviously not from DFW originally. Go ahead and state that idiotic opinion in Dallas and see how long it takes to get your teeth knocked down your throat.

Born (Baylor Hospital) and raised (Mesquite); definitely from Dallas. I state my opinion freely every day; and without incident. What, is some poor deranged "sniper" coming to get me? If they did, once again, they would show to me that the constitution means next to nothing to them. I welcome all comers though...bring it if you got it.

You clearly run in different circles than I do. You're also a liar claiming you state your opinion freely every day... you might spout your drivel in the company of friends but I guarantee you don't say any of your crap in public. The vast majority of Texans support our troops. Bad-mouth Chris Kyle in public, in Dallas, and you're going to the hospital.

You're always free to state your opinion. The U.S. Constitution guarantees your right to say whatever you want, up to and including burning and pissing on an American Flag.

Just be prepared to face the consequences when you piss off the wrong person with your First Amendment-protected hate speech.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I wonder if that makes Audie Murphy a bad guy too.

That must also mean these guys are all bad guy's also...

Carlos Hathcock.
Marcus Luttrell.
Chuck Mawhinney
Adelbert Waldron

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Carlos Hathcock.
Marcus Luttrell.
Chuck Mawhinney
Adelbert Waldron

Since we're looking at war with hindsight and with a political agenda, let's go ahead and nullify every Medal of Honor ever awarded.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think the liberal left is just 'butt hurt' that a movie about a serviceman could make more and garner more attention and potential accolades than a movie that could have further pushed the black/white agenda that they want so badly. Selma... It is all propaganda in a sense.

This man, and many others, sacrificed a lot. If you choose not to call them heroes, that is your choice to have an opinion, but do not call them killers, or murderers or even men acting simply on orders. No one can order you to kill. You have to eventually make the choice as to whether or not you can. It was a job. A job not everyone can do. Ask anyone who ever killed in combat. A choice to many times live or die.

edit on 01pm31pmf0000002015-01-19T14:54:12-06:000212 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: f4rwest

No, the war on Iraq was completely sold to US on false information, this is not speculation.

And yes, I would love to see ISIS try and do anything to the US.

Until that day lets stop acting like they are threatening our everyday lives.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I have to ask if Chris Kyle were not a hero would he have a 200 mile tribute to him.

I don't think so.
edit on 19-1-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Carlos Hathcock.
Marcus Luttrell.
Chuck Mawhinney
Adelbert Waldron

Since we're looking at war with hindsight and with a political agenda, let's go ahead and nullify every Medal of Honor ever awarded.

Speaking of.

The current guy has awarded quite a lot of medals of honor for our 'illegal' wars.

Obama awards more Medals of Honor to modern veterans

They just love trying to have it both ways.

edit on 19-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I also have to ask how many of those in attendance think he wasn't a hero...

I guarantee you wouldn't find one that says that.

Also how many people can have a memorial that has to use a stadium for them...I'll tell you one a hero.
edit on 19-1-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: f4rwest

And yes, I would love to see ISIS try and do anything to the US.

Your dream will come true our dear King has insured that.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

That doesn't prove that he is a hero.
MJ probably had more people come to his funeral, does that make him a hero?

It just shows he was sold as one and some people bought it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Ya OK!

Keep buying that idea, there is no proof what so ever.
Same lines we got when they wanted to invade iraq.
The old "do you want to fight them here or over there"

And barry has been droning them silly, ask neo, he knows all about the drone program and its numbers

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

MJ probably had more people come to his funeral, does that make him a hero?

Well had he saved those kids instead of molesting them then you might have something.

Seriously though your trying to compare a pop star to a Navy Seal...think about that for a second, as Chris Kyle was not a pop star that traveled the world.

Amazing.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It just shows he was sold as one and some people bought it.

And those that attended his funeral know what you refuse to accept...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join