It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘American Sniper’ Complaints Grow in Hollywood: Should Clint Eastwood Be Celebrating a ‘Killer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Cause we invaded and bombed thier country on a false premise.
If a country invaded the us people would try and kill them too

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: NavyDoc
That was you? Wow

Yep. One of my corpsmen actually got to see an early showing and he called me as soon as he got out of the theater. It was August, 8th, 2006, IIR. The gentleman's name was Ryan Job. He had an interesting story. Although blinded, after he recovered he was able to complete a degree and climb Mt. Rainier. Unfortunately, he passed away a few years ago due to medical malpractice.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Artdroid

I am now retired.

Let me be the first to say...Thank You for your service.

And welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Sremmos80

No the Potus has a great deal to do with this topic.

Since he killed more people than kyle.

For the same reasons.

But there is no movie glorifying it!
That is the topic of the thread neo, hollywood glorifying killers, you wrote it!

And if you want to talk about potus killing people how about the guy that sent kyle over there?
How much blood does he have on his hands?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

And yet they have tried to cause harm to Americans long before their country was bombed.

Or do you disagree with that?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

If a country invaded the us people would try and kill them too

Everything GW said has come to fruition.

In Syria, and Iraq.

There was the Russians,Iranians,Saudis,Pakistan all aiding the fight against America.

The sheer amount of foreign fighters from Yemen, and elsewhere paints a very different picture.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Unfortunately, he passed away a few years ago due to medical malpractice.

Ashame he couldn't see the movie.

And no I wasn't going for the cheap joke for those who think I was.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Remember the scene where Ryan Job gets shot in the face and then they take him to Ramadi medical for resuscitation? That was me--I was the doc that was there.

You are getting paid right, as they did use your likeness in a true story.

Nope. LOL. Didn't even hear about it until recently.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

And I said Zero Dark Thirty, and Seal Team Six.

Is the glorification of killers.

Ya know when the current guy illegally invaded Pakistan to supposedly kill Bin Laden.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Freedom of expression among directors is limited to the message the state department and pentagon wants to impart.

But in general, Hollywood has been promoting violence in films for ever, Is it what sells and whats good for us? Or is it conditioning our minds?

Movies that show the "good guy" killing the enemy invite us to accept killing in the name of good. Its okay to cheer the body count the hero racks up, he's a "good guy".

Vasily Zaytsev killed an estimated 400 Nazis. Was he a good guy or a bad guy?
edit on 19-1-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Too bad we can't actually celebrate our snipers with real footage from around the world of their exploits. I tried once and got a warning.

Seems faking their exploits in movies is politically acceptable, the reality of which is somewhat abhorrent.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think we just need to focus on the issue here.

I mean...we're discussing one issue. Should we be glorifying Chris Kyle? Yes or no. You guys get a little ridiculous , when you through in drone strikes and Che, Serial Killers and everyone else. LOL

It's more complex than just he was bad or he was good. I don't particularly like the guy, a lot of the stuff he said and that fact that some of those people he killed were probably innocent civilians.

However, we had American troops in a hostile land and sometimes the only thing that stood between American soldiers lives...good soldiers that probably never killed anyone, who were just doing what they were trained to do...the only thing that saved some of their lives were snipers like Chris Kyle.

I think it's possible to celebrate American soldiers, all of them, with out getting into some of this propaganda, where all Arabs and middle easteners are evil. Kyle himself called the Average Iraqi people, Savages. Maybe he's not the guy we should be celebrating.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Seems to me that guy right there killed more people than Kyle, and he is heralded as a 'hero' of the Republic.

That's because the Germans was invading Russia. Kyle killed people in places that didn't invade America we were the invaders.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Holy #es!
Hollywood has done NOTHING if not celebrate killers like, John Wayne Gacy, Hannibal Lector, And and well just about everyone of them including Gengis Khan...................Whats now come over their "sensibilities".....?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hollywood is never going to forgive Clint Eastwood for his "empty chair" speech.

If someone like Michael Moore had directed it, I don't think you would have heard a peep of criticism about anything.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Vasily Zaytsev killed an estimated 400 Nazis. Was he a good guy or a bad guy?

The "Nazis" were in Berlin. The soldiers in all conflicts are manipulated into murdering in the name of good, i.e., "our side".

Thats accomplished by conditioning from an early age through media… all media.
edit on 19-1-2015 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yes I do, what did they do us?
And 911 had nothing to do with iraq

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Killed who ?

They were not all Iraqi.

warontherocks.com...

The RETURNof foreign fighters.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Kuroodo

Ignorant because he only targets a specific culture/group of people.

The same people that were trying to kill American soldiers.

Why are they trying to kill American soldiers? It wouldn't have anything to do with America invading their nation would it?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
You know a movie is good when it evokes such a reaction. No we should not glorify shooting people, but we should glorify the truth of war, and at the same time hand the citizens truth on a silver platter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join