It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Matthew 10
34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35 For I have come to turn
“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.

--Powerful and somewhat disturbing words of Jesus.
That is my mood today. Trying to solve so many questions regarding human nature and the effort to maintain power over others.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Abednego

In the Book of Kells, 'sword' is written as gaudium rather than gladium, and so it reads " I came not only to send peace, but joy."

Your title caught my eye, because I was reading about that very line not long ago. But it's a much better translation in my puny opinion.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The sword of truth.

the word peace is really piece.

the root of piece is pie

when one says piece they are referencing a piece of the whole being seperated

the sign for peace is in the shape of a cross section of the human brain

the right and left sides and the frontal part

so when one says peace they are referencing a part of the brain being seperate from the whole and creating division

This all ties into the right and left paradimn we all fall under

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

It could also mean word, a word put in the wrong place can cause a division or cut, like a knife or sword.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What matters is the Greek, not the Latin.
The word is MACHAIRAN- " a sword" (it has to be something which contrasts with peace).
The point is that people would be divided about whether to accept Jesus, and that came true almost immediately.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

The sword of truth.

the word peace is really piece.

the root of piece is pie

when one says piece they are referencing a piece of the whole being seperated

the sign for peace is in the shape of a cross section of the human brain

the right and left sides and the frontal part

so when one says peace they are referencing a part of the brain being seperate from the whole and creating division

This all ties into the right and left paradimn we all fall under

We need to separate the body from the spirit in order to became enlightened, so Jesus is saying that we need to separate our emotions from the rational thinking. Therefore we gain consciousness of everything around.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

That's a pity. I liked the culdees' version better.

Yes, it could be division rather than cutting or killing, I see what you mean. What do you mean when you say you want to maintain power over others? Just maintain your own boundaries, and let others do as they like! Or is there something I'm not getting?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The word is MACHAIRAN- " a sword" (it has to be something which contrasts with peace).
The point is that people would be divided about whether to accept Jesus, and that came true almost immediately.

Is not about accepting Jesus. Is about accepting who you are and what are your goals in life. Sometimes family just kept us from reaching what we want. We need to cut the "umbilical cord" and walk our own path. Ignoring criticism. If we can do that, then we can really say-- "I'm free".

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

And thats why they killed him, to preserve the "peace".

The status quo actually (Rome occupied the region at the time) , but who's looking that close?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: DISRAELI

Yes, it could be division rather than cutting or killing, I see what you mean. What do you mean when you say you want to maintain power over others? Just maintain your own boundaries, and let others do as they like! Or is there something I'm not getting?

Is not me who want to maintain power. Is about another person (former president) trying to manipulate an election in order to put people that he can manipulate to keep the power. Is a shame because the group already voted. So this guy make used of a lot of technicalities to reverse the elections.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Aah, I see. Let's go with sword then, very little joy where election riggers are concerned.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What Jesus was talking about, at any rate, was the way that people would react to Jesus.
He goes on to speak about the need to "take up the cross and follow me", and he says "He who receives you receives me".

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Must be where this guy gets his inspiration!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

I know of a few techniques to exorcise him. One of them include jumping out of cliff.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

We need to separate the body from the spirit in order to became enlightened, so Jesus is saying that we need to separate our emotions from the rational thinking. Therefore we gain consciousness of everything around

before we make a choice we first would be wise to understand the spirits that make us up.

if you go back to the brain analogy you may see that there is more than one force that drives us.

i think we exist spiritually dualistic just as our physical lives are dualistic.

it is clear to me that even the dualism is found in the bible and is often written off as contridictions.

i think when the choice is made to be right or left we are accepting an existance where that spirit resides.

the goal of each side is too take complete control of humanity and harvest us.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Interestingly enough that passage actually flies in the face of prophecy...

Jesus was telling the people he was not what everyone expected from the jewish messiah...

HE was supposed to bring peace to the entire world, but then Jesus busts this line out...

Gotta love it...

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

We need to separate the body from the spirit in order to became enlightened, so Jesus is saying that we need to separate our emotions from the rational thinking. Therefore we gain consciousness of everything around

before we make a choice we first would be wise to understand the spirits that make us up.

if you go back to the brain analogy you may see that there is more than one force that drives us.

i think we exist spiritually dualistic just as our physical lives are dualistic.

it is clear to me that even the dualism is found in the bible and is often written off as contridictions.

i think when the choice is made to be right or left we are accepting an existance where that spirit resides.

the goal of each side is too take complete control of humanity and harvest us.

You are right.
But we need to transcend beyond our limits, we have to brake the limit of that dualistic force. Braking the barrier of what may look impossible, walking in the gray area ( not the white nor the black ). Is not about choice, is about controlling that choice. Is about becoming.

Genesis 3
22Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever.

---We have the capability to do it.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

In the time, when the days of glory have arrived
The last in line have saved our sons
They've trained for years for their awards
To pay the price or die
They make you feel the kisses of their swords
Until you lie

You are the soldiers of another time
You are the ones
Who can save the future
You are the makers of another crime
Your are the ones
The children of the nation

Children of the nation...

Bring your flags, and sharpen your blades of steel
Face your enemies, cause in death they trust
Their blood will soil the furrows of your fields
In a sacred return to the dust
You prey to make your triumph becomes real
In a blind rage of lust

You are the soldiers of another time
You are the ones
Who can save the future
You are the makers of another crime
Your are the ones
The children of the nation

Children of the nation

Children, children...
Of the nation

edit on 19-1-2015 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abednego
Trying to solve so many questions regarding human nature and the effort to maintain power over others.

That is, of course, not the point of the scripture you quoted though is it? Do you really want to know what He meant, when He said that? Or are you just baiting?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Turn the other cheek, bless those who curse you, and love your enemies sounds like peace to me.

By the way, he also said "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God."

Make peace, not war.

new topics

top topics

join