It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water to be tested, monitored following oil leak near Glendive (Yellowstone River in Montana)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I wonder..... will this do anything to the Super volcano?? Probably not....

While they think the oil leak hasn't effected the drinking water, why would they say otherwise. There were reports of the water smelling like diesel. They are still investigating.

The leak from a pipeline was confirmed to have happened Saturday around 10:00am.

Officials with Dawson County Disaster and Emergency Services released this statement Monday ( today):

On January 17th at 3:00 pm, Bridger Pipeline, LLC notified local authorities of a potential release from a pipeline that crosses the Yellowstone River approximately 5 miles upstream from Glendive.

Shortly thereafter MDEQ notified municipal water utilities of the potential of crude oil passing by their water intakes.

DEQ further advised the water utilities to monitor their intakes for potential impact. Thus far no abnormalities have been reported by the water plant in Glendive.

It is unlikely the crude oil would impact Glendive's water intake because the intake is 14 feet below the water surface, and the oil will tend to float on the water surface. This is especially true of the light crude transported by Bridger Pipeline.

However, on Sunday, January 18th, Dawson County began receiving some complaints of odor in drinking water from people who use the municipal water supply. Because of this, the incident unified command has decided to take a collection of samples from the municipal drinking water supply and will provide teams to monitor taps along Glendive's water distribution system.

This will be done starting on Monday, January 19th.
www.ktvq.com...

What does ATS think??

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I personally feel that oil will always come back to bite us on the butt ...
We have so many good ideas for clean renewable energy ...

We take what was never intended for us in my opinion ... oil that has formed in the Earth's bowels over many ages ... processed by the workings of the Earth for a specific reason which we are ignorant of in my opinion ...

We do the same in the Nuclear Industry ... What is kept safe within the Earth again is taken with little regard for the consequences and future for all

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I totally agree. It makes me so sad to think of all the stuff we do to our home. This planet is taken advantage of so much I wonder when Karma will take effect.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Unfortunate. Good thing it wasn't worse. Easily containable.

a reply to: MamaJ

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Makes me think about the Keystone Pipeline. What happens 25 - 30 years from now when it dumps a few million barrels of crude oil into the Ogallala Aquifer. I guess then we'll have to start monitoring our corn for hydrocarbon content.

Of course the upside is that it will be easier to convert the corn into ethanol. It'll already be part petroleum to start with. Then again, most people won't be in any shape to drive anywhere because they'll be starving to death.

dex

top topics

join