It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Embed Reporter: ISIS Plans On Killing ‘HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS’ In ‘Religious Cleansing’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I didn't ask you what their plan was. I asked you what our plan would be.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FalcoFan

(I wouldn't feel this way if every time I turned on the news (tv/online) I wasn't being overloaded by acts of murder constantly perpetrated by muslims-there is no radical/moderate-unless they use it as an excuse for their murders)

So you openly admit to being brainwashed by the media?

At least I know not to take you seriously from now on!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: projectvxn

This isn't ordinary warfare - boots on the ground mean that these filth will simply ghost away back into the societies they despise and wait it out - similar to the taliban in Afganistan. Gorilla fighting is what they do best.

We need to race to intercept these people trying to return into the West and put them into a sweet little islamic state of their own on a remote island prison, where they can play their religious games far away from the rest of the world.

Lol no ROE! That means they won't be able to go back and blend in. We will kill anyone helping them, yes women and children. Sorry my children and my wife are worth it!!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sorry, the page changed, while I was adding another line (you're too quick : )

I wrote:
...You can't arbitrate THAT...any more than you can stand by and let it happen.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

We will kill anyone helping them, yes women and children

No doubt, middle class white boy!!!

No...doubt.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Exactly. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. So, since the violence approach hasn't been working, how about trying something new? Ignoring them.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Effectively what you're suggesting is to go over there and be given free reign to slaughter everyone.

Tell me, how does that make you any better than them?

For someone who has apparently been to Afghanistan and taken part in combat, you don't seem to have learnt many lessons from it, other than kill, kill, kill. If you were as knowledgeable and informed as you claim to be you would know that such actions are futile and only perpetuate the hatred and violence.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleClassWhiteBoy

originally posted by: Shiloh7

This isn't ordinary warfare - boots on the ground mean that these filth will simply ghost away back into the societies they despise and wait it out - similar to the taliban in Afganistan. Gorilla fighting is what they do best.

We need to race to intercept these people trying to return into the West and put them into a sweet little islamic state of their own on a remote island prison, where they can play their religious games far away from the rest of the world.

Lol no ROE! That means they won't be able to go back and blend in. We will kill anyone helping them, yes women and children. Sorry my children and my wife are worth it!!!!!

This is barbaric and EXACTLY the same as terrorism. By the way, please elucidate how your wife and children are currently in danger from Muslim terrorists. Me, I'd say they have a MUCH better chance of dying on the drive to and from work/school each day, but what do I know, except a few statistics?
edit on 19-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

We will kill anyone helping them, yes women and children.

Then you're exactly the same as them.

Take a look in the mirror.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

Effectively what you're suggesting is to go over there and be given free reign to slaughter everyone.

The ROE in Afghanistan require us to give warning to insurgents before we kill or capture them. They don't allow us to return fire if they fire upon us and then drop their weapons. That's the kind of crap I'm talking about.

For someone who has apparently been to Afghanistan and taken part in combat, you don't seem to have learnt many lessons from it

Please, from your experience, tell me everything you think you know about the lessons to be learned from combat.

If you were as knowledgeable and informed as you claim to be you would know that such actions are futile and only perpetuate the hatred and violence.

When it comes to groups like ISIS, they are going to be violent no matter what is done. Some people only understand force. I'm happy to help them understand my perspective in the language they know best.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

No, that isn't what I'm talking about.

Idiots like you are no different than the high and mighty pseudo-pacifists that can never find anything worth fighting against in this world. You both simply do not understand the nature of combat against these people.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

The best way to fight them, is not give them a platform to speak their message. Don't talk about them and don't give into fear. They WANT us to fear them and retaliate. That is their best recruitment measure. The only thing worth fighting over is a legitimate threat to me and mine. I say this as a veteran of the Iraq War myself.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The best way to fight them, is not give them a platform to speak their message.

I wasn't able to hear what they were talking about over the sound of machine gun fire and rockets they sent our way. I wasn't able to hear what they were saying when they seemed to think it was ok to target whole families in the same fashion IS is doing in Iraq and Syria. Talking time is over.

Don't talk about them and don't give into fear

Just ignore it and it will go away is not an effective strategy.

The only thing worth fighting over is a legitimate threat to me and mine.

If we do it your way it won't be long before they are looking to effectively do just that.

I say this as a veteran of the Iraq War myself.

I'm an Afghan war vet and still serving. My division is in Iraq now and it won't be too long before I'm there too. I don't have the luxury to ignore it. Even if I did ignoring evil is the surest way to ensure its survival and expansion.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

The ROE in Afghanistan require us to give warning to insurgents before we kill or capture them. They don't allow us to return fire if they fire upon us and then drop their weapons. That's the kind of crap I'm talking about.

Fair enough.

Please, from your experience, tell me everything you think you know about the lessons to be learned from combat.

I feel that the lessons to be learned from combat, having read numerous accounts of those who were there and those who took part, be they politicians, generals or infantry etc. are that it is completely futile and pointless.

I haven't read a single history book or account of war where someone stated that it was a good war and it was a real good time. It is horror, grusome, disorientating and confusing situations and people being shattered in mind and body both soldiers and civilians.

Read the accounts of combat from soldiers who took part in any war (any at all) and see if they were all laughing and joking and feeling really happy at the time. I'm talking actual combat. Being fired upon and firing back.

Harry Patch, who was the last surviving British veteran of the First World War called war legalized murder, and I have to say I'm inclined to agree with him. He was certainly someone who had experience of combat. Doesn't matter whether it's combat against the Germans or combat against IS. You'll say it's different because the Germans were wearing uniforms etc and would surrender etc, but for me there is no moral distinction.

When it comes to groups like ISIS, they are going to be violent no matter what is done. Some people only understand force. I'm happy to help them understand my perspective in the language they know best.

Yes and as I said above:

...such actions are futile and only perpetuate the hatred and violence.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The very idea of "ignoring" them is so utterly implausible and impractical as to defy comprehension. That would require every person on the planet to ignore a festering situation. It would require every media outlet to ignore an easy source of revenue. And to completely forget they ever heard the words "if it bleeds, it leads."

Sitting here waxing prophetic about something so monumentally preposterous as if it's just "that easy" has me scratching my head.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTATObama will probably be really mad when he hears about this..."FORE"!

what makes you think obama would be mad? if anything he would be happy because he would have a less chance of horribly loosing in the polls.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I wasn't able to hear what they were talking about over the sound of machine gun fire and rockets they sent our way. I wasn't able to hear what they were saying when they seemed to think it was ok to target whole families in the same fashion IS is doing in Iraq and Syria. Talking time is over.

Is it? Are you still in Afghanistan fighting insurgents or are you safely behind a computer typing up your rage?

Just ignore it and it will go away is not an effective strategy.

How do you know? I've never seen that strategy be used in human history. Retaliation and revenge has ALWAYS been the name of the game.

If we do it your way it won't be long before they are looking to effectively do just that.

Oh? You fought these insurgents, you should know first hand what their capabilities are. Can you HONESTLY say that those people would be able to put up a legitimate threat to any 1st world country, let alone the United States (where they have to cross one of two oceans to even get to us)?

I'm an Afghan war vet and still serving. My division is in Iraq now and it won't be too long before I'm there too. I don't have the luxury to ignore it. Even if I did ignoring evil is the surest way to ensure its survival and expansion.

Should have ETS'd that's what I did as soon as I realized what a sham the Iraq war was. Why should I continue to reenlist so I can be constantly redeployed to be used to fight a war that I had no business fighting in?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Didn't a few people try to appease Hitler prior to world war 2? I mean I guess that's not technically ignoring him...they tried playing nice with him.

Maybe they should've just ignored him.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Is it? Are you still in Afghanistan fighting insurgents or are you safely behind a computer typing up your rage?

Way to ignore the point.

How do you know? I've never seen that strategy be used in human history. Retaliation and revenge has ALWAYS been the name of the game.

It was ignored for years in Europe until it couldn't be ignored anymore. By that time the price of victory was astronomically high. Why let it get to that point?

Oh? You fought these insurgents, you should know first hand what their capabilities are. Can you HONESTLY say that those people would be able to put up a legitimate threat to any 1st world country, let alone the United States (where they have to cross one of two oceans to even get to us)?

What happens when they start taking over nations and suicide bombers and hatchet murderers are no longer the most effective means of causing destruction available to them?

Should have ETS'd that's what I did as soon as I realized what a sham the Iraq war was. Why should I continue to reenlist so I can be constantly redeployed to be used to fight a war that I had no business fighting in?

That's your opinion. Glad you got your DD214 so you could look down your nose at the rest of us still in.
edit on pMon, 19 Jan 2015 14:27:26 -0600201519America/Chicago2015-01-19T14:27:26-06:0031vx1 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Ah the hitler defense.
6 Ways to Keep Terrorists From Ruining the World

#2. Watch Out for Hitler

I can already hear it, from outside my window: "But what about Hitler?"

There is a particular form of bad argument everyone uses any time we're accused of having some kind of unproductive or destructive habit: we simply remember one perfect example of when that destructive thing worked, and then hammer that example over and over again like a club. It's our magical Staff of Shutting Down Criticism.

For example, your racist uncle will, with the slightest provocation, talk about the time he was suspicious of the new black family that moved into the neighborhood, and it turned out he was right! Their thug son broke into his car just a month later! This one, perfect example will be rolled out in response any time his racism is criticized. He says blacks are genetically predisposed to violence. You say there's no science to back that up. He pulls out that anecdote in response. He tells a racist joke, you tell him it's inappropriate, and he says, "You know what's in appropriate? BREAKING INTO MY CAR. Did I ever tell you about that time I caught that thug out in the driveway ..."

And when you suggest violence might not be the answer in any situation, Team Violence will always have the same answer:

"What about Hitler?"

Not just those three words -- they'll have crafted a perfect narrative that says A) Hitler was a perfect evil defeated by good; B) Hitler could only have been stopped by war; C) The "appeasers" who wanted to avoid war were the true villains of WWII; and D) Any discussion of what factors allowed Hitler to rise to power in the first place is irrelevant obfuscation. Therefore, if you protest the use of violence against any group, ever, you are effective pro-Hitler. ("If you'd made the same argument in 1941, we'd all be speaking Nazi right now!)

It should go without saying that even if I concede all of the above, that doesn't necessarily apply to any situation that has come along since, let alone all situations. So the more important question for that person is, why do you have a knee-jerk reflex to roll out the Hitler example any time the need for violence is questioned? Why is it that you even feel a touch of anger when doing it? Why do you feel the urge to be dismissive or snide in the process, implying the questioner is weak or naive? Why are you defending the use of violence as if it's sacred to you?

"Wait, so you're saying that the people suffering under brutal dictators and warlords today should just suck it up, because violence is wrong?" Nope! And again, look at how you immediately invented a perfect example to fall back to. If humanity progresses to the point that violence is used only by noble, oppressed populations against evil, totalitarian regimes in which no other options are available, we'll be in great shape.

Now, critics might even have a more irrational reaction, which is to say that the person questioning the need for violence is dishonoring "the troops" ("It's easy for you to sit here in your ivory tower and talk about 'peace' when those brave souls are out risking their lives for your sorry ass!"). But this also doesn't hold up to even the mildest application of logic: if you go up to a wounded war vet and say, "My man, I hope we create a world in which people like you never get shot and can instead live long, happy lives and raise grandchildren," I don't think he's going to take a swing at you.

But it was never about that specific young man anyway -- "Support our troops" and "What about Hitler" aren't invitations to actually discuss either subject. They're magic words intended to shut down further discussion, because the "Team Violence" part of our brain reacts to criticism in the exact same way that Muslim extremists react to cartoons mocking Mohammed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join