It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Both my wired & wireless phones have been acting strange today - Might that indicate a trap was plac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Okay I admit I'm the paranoid type, but numorous people have told me today that both my wired & wireless were unavailable today. Many of the numbers I dialed today either came up with out of service, busy signal or they rang a couple times stopped & just silence on the line. What was weird is it wasn't as if my phones were not working it appeared the numbers I was calling were not working. After someone told me they couldn't call me on either my phones I just became suspicious.

Is that the kind of thing one would expect when they start a trap on your communications? Are they that sloppy? Would they specifically try to block ones calls or is that a side effect while their pluging into my network.

How can I analyze my system to test for a trap or is that pretty much impossible these days? If there was something locally & not just on my network how would I find such a device - (I would assume it would be wireless these days).

Anyway it's not that big of a deal - I'm just curious.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by outsider]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
No. You would never know if your phone or comms were tapped.

What have you done to think that "they're" tapping you?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Are you near any borders?? Because at my other house on the Canadian Border there is a big antenna that does something to phones cause both my fathers and a womens phone would heat up while you talked and the same thing would happen. Unless your in a dead spot or your phone just cant receive a signal well.. some wireless companies have big antennas that go to the phones thats where you receive your signals or what they call "bars"..most people think its sattelite but its not. Hope this helps

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

I thought about answering that before I started, because I knew that was coming. Really I'm nobody who would expect such a thing, though I've stubled upon some interesting things, I closed the door behind me. I may have a few on the edge acquaintances who might see a hooker or two on occasion and one ex-terrorist buddy who spent most his life locked up for exploding a few bombs in government buildings in the 70's - (now he just writes & goes to protest) . Who knows maybe it was those links I clicked on about the patriot act.

No - I'm a couple hours from the border, though I do get audible noises on all my audio devices in the house for about 6 sec every hour.

BTW - I'm talking about two completely different phone systems. One is a twisted pair copper to the telco and the other is GSM wireless.

[edit on 15-12-2004 by outsider]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well, my phones are back to acting normally today. I'm still interested in comments though if you have any. I must have scared everyone away by mentioning I know an ex-terrorist. We have a job connection & have maybe a beer or two a few times a year & argue about politics.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Trust me, they have more important things to do.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
lately I have been called by people i don't know on my mobile phone
if I call back they say they don't know a thing are they trow te horn on it. the wired phone was lately also acting strange you will hear static with a voice speaking in english strangest thing I don't life in Usa or other country were it is usualy to hear english trough the phone also. I don't know anyone in the usa or in other countries which have my wired number:S

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I was thinking electromagnetic interference. I checked space weather and the sun looks fairly inactive. I go over to SOHO and they are in CCD Bakeout (brownies I hope). I can't get any images for the last 4 days from the EITs.

Then I checked the 8 Haarp stations. There was some minor activity across 4 stations around noon tuesday. I did a 3 day view and noticed there was "no data available" for Talkeetna and zero activity for Anchorage. So I went ahead and checked these two for the last month. Anchorage stopped on Dec 2nd. And Talkeetna still has "no data available".

Then I checked the global earthquakes and they seem normal except maybe for the one in southern Idaho yesterday (15th).

Then just for fun I checked Nasa TV and they were talking about their comet landing mission.

In conclusion, I have no clue.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Could these be symptoms of an Electro-Magnetic Pulse Outsider? Our govt's could be working to perfect a Magnetic Pulse wepon to be used to disrupt comunications in the event of a terrorist attack?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
did you try getting in touch with the phone companies?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
No. You would never know if your phone or comms were tapped.

Could it be that you just visited ATS???...lol

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amarillo_Brice
did you try getting in touch with the phone companies?

No, sometimes you have days with endless calls & sometimes the phone rings once or twice. I just didn't think anything of it until the end of the day. Had it happened a second day I would have bitched to the phone companies - but if it was a trap they just would give me canned responses anyway.

I was getting rotating responses (busy signal, number not available, ring then silence) when dialing out to the same number so it wasn't until the end of the day that I realized something wasn't right. I had been trying to get a hold of one particular person and finally decided maybe their phone is out of order, so I tried the persons wife & I got the same response, the persons kid & the same & the persons home & seemed to ring but the answering machine never picked up. I solve hardware & software problems for a living so I immediately went in to troubleshooting mode to test every possible way to make a connection.

It was just plain weird - I started to think maybe that persons blocking me, so I thought okay I'll use my calling card & then it will look like I'm calling from a different area code - well the calling card number came up every time, but I would get the same result. Another words my call went right through to the 800 calling card company, but after that I'd get the same result.

So, I started to believe it was just this one person - maybe he didn't pay his bill in time - still weird since it was two different phone companies, but after I finally got hold of that person they told me their phone was working fine all day, but they got busy signals when dialing both my numbers all day. The fact that he couldn't call me on any of my numbers from his mobile phone and I couldn't call any of his 4 numbers from either of my phones. And yet most (not all) other numbers seemed to be working. Note: His numbers are both mobile & land based and are in two different area codes. That's sort of what set me off. The fact that we have all the combinations of phones on different companies systems (different land based companies & different wireless companies no less) all which have call waiting & message boxes and 3 different area codes and not one could communicate to even leave a message during that time period. Thus it wasn't that my phone was out of order it just seemed to be not allowing communications to or from specific parties. So - yes that's where paranoia cropped up.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by outsider]

top topics

join