It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man set to testify against Arg. Pres Kirchner commits suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
whaddyaknow-- and Kirchner's own "Holder" will do the "investigation". The guy had actually hired a security firm to protect himself.

news.yahoo.com...
Buenos Aires (AFP) - An Argentine prosecutor found dead just hours before giving what was expected to be damning testimony against President Cristina Kirchner appears to have committed suicide, the nation's top security official said Monday.

"All signs point to suicide," said Argentine Security Secretary Sergio Berni following the death of Alberto Nisman, 51, whose body was found overnight in his apartment in the trendy Puerto Madero neighborhood of the capital.

Nisman, who accused President Cristina Kirchner of obstructing a probe into a 1994 Jewish center bombing, was found dead of a gunshot wound just hours before he was due to testify at a congressional hearing.

Officials said a .22-caliber handgun was found beside his body, which was found by his mother in the bathroom of his 13th floor apartment after his security detail was unable to contact him.

Nisman since 2004 had been investigating the 1994 van bombing of the building of the Argentine Jewish Charities Federation, or AMIA.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
nope, nothing suspicious about this at all, people that are NOT guilty and are investigating to find culprits kill themselves a few hours before going to court on a regular basis.

I remember reading about this story a while back, who knows who pulled the trigger...or who convinced him to do so.

Oh golly gee, what am i rambling about, this was just a standard suicide.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Maybe he pissed off the Clinton family....

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
I remember reading about this story a while back

I dont think you could had read about this a while back because An ambulance carrying the remains of prosecutor Alberto Nisman leaves the area outside his apartment in Buenos Aires, Argentina, early Monday, Jan. 19, 2015
You might be thinking of this thread?, Top Argentine official commits suicide at summit

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Tusks

It's been a while since last time I smelled a good conspiracy here. Good catch.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It may be that I've seen too many Hollywood movies but isn't the .22 caliber said to be the choice weapon of mob type hits?
The small caliber round is strong enough to enter the skull but to weak to exit. The overall damage is from it bouncing around inside destroying the brain.

Unless this guys dying wish was to cast doubt on the president I'm skeptical it was suicide.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

should have been more specific, i meant the amia bombing, not the man's death

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Common round for hits because its quiet and easy to muffle.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The odd thing is that these criminal politicians think people are stupid enough to believe it, which says the idiots that come up with suiciding a witness must have an IQ of 10 to think it a good ploy.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
It may be that I've seen too many Hollywood movies but isn't the .22 caliber said to be the choice weapon of mob type hits?
The small caliber round is strong enough to enter the skull but to weak to exit. The overall damage is from it bouncing around inside destroying the brain.

Unless this guys dying wish was to cast doubt on the president I'm skeptical it was suicide.

Actually .22 is favored by the Israeli Mossad in matters of termination with extreme prejudice.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Standard MO for shutting someone up!!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hi Guys,

Saw this when I was about to create a thread about it. I am from Argentina and live in Buenos Aires. Just to keep you up to date, things here are heating up really fast. There will be a concentration at the governments buildings in all the country. Thing is, the coverup they are talking about is not only Kirchner, but many of her closest collaborators (D'Elia, Larroque, Timerman, Etcheque and several intelligence operatives).

What the prosecutor presented was for an inquiry because he had recollected up to 330 cds of phone conversations (tapped) that incriminated all of them in the case with Iran. The idea seems to be is that the argentinian government opened up a clandestine communications channel with the government of Iran (for the creation of a secret Memorandum with the official front of a collaboration in the investigation) in which they talked about erasing the proof of Iran's involvement in the creation and execution of the AMIA terrorist attack in exchange for a commercial agreeement (selling of guns and agricultural goods in exchange for oil).

Right now the country is patently divided and the tension is running high, many people think there is a high probability of clashes between pro and against government people. Im going to the concentration but with my running shoes just in case. Will write an update tonight after I come back if you are interested and if I'm able.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I also live in Argentina, and I don't know. It is so ridiculously obvious that the Argentine government stands to win if the prosecutor "commits suicide", that makes me suspicious. Let's consider that the prosecutor had a solid case that could bring serious trouble to the people in power, including the president: aren't there better ways to deal with him? Like, for example, destroying the evidence he gathered, or discrediting the prosecutor (he could have his car "casually" stopped by traffic police, in a "routine" check, and then they find, say, many drugs and millions of dollars)? All this is easy, and wouldn't raise so much suspicions, nor make people indignant. With an ever decreasing popularity, an ending term (after more than 10 years in power, shared by her and her late husband) and many corruptions cases against her, the last thing president Kirchner needs is to have thousands of people protesting in the entire country.
edit on 19-1-2015 by Romanov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Romanov

I agree in a certain way, but for me yesterday was not so much about who "suicided" him, but that again someone key is dead. It's like Julio López all over again. I do believe that he had everything needed to back up his accusations. I personally do not believe that this came from the presidents chair, but I do believe that the implicated intelligence agents wouldn't have a problem acting on their own if they thought themselves cornered. To "suicide" him might not be the goal, but a message to his whole team or whoever gets his case. Something along the lines of "we know you have the copies of the recordings, don't use them" (as was stated by Nisman, there were at least two more copies of the recordings) The only thing we can hope now is that the recordings become public domain. I do agree that the timing of all of this is very suspicious and that while the accusations against Kirchner might be true, this was not her order.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
She's lost it. She said she now believes he was murdered in a plot to basically frame her. When a leader starts conapiracy theoroes and backpedals so desperately they have lost control. They should always seem in the loop. No matter the truth or what they know.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: YodaCoda

They way I see it.. she should be stwpping down.her claim of aome random third party to make her look bad (aka frame herfor murder) makes her look weak and desperate. Also changing her mind that Iit wasn't a suicide. . She knows nothing more now about his death except that people didnt buy it. Changing your mind for that reason isnt good.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Why would Iran plant bombs when it's trying to push forward a trade deal with Argentina?

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This saw this story on 60 minutes last night.

The most probable scenario was that Nisman was getting his info from a spy master that recently got fired by kirchners administration. And he was trying to get back at them by giving Nisman bad info. He found out that he was made a fool by the spymaster and took his own life.

even though 4 days after calling out the president on state tv he dies? And kirchners facebook messages first she posts its suicide then she changes and post murder?

also the point that made me do a little gasp was he was very friendly with America and it looks as if the rest of the administration is not. something to think about also.

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

It is very quite with a suppressor. It is a myth about the bullet not exiting the skull. The reason it is used is noise.
edit on 9-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tusks
How long before they go after the Falklands again?
Gotta get the citizenry united against something other than the current government.

top topics

join